| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:11 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

PROCRASTINATION LIVES

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

This is the worst.

Writing semester long papers is terrible and stressful.

(I haven't even done any actual writing yet).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh nooo bathsheba are you writing an undergrad thesis? most of my friends are right now and it's killing them.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Who is behind in her work?

This girl.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I need to get on the ball and do work. But the internet is far more interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

15 hours at the fooking school is becoming my standard every day

not even catching up, just doing the bare minimum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I've been putting off an annotated bibliography that we've known about all term, it's due Friday! I have a midterm in another class on Thursday, and another on Monday, and some geology homework that will take a good chunk of time due tomorrow. I'm ready for spring break. I'm going to try to get a few sources annotated every night until Friday. Maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

God damn philosophy take home exam. Its not hard but I'm just tired of dealing with the material :( Its almost exactly like another course I'm doing and I already wrote an exam for that one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:23 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I think my ODE class is going to require an all-nighter. I didn't mean to put off the problem set until the night before it was due. There were just so many other sets to work on... And then I immediately need to start the physics problem set that's due thursday. Fabulous.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuu...

I've been doing so well this semester, but i just went to go do my homework due tomorrow at 6pm (for an online class) and realize... I don't have the book that contains one of the interviews we're supposed to read and discuss. And it's not online. I have to buy it and wait 6 days for it to get here. What the fork.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

See, what sucks about getting old is that all-nighters now wear me out for at least a week. And last time I tried an "all nighter" (which consists of my getting approximately 5 hours of sleep) I was tired for about a week. Oh, and I sucked at the test I took that day. Maybe I should start loving energy drinks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 am 
Tofu Pup

one take home test in analysis due on tuesday
one problem set in algebra due on monday

I looked at the algebra on wednesday, and we hadn't even talked about the stuff that was on the homework yet. now we've covered it, but I can't find the time to sit down with it. I am procrastinating until my son is with his dad on sunday, though it would be pretty stupid of me to wait that long to start.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i am behind on EVERYTHING. i am just too stressed out about real life stuff that school stuff gets behind. and if i want to keep my straight A score for my final exams, i need to step it up quite a bit.

the worst part is that because i KNOW i should be doing schoolwork, i'm stressed constantly when i don't do schoolwork. which means fun becomes much less fun. and new boyfriend is stressing me out like crazy, because i want to hang out with him all of the time, but it's killing my schedule. also, new boyfriend = no alone time. and every minute of alone time i spent trying to catch on with homework and school and papers.

currently going to have to spend the entire weekend reading for and writing a paper for my religion class, due monday. and this is an all self-study class, which means that everything i should have spent 2 weeks reading will have to be read this weekend, before i can start writing.

the worst part is that it is totally my own fault. if i was a little more strict with my schedule, i wouldn't be this stressed.

i'm so ready to be done with this whole student thing. oh well, only 6-7 more years to go..........

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

Trying to study for my first "state exam". We have one a month for the next few months and they are monumentally huge and terrifying but that still hasn't got me worked up enough to do the work I need to do despite it being on friday. I really really hope I get a nice panel of examiners and don't freeze up if i don't know something. Discovering PPK and all the amazing baking recipes has done bad things for my waistline and even worse things for my studying since i seem to give up on work to make a new yummy item each day at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

booberthefraggle wrote:
oh nooo bathsheba are you writing an undergrad thesis? most of my friends are right now and it's killing them.

I'm writing my "seminar" paper; it's basically a Master's thesis. I don't do such a good job at doing things on my own without deadlines, it seems...

I have a half-assed outline, proposal, bib that I haven't even found all the materials for, and 11 pages of notes. Still need to do tons of research. I feel like I should have waaaaay more done than this by now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:10 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just finished my biggest-presentation-ever in the program I'm in. "Pharmacokinetics and Assessing Physical Therapy Treatment Concerns of the Top 10 Prescription Drugs". SO so glad it is done, although I have to present it 2 more times, at each of my 5 week clinicals next quarter.

Now, if I only could get motivated to study today and get my head back into the next couple of weeks.

And... I didn't manage to catch a big typo for my class until it was too late. Luckily, I did find the mistake, and I turned in the corrected outline to my professor, but as I was running out of time, I chose to distribute the already-printed-out papers for my classmates. I really wanted them to have the outline, because it has great info on drug side effects for them once they get out into their clinicals.

But I'm pretty sure a side effect of amoxicillin is NOT "analphylaxis". At least I got big laughs when I pointed it out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:02 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I have to hand in my entire portfolio for moderation next week. I have to prove I've had exposure to other branches of nursing (ie. child, mental health and learning disability - I'm an adult nurse). MH + LD I've done in practice. But not child. So I've turned down a night out with friends to study on a website which teaches you how to spot child illnesses. Including feeling their fingers to check if they have meningitis etc..... fuxake.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 pm 
WELFARIST!

I have to finish this poem and this paper. I CAN DO THIS!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I have to finish this poem and this paper. I CAN DO THIS!

Nope!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:26 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

fork. Tomorrow is my last day of class before spring break and I need to turn this outline into a 6-page paper, revise an essay, write a 2-page response, and read an entire book. Plus I woke up this morning with a sore throat and am just generally tired and feeling like shiitake. How to overcome this all!!!!?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

you can do it!
Work on the stuff hat has the hardest deadline/worth the most points or percentage first, drink tea and just start plugging away! you can sleep when your break starts!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 pm 
Chip Strong

I have a chem final tomorrow, and I haven't started studying. I know I won't do horrible (I've taken this class before in high school through running start, but the credits didn't transfer because I didn't complete the series), but I'd rather not have the one class I don't get above a 3.5 in be something a) I'm good at, b) have taken before and c) not physics (I'm terrible at physics). Fork, why do I do this to myself?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 am 
Saggy Butt

I have another big exam 2 weeks on friday but studying is a write off this weekend because its my birthday and then im going to budapest for a concert on monday and tuesday so nothing will happen then, which means i really need to start studying now, especially since today is a day off from visiting farms and doing stuff, but as usual i find myself online procrastinating.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hahahah fork. I need to learn to stop procrastinating. I'm currently in the midst of pulling an all-nighter in order to write a 12-page paper that's worth 20% of my grade. Blaarg!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Due today, do today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next