| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: shiitake guys, someone just tried to rob my house (long!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:15 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

I hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

So scary. I'm glad everyone is ok.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Thank you lovelies! <3

As well as being given the neighbour's ex's number I've also been given the neighbours at the other side's number. It seems they thought someone was in their garden last week (someone knocked a water fountain over) and all week I had a strange feeling someone was snooping about my house but it was so vague I thought I was imagining it, seems not.

They have a huge Alsation and said that if I hear anything that unsettles me I've to ring them, no matter how late, and they'll bring the hound round and check the place out for me. They were furious about the whole thing and say they know several able bodied men living nearby who they will ring and get to my door before the police arrive.

Fezza has an ARMY! O.O

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Sigh- and Patrick was so looking forward to coming to Ireland and being you attack cat :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:33 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

fezza wrote:
Now I need a poo but don't want to sit on the pot in case they decide to come back (which they won't, but I'm stressed!).

Sad!
They were probably casing the neighborhood. I live in a townhouse area it seems like we get them all the time.

Maybe indulge in some pepper spray? I love having a mini thing of it on my key ring. That stuff really blows, everyone's intimidated by it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 am 

Well we still need a tactics advisor and weapons expert Suzy so between Patrick & Venger they could have it covered.

Pepper spray is unfortunately illegal in the uk. However vinegar is not so I'm going to put spray bottles full of it at the front and back doors. Should blind anyone long enough for me to activate my Irish ninja skills i.e. roaring swear words & kicking them repeatedly in the sweeties. My neighbour is so stressed she says she doesn't know how she'll ever sleep in that house again. She's planning on moving out soon so Lard knows who I'll end up with in there.

It'll take me awhile to settle down, which is quite normal, but I won't give myself permission to turn this into a monster in my own home. When I was very ill I developed phobias, one of them was that someone would force their way into my home. I refuse to let any thieving streak of peas put me back there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:47 am 
Huffs Nooch

I'm so glad you're ok, Fezza!

I worry about this when Mr. Quinne travels, which is about monthly. Having someone standing outside one of our windows looking in is just about my worst fear, and our neighborhood is so DARK.

In lieu of vinegar or pepper spray, try wasp spray. There was one of those security emails going around a while ago which recommended that because it has good range and is easy to aim.

It's good that you've engaged the neighbors, too. That's probably the best strategy overall.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:56 pm 

Quinne wrote:
I'm so glad you're ok, Fezza!

I worry about this when Mr. Quinne travels, which is about monthly. Having someone standing outside one of our windows looking in is just about my worst fear, and our neighborhood is so DARK.

In lieu of vinegar or pepper spray, try wasp spray. There was one of those security emails going around a while ago which recommended that because it has good range and is easy to aim.

It's good that you've engaged the neighbors, too. That's probably the best strategy overall.

I'm sorry you worry about this too :[ it's crepe isn't it! Thanks for the wasp spray tip, my mum's idea is a can of hairspray and a lighter but I'd probably point the forking thing in the wrong direction and end up setting myself on fire!

It seems that they were targeting my house rather than just trying to hide/run away. One of the other neighbours noticed them hanging around for a while before they entered my garden. We're all going to sort our security lights and cameras (that are never on!) out. If mine still works it has a chime that goes off when someone walks by. Then I can flick the tv channel over and see who's at the door. I can also get a battery operated chime for around the side of the house and will put extra window locks on (the current ones aren't that good).

I'm also going to ask my brothers for some old work boots to leave at the door and thinking of buying a couple of cheap trophies to set on the windowsill, perhaps martial arts or boxing.

forkers are going to cost me a fortune in security upgrades!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:24 pm 
Mediocre Tart

I have asked Venger and he is totally up for being weapons' expert attack-kitto. The way he's been biting me recently I imagine he'll excell in such a position- i'll stick him on a ferry in the morning.

I still can't get over the pure bloody cheek of the wee dickheads, to be honest! It's so great all your neighbours are rallying round though. <3

Maybe you can hang a sign on your door saying 'ass-waxing P.A.R.T.Y. here! Every night!'?*

*eta, obviously I mean that to scare the wee shitebags away, rather than to invite them in.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 pm 

Fantastic news Interrobang?!, we just have to stay alive til morning then we'll be sorted!

I was saying on facebook that I'm going to have to re-train Poppy to use puppy pads for night toilets until I can make that side of the house more secure and my lovely friend replied with *pops out with poppy to poop* *collects poop in bag, places bag in motion sensing cannon by back door*. Best idea EVA! <3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

oh, I'm glad everyone is ok! so scary, though :( It sounds like your neighbors are awesome

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:09 pm 
Chard Martyr

fezza wrote:
Should blind anyone long enough for me to activate my Irish ninja skills i.e. roaring swear words & kicking them repeatedly in the sweeties.
Hilarious.

fezza wrote:
It'll take me awhile to settle down, which is quite normal, but I won't give myself permission to turn this into a monster in my own home. When I was very ill I developed phobias, one of them was that someone would force their way into my home. I refuse to let any thieving streak of peas put me back there.
Don't let them! I have that fear, too, still sometimes and it's a bisque.
fezza wrote:
a can of hairspray and a lighter but I'd probably point the forking thing in the wrong direction and end up setting myself on fire!
Danger, danger!
fezza wrote:
forkers are going to cost me a fortune in security upgrades!

cornhuskers, cornhuskers, cornhuskers!
interrobang?! wrote:
Maybe you can hang a sign on your door saying 'asparagus-waxing P.A.R.T.Y. here! Every night!'?*

They would totally want to come in and stay. That would backfire.
Giggle... pun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:13 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

fezza wrote:
Well we still need a tactics advisor and weapons expert Suzy so between Patrick & Venger they could have it covered.

Well here is a blurry picture of Patrick's handy work in the event that you need to see a sample.

Mind you this was taken 15 minutes AFTER a 45 minute antibiotic IV drip- and the swelling had started to recede.

It was twice as big when I walked into the ER.

Just to assure you of his qualifications.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

fezza wrote:

I'm sorry you worry about this too :[ it's crepe isn't it! Thanks for the wasp spray tip, my mum's idea is a can of hairspray and a lighter but I'd probably point the forking thing in the wrong direction and end up setting myself on fire!

Hairspray without a lighter would work too, as long as they get it in the eyes. Spraying with the fire extinguisher could work too. (or were you going to hit them on the head with that?)

It's good to hear that they ran and nothing happened to you :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:17 pm 

Thanks Fizzgig, they really are. I've lived here 6 1/2 years and it's the first time I've had a conversation with the couple with the Alsation.

Meggs <3!

Ouch suzy, that looks painful! I think we've found our tactical expert!

I was going to do the old spray - whack combo Eric, blind them with the watery foam then batter them with the cannister.

I'm sooooo tired, it's midnight here. I've been trying to go to bed but Poppy has me worked up to high heavens! I just don't want to let her out the back in the dark until I get it more secure. She's used to running in and out so is running around the house whining and throwing herself at doors, scaring the bejebbus out of me! I ended up giving in and taking her out the front on the leash just now and she just did a little dribble but wanted to sport about in the snow for the rest of the night. I feel safer out the front because it's well lit and my neighbours with the big dog look out their windows into my front garden so if I shouted they would be with me in about two seconds. It's pissing me off that I don't feel at all safe in my back garden now.

My parents are buying me security cameras for all 3 sides of the house and getting them installed. I don't normally take anything from them but said I wouldn't even pretend to refuse with this. It'll bring them peace of mind too but I'm so grateful to them right now!

My neighbour's ex just text me to say he's done a few laps of the block this evening and everything is fine. He says he's going to do it for the next few nights until we feel a bit more relaxed. How nice is that?! He also said to get a few quotes for cameras as he knows guys who fit them for the security forces who will do it as a homer.

My friend shouted at me for not phoning her out of bed last night. She would have drove the country roads in the snow to stay with me.

I am feeling very well looked after by both my loved ones and people I hardly know. It seems something positive is coming out of this already <3

Sorry for my whittering, I'm exhausted but jittery with stress adrenalin *twitches*.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:39 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Take your twitchy self and crazy hyper Poppy outside and challenge anyone to come and fork with you.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:57 pm 

pandacookie wrote:
Take your twitchy self and crazy hyper Poppy outside and challenge anyone to come and fork with you.

Aahahahaaaaa! GTF out of my mind Panda! I've had an urge to stand in the front garden roaring "come on mothers hubbard, lets get this shiitake over with". Whilst cleverly concealing some wasp spray, a small fire extinguisher, Iron, pool cue, hairspray & lighter about my tiny person.

The hairy weans are fed, toileted & medicated and both are curled up against my right leg. I'm going to get some sleep soon. I think I'll just leave the living room light on all night, then I won't get spooked by the jet black living room when I'm heading to the loo in the dark.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:02 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I wouldn't fork with a twitching woman with a crazy hyper dog screaming on her lawn. Hell no. I'd bow in, drop off the bundt and slide back out the gate.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:15 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

it will get better, and it sounds like these guys got the whole neighborhood together, so now with the new security as well, you will be safer then you were before this. ill be sending you good sound sleep vibes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:28 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Yikes! So sorry to read about this. I can't imagine anxiety being compounded like that, but it's lovely to see such a show of support from neighbors, friends, and internet strangers alike. Your neighbors with the GSD sound awesome! DEFINITELY invest in motion lights -- it's a nice comfort for a few cents (er, pence) a day, at best.

My car was broken into (parked in our back yard) a month or so ago, and our next door neighbor's house was broken into about a week ago. Both things happened while I was at home alone, and I still leave all the lights on when I go to bed. I figure, it's okay to leave all the lights on as long as we have CFLs! Now that the days are so short, I'm thinking about getting a timer for our interior lights, to make it look like we're home by intermittently turning lights on and off during the evening. I also keep a claw hammer and a huge chef's knife inconspicuously placed near the front and back door, respectively. Whatever helps you sleep, I always say.

Here's to the return of a good night's rest. Those adrenaline crashes can be intense! <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:47 am 

Indeed Panda, I keep telling myself that if I do find someone creeping around the house again that I need to get my biggest kitchen knife (it's huge!) and bang the window screaming obscenities at them aka a Myleene Klass.

That's what I've been saying to my mum jildez, it'll just take me a little while to stop twitching the curtains when I hear noises around the house.

I'll make a mental not not to fork with you Stephanie! Sorry to hear you've had your feelings of security impeded too.

My poor friend had her car broken into last week, they smashed the window and wrecked her dashboard to get an old cheap stereo out, it'll cost her more to fix than the stereo is worth, mustards.