| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:10 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

AshleyUndone wrote:
tealattes_arethebomb wrote:
I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.

I can't wait to cook again. I was a bad girl and sauteed some veggies with rice. That felt fancy. Something beyond a sandwich or veggies with hummus!
Lots of huggles for you my dear and Meredith. Tomorrow will come, but so will the day after that... and somewhere in the distant future, Christmas Break!!
I think I'm seriously going to shut down my computer now. It needs to happen. *fake sob*

I'm shutting my computer down now and going to BED! Library bright and early tomorrow, oh such an exciting day!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

AshleyUndone wrote:
I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.

I can't wait to cook again. I was a bad girl and sauteed some veggies with rice. That felt fancy. Something beyond a sandwich or veggies with hummus!
Lots of huggles for you my dear and Meredith. Tomorrow will come, but so will the day after that... and somewhere in the distant future, Christmas Break!!
I think I'm seriously going to shut down my computer now. It needs to happen. *fake sob*

That's why I'm sooo thankful for Amy's frozen burritos/frozen meals. Yummy frozen microwaveable easy vegan-ness.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I got up at 6.30am to do the essay due 3pm today that I've been panicking and not knowing how to start for the past few weeks (and most of last night). And it's already 8am now... aargh...

How can I still procrastinate on the morning something is due?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 am 
Dildo Queen

well i get to write a 20 page essay in one week - it's a take-home exam; the questions for which were only released today. so what am i doing tomorrow all day? kissing the green, watching movies and munching with a couple of close friends. maybe coming home tomorrow night, maybe staying at my friend's house overnight.

i know how to prioritise.

right now it's 3:30 and i have to get to bed soon if i want that forkin 8 hours of sleep before i go to my friend's house tomorrow...i'm going through my notes and highlighting stuff that i will inlcude in the essay, so at least i'm making SOME progress tonight.
friday and saturday i won't be able work on it,either - i work all day both days. well, there's always saturday night. and then sunday, and monday. so...i've got a good 4 days. i can do this.

before 3rd year university i NEVER would have imagined myself writing a 20 page paper in such short time period but here i am, doin it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 am 

GreenDuck wrote:
I got up at 6.30am to do the essay due 3pm today that I've been panicking and not knowing how to start for the past few weeks (and most of last night). And it's already 8am now... aargh...

How can I still procrastinate on the morning something is due?

I sure can. It's a sad thing, especially if you know you can't sleep after you turn it in because you still have 4 more hours of class.

I have a small assignment due tomorrow but I want to go home today so I'm turning it in early, yet I'm on PPK. And I need to buy cat food before I leave.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

I just overslept and missed my first final of my college career. GOOD FU CKING JOB.

I woke up at 11:38 and my final was scheduled for 11. And I live 1/2 hour away from campus.

I just emailed my prof, he's really nice and hopefully there will be another time that I can take the final.

But still: F O R K.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:05 pm 

Louzilla wrote:
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

I just overslept and missed my first final of my college career. GOOD FU CKING JOB.

I woke up at 11:38 and my final was scheduled for 11. And I live 1/2 hour away from campus.

I just emailed my prof, he's really nice and hopefully there will be another time that I can take the final.

But still: F O R K.

I feel you. I missed a final once. The date was wrong on the syllabus and I never changed it. Me and one other guy from the class showed up for a final that had taken place two nights before. I took it during the finals week of the NEXT semester because we had missed the makeup final day. Totally boned. Universities usually have a makeup final day though, and professors will even just let you come at some random time, maybe another final that they have to sit for. You'll be okay!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:33 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Most of my finals work is due at midnight tonight. I have two more illustrations, two composition pieces and a mood board to finish. I work until 6. This will be fun!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:51 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I have a final at 6pm, I'm not prepared, I haven't actually even done all the readings yet. I'm doing those at work (11:30-5). My only grace is that its women's studies and not an upper level class.

After I'm done with the final, I get to make cupcakes for my geography class because my teacher insists on treats when cell phones go off. And mine went off on the last class. Because I'm a forking idiot. I had to beg and plead with my partner to go and get more soy milk because he devoured the soy milk I was planning on using.

After that I do readings for geography and then bed for the exam the next day at (thank god its later in the day) 1pm...

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:15 pm 

I'm going into my first exam today without having read The Vicar of Wakefield OR all of Tom Jones. This exam's going to be easy though, and the teacher should probably grade harder than she does. Right after that, I have my Shakespeare final, which will be nonstop writing. Even if some of the writing turns out to be crepe, you just can't stop or you won't get close enough to finishing. I haven't read the three plays its on in several weeks...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:25 pm 

Raise your hand if your GPA's taking a bit of a beating this week! *raises hand*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:12 pm 
Nailed to the V

Raise your hand if your GPA's taking a bit of a beating this week! *raises hand*

ME ME ME. I didn't realize just how stressed I was last week until today, when I realized one of the final papers I turned in Wednesday (online) was the UNFINISHED draft. fork fork fork.

She let me resubmit the correct one today, but I can't imagine I won't get punished for it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

*raises hand*

it may have to do with the fact that school is never my priority in life. I have a bunch of post-its of things I gotta get done that are on the wall right next to my desk and they are ALL related to VEG activism... no school.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:39 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Me. For whatever reason this year, I just didn't care about finals. I had plenty of time to study and write papers, yet I let everything go until the last minute, spending the time I should have been doing things either here, or watching movies, or just relaxing thinking I'd get to my work later. I even told myself at the beginning of the semester that I wasn't going to procrastincate since I knew I'd have a couple of big papers due, yet I ended up writing the majority of them the day before they were due. What the fork is wrong with me?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 pm 
Dildo Queen

i still can't write this paper, guys

it's due tomorrow

i just...don't want to. i am interested in other things, like

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

You can write this paper, semiautomatic. Just think of how relaxing tomorrow will be once you turn in this paper and can do whatever you want without the nagging thought of the paper looming in the back of your head. At least that's what I told myself when I couldn't get motivated to finish my 20 page paper.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:43 pm 
Dildo Queen

gaia13 wrote:
You can write this paper, semiautomatic. Just think of how relaxing tomorrow will be once you turn in this paper and can do whatever you want without the nagging thought of the paper looming in the back of your head. At least that's what I told myself when I couldn't get motivated to finish my 20 page paper.

aw, thank you. :)
i am working on it, piece by piece. but i allow myself to be distracted by sexy men! those sluts.
actually, tomorrow is gonna be aweosme...i'm handing in the paper, then me and my sister are going for coffee with my friend, then my sister and i are going to see harry potter, boiii!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:07 pm 

Louzilla wrote:

*raises hand*

it may have to do with the fact that school is never my priority in life. I have a bunch of post-its of things I gotta get done that are on the wall right next to my desk and they are ALL related to VEG activism... no school.

Activism=SOOOOOO much more awesome than papers that'll end up in the shredder, in the long run IMO. What cha up to, Louzilla?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have an exam tomorrow, and I am so so boned.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Activism-wise, or school-wise? Because I am actually (finally) studying... but I just became disheartened by looking at the amount of studying I still have to do compared to the amount I have actually done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:39 pm 

Talk about your activism! Will make you feel better =)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am 
Saggy Butt

louzilla, what was the verdict? is your professor letting you retake the final?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

sunshower wrote:
louzilla, what was the verdict? is your professor letting you retake the final?

He never emailed me back! If I don't get a response tomorrow I'm just going to show up Wednesday morning ready to take it.

Talk about your activism! Will make you feel better =)

Alas, it only reminds me of all the other stuff I have to do that I can't even touch until after exams. Projects such as creating a veg guide for the town my college is in, recording a song I wrote about the seal hunt & making a video to go with it, giving my blog a makeover, ordering literature for my Vegetarian Education Group, outlining presentations on veganism to take to secondary schools, starting the Coats for Cubs project, etc etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 am 
Dildo Queen

Louzilla wrote:
He never emailed me back! If I don't get a response tomorrow I'm just going to show up Wednesday morning ready to take it.

that's what batman said.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:11 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

So I'm still awake, but was I studying? No, watching Grey's Anatomy. Ah, I need to study. I'm a master procrastinator this semester.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next