| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: shiitake guys, someone just tried to rob my house (long!)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:13 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

With me in it (thankfully!)!

I heard my 6" side garden gate rattle, I had the tv on but it sounded louder than when the cats jump it so I got up and turned the back & front security lights on. Poppy wasn't barking so I thought I was maybe being paranoid but just thought I'd take a look out the front window. There, in the snow, were footprints across the front of my house to my side gate, I nearly shiitake!

I phoned the police and said I thought there was someone in my back garden, they were a bit "well did you see anyone? :/ ", but when I explained about the footprints they said they would send someone out. Meanwhile I locked the inside back door (this is where I'm glad I keep all my exterior doors & gates locked all the time!) & clutching my mini fire extinguisher (cos that'll really help!), crept towards the front window. The back sensor light went off again so I knew someone was really there. As I went to look out the front window I could hear their feet in the snow at my front door a couple of feet away. I was too afraid to look out the front window in case they were looking in!

I grabbed the phone and called the police again and said they're definitely creeping around my house. As I was on the phone 3 police cars pulled up and started searching the street & my garden. They said that someone else had reported them, apparently someone caught them in their hallway! The police were able to follow the footprints but lost them in all the other prints on the footpath.

My neighbour called round in tears, she had been sitting out the back having a smoke, heard a noise on the shed roof and looked up to see two guys, about 18/20 standing in hoodies staring at her. She shouted at them and they ran across her garden and vaulted the 6/7" fence at the back. They must have split up or there were more than two when I could hear someone at my front door at the same time.

That was over an hour ago and the police are in my neighbours garden with a sniffer dog, it's after midnight here so the whole street will be wondering wth is going on....

... just back in from letting the police dog into my garden. I was peeking out the window and could see the police man trying to clean something up with a bag then wiping his foot, when I went out my garden was covered in shiitake! The dog must have took the squits, he must have stood in it now it's all over the forking place in the snow. It's literally stinking the whole garden out, I can smell it down the side of the house, just my forking luck! (yes, you can laugh!)

My neighbour's ex called round and gave me his mobile number, he lives a couple of streets down, and said to phone him in future if I think I hear anything around the house. He'll get here before the police (and has a job that has trained him what to do).

I'm exhausted and stressed and I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep. Poppy is on high alert with all the fuss so will probably bark the house down every time Angus snores or farts! I don't care about any of my possessions, only them. She is so cute some forker would steal her for a gift or to sell her. I dread to think what would happen to poor old Angus :[

Looks like I won't be leaving the house for a while and I'll have to get my brother to bring some barbed wire for the side gate. I was going to phone him & get him to come and stay the night but the roads are too dodgy with the snow. Urgh, I'm going to have such an ME crash with all this stress & lack of sleep.

Post subject: Re: shiitake guys, someone just tried to rob my house (long!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:15 pm 

Now I need a poo but don't want to sit on the pot in case they decide to come back (which they won't, but I'm stressed!).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:20 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh no! That's so scary! I'm so, so glad you're OK and I hope you're not too scared of them coming back. They'll most certainly move on to some other neighborhood now that they know you're not an easy target. But I know that rationally knowing that does not make it any easier not to feel violated (my house was robbed once, while no one was home.)

<3<3<3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So scary, Fezza! I'm glad you and Poppy and Angus are safe. I hope you can begin to destress now, but man, so scary.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:27 pm 
Semen Strong

That is really horrible. So glad you're okay, and that no one succeeded in stealing Poppy.

Sending you tons of hugs.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Holy fork, fezza! I'm so sorry. That would scare the bejeebus outta me too. I'm so glad you and Poppy and Angus are ok, but I too would be up all night with worry. If you want to even chat to calm down I'm still up and you can totally call me, I'll pm you my number just incase <3 <3

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:39 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

So scary!! I'm so glad you're okay!!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:42 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

That's so scary- I am glad that you, Angus and Poppy are all ok.

I hope that you can find a way to calm everyone especially yourself.

Is everything secured now?

If you want I send you my skin shredding and hand biting attack cat for protection. He has never been to Ireland and he seems to be tired of sitting with me on the couch.

(((hugs))) and try to be good to yourself -stress is only going to make everything worse.

SuzyHB and Patrick Bianca & Isabel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 pm 

Thank you guys, I love you! <3

I'm telling myself they were only cutting through my garden to make a quick getaway from the other house they were caught in but as I'm only a few doors up from a couple of alleyways I'm not really believing myself. I think this is the story I'll go with when I tell my mum or she's going to set her blood pressure off worrying. I wouldn't tell her at all but when I'm tired I tend to let things slip, I'm not a secretive person or a good liar.

I can't believe I spent years worrying about this house getting robbed when I'm out (it's the most secluded one), only to calm down about it all when I kicked my ex out and reduced my stress, then this happens! Probably better that it happened when I'm living alone, I'll have to learn how to deal with it properly rather than relying on someone else (who isn't reliable!).

Everything is secured now Suzy, thankfully I've always been vigilant so have deadlocks on the front & back doors. I had said to my mum & brother over the summer that the side gate was the weak spot but never got round to sorting it out before the bad weather hit.

fork, Poppy needs the toilet! I'll take her out the front on the leash, at least there's street lights out there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:12 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So glad you're ok, Fezza!! You certainly have a good sense of humor!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Oh my god, that is so scary. I'm so glad you guys are okay. Tristan, Gershwin, Trevor and I are all sending our most powerful calming vibes all the way across the ocean to Ireland. I hope you can get some sleep soon. <3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 pm 
Chard Martyr

fezza! I leave you alone for one minute and you go and get all nearly robbed on me.
This is the answer: use your foul mouth. They will run. I've never heard shiitake like that in my life.
Wait- they may be so paralyzed with fear that they may not run, but just stand there, horrified.

All kidding aside, I'm glad you're safe. I'm so sorry. I'm sure that had to have been awful. I was robbed once when I was out, but they'd been casing the house all day, so it was awfully violating, then about a week later, someone tried to rob us again- they came banging on the door and I put my meanest voice on and they ran away when they found out someone was home... It's awful and scary and icky. Hugs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:25 pm 

Ha! I chased away a gang of drunks pinging our guide ropes on a campsite in Donegall one night. I could hear them sniggering and hear the ropes going and just let a big "get away tha fork!" roar out in my best Belfast accent (I don't normally have one), they ran like the hammers shouting it back at the tent. Laughing but kept running, I must have sounded rough lol.

I'm sorry to hear other people have actually been robbed, that's horrible :[ We used to have the lowest domestic crime rate in Europe, so home burglaries were almost unheard of until the troubles ended. Now the paramilitaries are out doing people's houses in organised crime gangs. They're robbing machinery out of farms and work yards. Dirty mustards.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 pm 
Chard Martyr

fezza wrote:
Ha! I chased away a gang of drunks pinging our guide ropes on a campsite in Donegall one night. I could hear them sniggering and hear the ropes going and just let a big "get away tha fork!" roar out in my best Belfast accent (I don't normally have one), they ran like the hammers shouting it back at the tent. Laughing but kept running, I must have sounded rough

I knew it could work! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm glad you're okay. Hopefully those guys are too scared to come back because they know people in the neighborhood are aware.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Oh fezza that's so scary! Lots of hugs, glad to hear you are safe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:42 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

That's awful! I'm glad you're safe!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 pm 

Thank you! <3

The police said they're highly unlikely to come back again once they've been scared off. Just means I'll have to leave my outdoor sensor lights on all the time now and take the hit on the electric. I had deliberately turned them off because every time the neighbours cats set it of I was "who's that 0.0?!", they were making me paranoid. I was really enjoying having my anxiety levels down so much I could happily leave them off and paddle around the garden in the dark during the summer, psh!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Fezza, i will be thinking of you, Poppy and Angus (who is cute, too, tell him i'd steal him). i was robbed once- and i know it is violating, but it does get better and it sounds like you are going to do the right thing with the gate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

oh how scary! I'm glad the police finally took your call seriously and came out.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Crazyyyyyy. I'm glad that you and everyone is all right. Ugh, that's crazy stressful! Those security light sounded like a good investment tho, you could tell that there was actually someone creeping around your place. When I get a legit place I'll have to look into those.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

How scary! I'm glad you're okay!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:11 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Oh, god. I'm glad you're okay, and that they didn't actually make it in! I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Probably call my dad, who lives 3 hours away. Because that makes sense.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

oh no! that sounds really scary. i hope you managed to get a little sleep.. <3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:26 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I hope you're feeling better now. My flatmate left our back door open on Friday and we were robbed too. Fortunatel/unfortunately, all of us were out, so no one saw the burglar. I feel for you and I hope you get over your fear soon too. You're so brave not asking anyone to come over!