| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:26 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Teaching exam in case I need to start applying for jobs. The exams are offered in windows a few times a year. The current window ends next week, and the next isn't until August, which would be too late.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 am 
Married to the wolfman

Yikes! The pressure is on then... I'm stressed just thinking about that. Good luck with your week of cramming.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:44 am 
Married to the wolfman

Argh.

Fixed the thing that made me hit a wall earlier. Drawing a couple of diagrams to help group members even sort of understand what I've done. Sudden realization: program still fails to capture one of the key pieces of necessary functionality... the part that prompted the complete reworking I just spent 5 hours of my life on. Sigh and ugh.

Quick mail to the project partners with what I've got and then I'm going to bed.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:27 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I have one revised story, one new story, five poems, and a scene of drama all due Friday. And that's just for one class: I also have to finish putting together a zine and write a brief paper about it, and I have a huge report to write up that'll probably be 20 pages.

Plus I have a performance coming up this weekend and have to finish choreographing three other pieces.

To top it all off, the boy and I have both come down with a cold.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 am 
Nailed to the V

Ahhhh it's Tuesday and I have homework due Tuesday but I forgot it was Tuesday.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:10 am 
Married to the wolfman

I have two exams tomorrow. Due to, you know, life circumstances, I haven't studied for either as much as I'd like to. Um, I haven't studied for one of them at all actually. I've spent maybe 6 hours (over the course of a few days, which I think is more effective for me) on the other one. Both of them are classes I have done SO WELL on the rest of the semester, if I don't fork up the exams I'll get As in both of them-- but conversely, if I even sort of fork up either exam, I'm sunk. (Both of them are worth 20% of their respective course grades.)

PPK, should I stay up and study all night? Or am I going to do better if I get some sleep? I am telling myself the second option is better but maybe I'm just being lazy.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I had three finals on Wednesday and I had to devote all my time to studying for one of them. My professor seems merciless about giving bad grades (something about objectivity and fairness?).

I have one on Monday and another on Tuesday and only one of them is accumulative but they're way too close for comfort to me. During midterms, I almost went to the ER for heart palpitations and chest pains that turned out to be stress-induced.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:45 am 
Married to the wolfman

My exams yesterday were both terrible! I am consoling myself with the fact that they were A/B deciders in both cases... Even if I failed both of them, I'll still pass.

I have one more on Tuesday, and a 15 page paper due on the same. Ugggy ugggy ugh. All I want to do after those two yesterday is crash, but that's not an option.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:32 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm finishing up a research paper and i've lost one of my sources. I have it cited with the authors name and page number but i have NO IDEA what this book/journal article is. Google did not help. So i am freaking out, ready to explode.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My paper writing skills suck! I have been consistently getting low grades on papers due to poor writing quality in grad school and I'm afraid I'm giong to have to retake classes if I don't keep my GPA in each class above a 3.0. I really don't want to do that. I'm thinking it's lack of time spent on developing and organizing the papers' content, but I don't know. Maybe I'm just not a paper-writer. Unfortunately all my grades depend on me writing good papers. Boo.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have to finish writing a paper tonight because I need to spend all weekend/early next week in the studio working on my piece for the 1st year MFA show and this paper is due next thursday but I just CANNOT SEEM TO MAKE MY BRAIN THINK THOUGHTS.
I have SO MUCH research and SO MANY thoughts but I can't form them in to coherent sentences and I have noooooo desire to write or think, I just want to paint my nails and watch romcoms and take naps every 2 hours. over the entirety of today I have written exactly 1.5 pages and it's just a bunch of separate ideas that have no connection yet.

aaaghhhh

I've hit the point in the semester where i'm kicking myself for thinking grad school was a good idea (even though it IS a good idea, I know it logically!) and spending hours googling "wax candle carving careers" because that sounds like a way I would be happy to live my life instead of the infinite trudge of academia.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:50 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Things I accomplished this weekend: finished most of my QSci homework, read a bit of biol, and made my excel work book for lab stuffs.

Things I should have done: finished allllll of my QSci homework, read all of biol, started and finished GIS homework (due tomorrow at 7pm...) so I could have all week to focus on my lab report due Friday.

Trying to decide what to do now. Last weeks GIS homework only took like 3 hours to finish... and I'm done with class things at 230pm, so that gives me 4.5 hours to finish if I start then. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but being done with biol reading for tomorrow would be best to do tonight... and no way I can do both.

Maybe I'll read as much biol as I can before I fall asleep, and then start GIS in the morning, and finish in the afternoon? Ugh.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF?!?!?!?!?!?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13