| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: All nighters/stressed procrastinating students
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:57 am 
Dildo Queen

should be studying for women's studies, but i was just reading about karla and paul for a bit. they were mentioned in my repotext so i decided to do some (vegan) hunting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Only 5 hours left to finish my paper! I can do it. I'm just uncomfortable. It's that weird feeling when you should you should be sleeping but you're not that tired. Also, I want to have a shower but I feel like I shouldn't move away from the laptop or else I'll miss those bouts of writing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I need to stop PPKing and study! I've given up Facebook for exams, if only I could do the same with the PPK.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

cstadt wrote:
Only 5 hours left to finish my paper! I can do it. I'm just uncomfortable. It's that weird feeling when you should you should be sleeping but you're not that tired. Also, I want to have a shower but I feel like I shouldn't move away from the laptop or else I'll miss those bouts of writing.

Lots of times I need a shower so I can take a break and recenter myself if I'm losing focus.

Although also, it is easy to just keep going once you started as opposed to stopping and then having to start back up again.

VeganMeredith wrote:
I need to stop PPKing and study! I've given up Facebook for exams, if only I could do the same with the PPK.

It is not unheard of for PPKers to PM a mod asking to be banned for a week or so around this time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just really need to rant about a group project we've had for 3 weeks and no one ended up doing any of the work we needed other than coming up with the idea. So it's due today, and I just realized nothing was done and had to whip up a powerpoint presentation and now come up with 10 sources for a bibliography... for an idea that I didn't even come up with, and doesn't pertain to me in the least.

Why do I feel like I'm mothering everyone in my group?? They're just getting around to doing their individual outlines and stuff, and keep asking ME what they need to have done and how to do it. Sorry kids, I'm already doing all the group work for you but I'm not going to do your individual work too because that has no effect on my grade so you're SOL.

/rant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm 

Louzilla wrote:
cstadt wrote:

Lots of times I need a shower so I can take a break and recenter myself if I'm losing focus.

Although also, it is easy to just keep going once you started as opposed to stopping and then having to start back up again.

VeganMeredith wrote:

It is not unheard of for PPKers to PM a mod asking to be banned for a week or so around this time.

Hmmm, I'd never thought of that, I think I'll do that!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I only have 2 more essays to write! I'm setting a goal of 3pm for them to be finished.
So I can go over to my school and pick up my rat necklace from my professor at the same time that I drop off these essays. sound good?

Okay, now I have to go do it.

Do iiittt.

these are really easy, but really boring essays. Its pretty much just spitting back what he told us in lectures.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

and i'm done. 2:30. I'm awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

sunshower wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
Its over for me!! good luck guys!

can we see your finished rat necklace?

Accidently posted it in the space to post things that don't go in any other topic thread. oops
here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155&p=88510#p88510

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:13 pm 
Saggy Butt

booberthefraggle wrote:
sunshower wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
Its over for me!! good luck guys!

can we see your finished rat necklace?

Accidently posted it in the space to post things that don't go in any other topic thread. oops
here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155&p=88510#p88510

awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

No all nighter yet..., but I have a 10-12 page historical research paper on Charlotte Corday, a 6 page paper for my environmental history class, two finals and 5 chapters of latin homework due by this weekend... I'll probably be needing lots of caffeine come Sunday

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:25 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My first all nighter! Well, , 2:30 isn't really an all nighter but I never stay up this late!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:13 am 
Human Gravy

I have a paper due next Wednesday, and while I know it would benefit me to work on it now instead of wasting time on the PPK I just don't see the point. I already wrote 2 pages and I could just crank out the other 13 within two days, but I feel like it will be so much more interesting right before the deadline.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 pm 
Nailed to the V

The big paper I've been pulling my hair out is finally done and turned in, which means I can turn around and work on the other big one....due tomorrow night. And I work all day tomorrow.

I'm hoping against hope that it's a slow day where I can write snippets I don't finish tonight.

Hope all is well, fellow students!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:45 pm 

I was stupid and drank coffee tonight and then realized I really want to go to sleep relatively early and get up early to go to the library when it opens. That definitely backfired, it's almost 1 AM and I'm still wide awake!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

VeganMeredith wrote:
I was stupid and drank coffee tonight and then realized I really want to go to sleep relatively early and get up early to go to the library when it opens. That definitely backfired, it's almost 1 AM and I'm still wide awake!

HEY GURL.
Welcome to the unintentionally wired club! Tomorrow's not going to be fun, ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 pm 

AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:

HEY GURL.

Urgh, yay for spending all of tomorrow at the library after an inadequate night's sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:00 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

VeganMeredith wrote:
AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:

HEY GURL.

Urgh, yay for spending all of tomorrow at the library after an inadequate night's sleep.

I got tomorrow morning with my books, a final, and then locked away in the library once again. They should just install some showers there and I'd bring my sleeping bag.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:01 am 

AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
AshleyUndone wrote:
HEY GURL.

I got tomorrow morning with my books, a final, and then locked away in the library once again. They should just install some showers there and I'd bring my sleeping bag.

I know, they should just rent out bunks at the library during exams. I basically live there anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:03 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I don't know how I'm gonna be alive at work tomorrow. I have to write two short essays tonight and will likely not have time to sleep. I'm afraid of an afternoon nap turning into me sleeping through my evening shift. :\ Also have an exam on Thursday that I must somehow find time to study for. Life is exhausting right now. All my assignments are late except one and I'm just plain unhappy :(:( *overdramatic animé cry* </rant>

...but my Amazon christmas list is nice and filled up! I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.

Last edited by tealattes_arethebomb on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:04 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

VeganMeredith wrote:
I know, they should just rent out bunks at the library during exams. I basically live there anyways.

You'd probably have to reserve them months in advanced. It'd be a hot commodity!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 am 

tealattes_arethebomb wrote:
I don't know how I'm gonna be alive at work tomorrow. I have to write two short essays tonight and will likely not have time to sleep. I'm afraid of an afternoon nap turning into me sleeping through my evening shift. :\ Life is exhausting right now. All my assignments are late except one and I'm just plain unhappy :(:( *overdramatic animé cry*

...but my Amazon christmas list is nice and filled up! I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.

I know the feeling, one of the only things getting me through finals is the thought of all the delicious holiday food I'm going to make once they're over!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:07 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

AshleyUndone wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:

You'd probably have to reserve them months in advanced. It'd be a hot commodity!

My friend and I were discussing starting a business about this! (also, it seems like most students would have this idea too..) but universities and colleges should basically have pay sleeping booths. Like residence, but for people who aren't in residence who just need an afternoon nap. But there'd be a problem with the cleaning and stuff I guess. It would essentially be an on-campus motel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

This is why I stayed away from the PPK for almost a month (I don't think anyone noticed, haha).
I'm almost sure that I have a caffeine sensitivity, so, I wasn't able to remain awake and fell asleep several times while trying to do my final homeworks.

Gahh, procrastinating sucks. I failed a class because I dropped out of it to finish my other final assignments. It was a kind of stupid thing to do, but at least I got good grades in those classes : D

Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

tealattes_arethebomb wrote:
I can't wait until this is over so I can get cooking and baking again. I can't even TOUCH VWAV or V-con until this is all done with.

I can't wait to cook again. I was a bad girl and sauteed some veggies with rice. That felt fancy. Something beyond a sandwich or veggies with hummus!
Lots of huggles for you my dear and Meredith. Tomorrow will come, but so will the day after that... and somewhere in the distant future, Christmas Break!!
I think I'm seriously going to shut down my computer now. It needs to happen. *fake sob*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next