| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:57 am 
Offline
Dildo Queen
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:47 pm
Posts: 1774
Location: ontario, canada.
should be studying for women's studies, but i was just reading about karla and paul for a bit. they were mentioned in my repotext so i decided to do some (vegan) hunting.

_________________
Nothing raises awareness of D3 in soy milk like hardcore anal. - Erinnerung


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1104
Location: Birmingham, AL
Only 5 hours left to finish my paper! I can do it. I'm just uncomfortable. It's that weird feeling when you should you should be sleeping but you're not that tired. Also, I want to have a shower but I feel like I shouldn't move away from the laptop or else I'll miss those bouts of writing.

_________________
Revamped blog: Veganitions
Twitter: caitds
Facebook: Caitlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
I need to stop PPKing and study! I've given up Facebook for exams, if only I could do the same with the PPK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 2123
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
cstadt wrote:
Only 5 hours left to finish my paper! I can do it. I'm just uncomfortable. It's that weird feeling when you should you should be sleeping but you're not that tired. Also, I want to have a shower but I feel like I shouldn't move away from the laptop or else I'll miss those bouts of writing.

Lots of times I need a shower so I can take a break and recenter myself if I'm losing focus.

Although also, it is easy to just keep going once you started as opposed to stopping and then having to start back up again.

VeganMeredith wrote:
I need to stop PPKing and study! I've given up Facebook for exams, if only I could do the same with the PPK.

It is not unheard of for PPKers to PM a mod asking to be banned for a week or so around this time.

_________________
Louzilla Lovegood Letters | Dumbledore's Vegan Army
Don't have a cow, man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 2123
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
I just really need to rant about a group project we've had for 3 weeks and no one ended up doing any of the work we needed other than coming up with the idea. So it's due today, and I just realized nothing was done and had to whip up a powerpoint presentation and now come up with 10 sources for a bibliography... for an idea that I didn't even come up with, and doesn't pertain to me in the least.

Why do I feel like I'm mothering everyone in my group?? They're just getting around to doing their individual outlines and stuff, and keep asking ME what they need to have done and how to do it. Sorry kids, I'm already doing all the group work for you but I'm not going to do your individual work too because that has no effect on my grade so you're SOL.

/rant

_________________
Louzilla Lovegood Letters | Dumbledore's Vegan Army
Don't have a cow, man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
Louzilla wrote:
cstadt wrote:
Only 5 hours left to finish my paper! I can do it. I'm just uncomfortable. It's that weird feeling when you should you should be sleeping but you're not that tired. Also, I want to have a shower but I feel like I shouldn't move away from the laptop or else I'll miss those bouts of writing.

Lots of times I need a shower so I can take a break and recenter myself if I'm losing focus.

Although also, it is easy to just keep going once you started as opposed to stopping and then having to start back up again.

VeganMeredith wrote:
I need to stop PPKing and study! I've given up Facebook for exams, if only I could do the same with the PPK.

It is not unheard of for PPKers to PM a mod asking to be banned for a week or so around this time.


Hmmm, I'd never thought of that, I think I'll do that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 3928
Location: St. Louis
I only have 2 more essays to write! I'm setting a goal of 3pm for them to be finished.
So I can go over to my school and pick up my rat necklace from my professor at the same time that I drop off these essays. sound good?


Okay, now I have to go do it.

Do iiittt.


these are really easy, but really boring essays. Its pretty much just spitting back what he told us in lectures.

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:34 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 3928
Location: St. Louis
and i'm done. 2:30. I'm awesome.

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:42 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 3928
Location: St. Louis
sunshower wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
Its over for me!! good luck guys!


can we see your finished rat necklace?



Accidently posted it in the space to post things that don't go in any other topic thread. oops
here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155&p=88510#p88510

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:13 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 pm
Posts: 311
Location: jersey
booberthefraggle wrote:
sunshower wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
Its over for me!! good luck guys!


can we see your finished rat necklace?



Accidently posted it in the space to post things that don't go in any other topic thread. oops
here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155&p=88510#p88510


awesome!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 am 
Offline
Hearts James Cromwell
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:15 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Tempe,AZ
No all nighter yet..., but I have a 10-12 page historical research paper on Charlotte Corday, a 6 page paper for my environmental history class, two finals and 5 chapters of latin homework due by this weekend... I'll probably be needing lots of caffeine come Sunday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:25 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7255
Location: Portland, OR
My first all nighter! Well, , 2:30 isn't really an all nighter but I never stay up this late!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:13 am 
Offline
Human Gravy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 631
Location: DC Metro
I have a paper due next Wednesday, and while I know it would benefit me to work on it now instead of wasting time on the PPK I just don't see the point. I already wrote 2 pages and I could just crank out the other 13 within two days, but I feel like it will be so much more interesting right before the deadline.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 538
Location: PDX
The big paper I've been pulling my hair out is finally done and turned in, which means I can turn around and work on the other big one....due tomorrow night. And I work all day tomorrow.

I'm hoping against hope that it's a slow day where I can write snippets I don't finish tonight.

Hope all is well, fellow students!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:45 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
I was stupid and drank coffee tonight and then realized I really want to go to sleep relatively early and get up early to go to the library when it opens. That definitely backfired, it's almost 1 AM and I'm still wide awake!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 pm 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 240
Location: B-more
VeganMeredith wrote:
I was stupid and drank coffee tonight and then realized I really want to go to sleep relatively early and get up early to go to the library when it opens. That definitely backfired, it's almost 1 AM and I'm still wide awake!

HEY GURL.
Welcome to the unintentionally wired club! Tomorrow's not going to be fun, ugh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
I was stupid and drank coffee tonight and then realized I really want to go to sleep relatively early and get up early to go to the library when it opens. That definitely backfired, it's almost 1 AM and I'm still wide awake!

HEY GURL.
Welcome to the unintentionally wired club! Tomorrow's not going to be fun, ugh.


Urgh, yay for spending all of tomorrow at the library after an inadequate night's sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:00 am 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 240
Location: B-more
VeganMeredith wrote:
AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
I was stupid and drank coffee tonight and then realized I really want to go to sleep relatively early and get up early to go to the library when it opens. That definitely backfired, it's almost 1 AM and I'm still wide awake!

HEY GURL.
Welcome to the unintentionally wired club! Tomorrow's not going to be fun, ugh.


Urgh, yay for spending all of tomorrow at the library after an inadequate night's sleep.

I got tomorrow morning with my books, a final, and then locked away in the library once again. They should just install some showers there and I'd bring my sleeping bag.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:01 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
AshleyUndone wrote:
HEY GURL.
Welcome to the unintentionally wired club! Tomorrow's not going to be fun, ugh.


Urgh, yay for spending all of tomorrow at the library after an inadequate night's sleep.

I got tomorrow morning with my books, a final, and then locked away in the library once again. They should just install some showers there and I'd bring my sleeping bag.


I know, they should just rent out bunks at the library during exams. I basically live there anyways.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:03 am 
Offline
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
I don't know how I'm gonna be alive at work tomorrow. I have to write two short essays tonight and will likely not have time to sleep. I'm afraid of an afternoon nap turning into me sleeping through my evening shift. :\ Also have an exam on Thursday that I must somehow find time to study for. Life is exhausting right now. All my assignments are late except one and I'm just plain unhappy :(:( *overdramatic animé cry* </rant>


...but my Amazon christmas list is nice and filled up! I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.

_________________
"I just can't do white denim. It's like a letter to YM waiting to happen." —Diablo Cody


Last edited by tealattes_arethebomb on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:04 am 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 240
Location: B-more
VeganMeredith wrote:
I know, they should just rent out bunks at the library during exams. I basically live there anyways.

You'd probably have to reserve them months in advanced. It'd be a hot commodity!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am
Posts: 4221
Location: Halifax, NS
tealattes_arethebomb wrote:
I don't know how I'm gonna be alive at work tomorrow. I have to write two short essays tonight and will likely not have time to sleep. I'm afraid of an afternoon nap turning into me sleeping through my evening shift. :\ Life is exhausting right now. All my assignments are late except one and I'm just plain unhappy :(:( *overdramatic animé cry*

...but my Amazon christmas list is nice and filled up! I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.


I know the feeling, one of the only things getting me through finals is the thought of all the delicious holiday food I'm going to make once they're over!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:07 am 
Offline
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
I know, they should just rent out bunks at the library during exams. I basically live there anyways.

You'd probably have to reserve them months in advanced. It'd be a hot commodity!


My friend and I were discussing starting a business about this! (also, it seems like most students would have this idea too..) but universities and colleges should basically have pay sleeping booths. Like residence, but for people who aren't in residence who just need an afternoon nap. But there'd be a problem with the cleaning and stuff I guess. It would essentially be an on-campus motel.

_________________
"I just can't do white denim. It's like a letter to YM waiting to happen." —Diablo Cody


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am 
Offline
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 1262
Location: Tijuana
This is why I stayed away from the PPK for almost a month (I don't think anyone noticed, haha).
I'm almost sure that I have a caffeine sensitivity, so, I wasn't able to remain awake and fell asleep several times while trying to do my final homeworks.

Gahh, procrastinating sucks. I failed a class because I dropped out of it to finish my other final assignments. It was a kind of stupid thing to do, but at least I got good grades in those classes : D

Good luck everyone!

_________________
"I love you, but you need to get out of the kitchen before I spatula your face." -Pinko
"You can always trade sex for cookies. It might make you feel dirty, but just keep your eyes closed and think of vanilla." -Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 pm
Posts: 240
Location: B-more
tealattes_arethebomb wrote:
I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.

I can't wait to cook again. I was a bad girl and sauteed some veggies with rice. That felt fancy. Something beyond a sandwich or veggies with hummus!
Lots of huggles for you my dear and Meredith. Tomorrow will come, but so will the day after that... and somewhere in the distant future, Christmas Break!!
I think I'm seriously going to shut down my computer now. It needs to happen. *fake sob*


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ijustdiedinside, kfad, Pi_Face and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer