| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That sounds craptacular AP. I'm sorry you have to deal with a crappy work situation.

Sometimes music gives me all of the feels.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:56 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm having a case of the major feels again today. There just feels like so much in my life right now. And the world. And most of that stuff is good stuff! But so much loveliness can give me as much heartache as badness. I watched Beyoncé's VMA awards performance today and cried! I don't even have any particularly fond feeling towards her music! I never listen to it! But she just seems so talented, and so full of passion. Watching someone who really knows what they're doing, doing their shiitake... damn. That's powerful. And I'm so thankful for all these crazy opportunities I've had lately to perform and feel my own passion. But I'm also so scared by it. I'm racked with fear sometimes about it. But I love it. So much! It's so ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:04 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Mars wrote:
I watched Beyoncé's VMA awards performance today and cried! I don't even have any particularly fond feeling towards her music! I never listen to it!

Uh-oh....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:41 pm 

Oh man! Haha. That's amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:35 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Just got back from a trip with a new sweetheart. Everything was beyond awesome. Such good communication around stuff that can be hard. So much fun, so much laughter, so much sexytime. But I don't know when we'll see each other again - it will likely be a few months. So leaving was heartbreaking. Like, we cried and cried. But I am happy to be home with my primary partner, who I love to pieces. And I am happy to see my friends. And grateful for my good job, with excellent coworkers. I am stressed out about a conversation I have to have with my mom, who has been crazy during every serious conversation we've had in the past two years.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:29 pm 

feeeelings.

feels.

all the feels.

buhhhh.

(nothing new to report or anything. Just feels)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:41 pm 
And you never will.

Some things happened and some things were said last night at the get-together I had at my house for my brother's birthday, and I'm pretty far from being okay with any of it. I have lots of feelings right now and they're making me cry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:46 am 
Impressive boner

I'm full of conflicting feelings. I've had such a lot of big highs lately and now nothing is going to happen for weeks and weeks so I'm having withdrawal from all the positives that happened throughout the earlier part of 2014. Ugh, such high highs and such low lows.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh no PB. That sounds miserable. I'm so sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:45 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm feeling super productive and positive today, which is pretty great after first week of school. I've managed to both catch up on my sleep and hang out with a bunch of different friends, clean my apartment a little, sort through a bunch of stuff that have been annoying me for the last month (post interior project mess) and now I'm sorting through 600 photos from the past week of field work before my school group is arriving for a 3 hour session.

This is such a big contrast to how I've felt in the past week - it's been wonderful being back in school, but it's SUCH a big contrast to the past 2,5 months of vacation, and I've felt irritable and completely fatigued when I've come home.

Yay for feeling better!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:46 am 
Semen Strong

Oh Poopie, I am so sorry! I know you went to a lot of trouble for the party, at a time when you're very busy, and I am so sorry it didn't go well. You are such a lovely person and people should be nice to you!!!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:50 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
Oh Poopie, I am so sorry! I know you went to a lot of trouble for the party, at a time when you're very busy, and I am so sorry it didn't go well. You are such a lovely person and people should be nice to you!!!

Agreed!

Smoothie, that sounds awesome! I hope this next week goes a bit better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:23 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

A few weeks ago, the local vegan grocery store put a sign on their door saying that there'd been a death in the management and the store would be closed until... further notice? My German's not good, so I wasn't sure what the phrase implied.

I've been shopping there for a year and only ever saw three employees, all young. I'm worried for them now, and worried for the business that's been such a tremendous help to local vegans.

Feels.

blog: Jaunty Dame

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:19 am 
And you never will.

Thanks so much you guys. No one was particularly mean to me, but one of my sisters and my brother got drunk and things went kind of downhill from there. For starters, neither of my sisters brought ANYTHING for my brother (not even a birthday card). They just showed up and ate my food and drank my booze and said a half-hearted "happy birthday" to our bro.

Then my oldest sister got drunk and used a homophobic slur in my home without having any idea that both my brother and I are queer. Then she passed out and my brother had an alcohol-induced breakdown of sorts, where a lot of his self-hatred came out, and he said a lot of things in front of our other sister that I don't think he wanted her to hear (she has a very close relationship with our mom so it's 100% guaranteed that she will relay everything that's said straight back to her). I calmed my brother down and he seemed okay, he stayed overnight and we talked for a while after our sisters left.

A couple of other things that I can't even get into happened too, and it was just so emotionally draining and horrible for me and I'm still processing it. Ugh. Feelings, man.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:10 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh poopie, I am so sorry. Hugs.

I processed a bunch of job related feelings and woke up feeling...weird to say the least. I just have to remember that I only have technically two weeks from tomorrow.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 pm 

Wilson's bike and my bike were both stolen out of my landlord's garage. I'm feeling really bummed. I'm also having one of those days in which I think that people think that I am not very bright, and it makes me feel pretty rotten.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:22 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ndpittman wrote:
Wilson's bike and my bike were both stolen out of my landlord's garage. I'm feeling really bummed. I'm also having one of those days in which I think that people think that I am not very bright, and it makes me feel pretty rotten.

Hey, stop talking about my bright, beautiful, and hilarious friend ndpittman like that! <3

Bike thieves are the worst. I'm so sorry. My bike was stolen from my apartment's storage when it was in a locked container and locked to the inside of the container. People are jerks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 am 

Thank you, vijita! That gave me the happy feels! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Happy feels for all!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 am 
Semen Strong

(((Hugs NPittman!)))) It feels so violating to have something stolen from you! I hope they find the stolen bikes and the bike theives and that your landlord has insurance and you and Wilson can get new ones.

So sorry that happened to you! Also, you're supersmart and funny <3

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:11 am 

Thanks Tofulish! Yeah, regarding the bikes, it wasn't the actual bikes getting stolen (which sucks), but it was the fact that someone went all the way back there and was routing around that made it feel weird. I didn't ask the landlord, but I checked with my renter's insurance, and my deductible is $500. The bikes both together may have been worth $125, so that's a no go. I don't use it for primary transport or anything, so I don't really need a bike per se. I think I'm going to shop around and try to find something that suits me, but I'm not in a dire rush or anything. And Wilson had never even ridden his bike I don't think (my dad brought it up for him). So it's a non-issue for Wilson as well for the most part.

And thanks for the perspective, vijita. Also, that really, really sucks. A friend at work reminded me not to blame myself (I could have had them chained up in the garage) because the fact of the matter is people shouldn't steal things. Not very realistic though. If/when I get a new bike it'll be one that I can carry upstairs to my apartment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:22 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Know what is a really sucky feeeeeling? Anxiety. Especially when it comes out of nowhere.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:41 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Ended a toxic friendship and feeling super sad/upset about it. It was definitely toxic and was definitely the thing to do, but my mind keeps dwelling on the good parts & now my eyeballs hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:10 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I go back to work tomorrow after two weeks off and I am just not prepared for the shiitake storm that will be tomorrow- all the clean up, catch up, and meetings full of complaints....ugh. It'll be draining.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:26 pm 

Tried to cure my case of THE FEELS by buying myself a crushed black velvet spandex body suit. Though it is indeed awesome, my feels are still feelsing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I'm sorry, Mars! I also went on a shopping spree today to assuage my feels.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next