| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I post sad statuses on facebook because I find it easier posting into a void that like actually speaking to someone properly. In fact I'm more likely to post on facebook about something sad than something happy because when I'm happy I'm having too much fun to bother with facebook.

Onto the feeeeeelings part... I have my MSc dissertation deadline coming up and a presentation in 2 days and I feel so anxious about it that I can't breathe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:44 pm 
And you never will.

I use Facebook to talk about Doctor Who with Tofulish. That's seriously probably like 80% of it. The other 20% is bad puns and food pictures, and turning innocent posts into something dirty (but that's mostly Vantine).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

pandacookie wrote:
JillW wrote:
I will go so far as to say the only reason for FB to exist is for people to brag about their cool things; it is always possible to make things look better than reality.

That may be the case for your experience with facebookery but there are plenty of people who use it to stay in touch with friends and who post and find support for good and bad times.

I guess I am living in a world of brag n promote, ha.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 pm 
Semen Strong

poopiebitch wrote:
I use Facebook to talk about Doctor Who with Tofulish. That's seriously probably like 80% of it. The other 20% is bad puns and food pictures, and turning innocent posts into something dirty (but that's mostly Vantine).

This is the sweetest post <3 I love you PB. I haz soft, cakey wakey, wibbley, wobbly feelings now. I want to go out with you for texting and scones.

Allons-y Alonzo!

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:04 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

poopiebitch wrote:

My not-really friend accused me of having a stupid FB because I only post silly things and cat stuff. What the hell? Since when is there a code of ethics for FB? I don't give a shiitake what people post as long as it's inoffensive and not 80 straight photos of babies drooling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:12 pm 
Semen Strong

vijita wrote:
I don't give a shiitake what people post as long as it's inoffensive and not 80 straight photos of babies drooling.

I AM SO TEMPTED TO DO THIS RIGHT NOW. And I will tag you in all of them :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:58 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

vijita wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

My not-really friend accused me of having a stupid FB because I only post silly things and cat stuff. What the hell? Since when is there a code of ethics for FB? I don't give a shiitake what people post as long as it's inoffensive and not 80 straight photos of babies drooling.

I'm going to send you a friend request and accept this challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

My criteria for FB is that people's posts educate, enlighten, interest, and/or amuse me. This can include anything from politics to recipes to articles to film reviews to baby pictures to archeological discoveries to cat videos and any number of things in between. But if someone's posts regularly offend, annoy, upset, or otherwise Do Not Please Me, they're for the chop (or at least the hide).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hide and/or unfriend preachy religious people, right-wingers, and people who post about potty training/vomit/other nasty baby stuff. Funnily enough, these categories often overlap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 pm 

I have so many feelings. I've had a lot of feelings for a long time but they've intensified in the last couple of weeks. I just finished grad school after postponing my final internship for the summer, and I've had complicated feelings about both finishing and the program in general and I just feel more lost than when I started. I've been living alone for the last two years and now I'm back at home with my parents. Having my dog around really helps, but still. I'm just so frustrated with myself and scared about so many things and I just want someone to hold me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 am 
Impressive boner

I have feelings of being wronged at the moment. Someone who I thought was a friend is acting in a way that I feel I've been used as a stepping stone. I won't see them to talk about it for a few weeks as they'll be out of the country and I don't want to have a virtual conversation with them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So so many feelings right now about a variety of things. Why does it seem like people go out of there way to make you feel bad? And why do I feel like anytime I type or say something I'm going to get bashed for it?

I hate the feels.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm 

Quail wrote:
I post sad statuses on facebook because I find it easier posting into a void that like actually speaking to someone properly. In fact I'm more likely to post on facebook about something sad than something happy because when I'm happy I'm having too much fun to bother with facebook.

Onto the feeeeeelings part... I have my MSc dissertation deadline coming up and a presentation in 2 days and I feel so anxious about it that I can't breathe.

I feel like that's fairly normal? I haven't done any research on it, but it seems logical that despite the relative permanence of writing vs speaking there would be a buffer there. It would feel less like you're telling a concrete individual person and more like writing in a journal or something. I certainly find it easier to read emotional things, good or bad, than to hear them.

Good luck on your dissertation!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GraciaKai wrote:
...why do I feel like anytime I type or say something I'm going to get bashed for it?

I've been feeling like this for a while. I've typed so many posts or responses to other people's blogs or facebook comments, only to delete them again.

It sucks to feel like I don't have anything to say that hasn't been said better by a million other people, or that I haven't got the energy to deal with the repercussions of posting anything controversial.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That! Plus I've just stopped sharing anything at all for fear of how it will be perceived. I've never been much for social media, it's cool sometimes. But I constantly feel like no matter what I post someone will for sure hate me for it. So I just keep silent. I'm becoming an internet hermit.

I also recently told someone I had really exciting news in which they replied "Well if you are happy and excited than I am too!". But then they turned around gave me a wrath of shot when they actually heard what the news was. And in the process they left me feeling totally crappy about myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

GraciaKai wrote:
I also recently told someone I had really exciting news in which they replied "Well if you are happy and excited than I am too!". But then they turned around gave me a wrath of shot when they actually heard what the news was. And in the process they left me feeling totally crappy about myself.

Wow, that's super shitty of that person and I'm sorry that happened to you. Did they not actually hear themselves say the first part? What a grade-A wanker.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks. :o(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:48 pm 
Semen Strong

Sorry that happened to you GK! I'd say that tone gets lost so easily on the internet. And people can be so quick to respond in the heat of their feelings, where if you were face to face or something, they'd be more circumspect and kind.

Congratulations on your good news!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My dad... he has a mushy side that brought out my mushy side. Usually we both hide it well. But we need a processional song for the wedding and I asked for his ideas, I expected the Imperial March from him. I didn't expect Arthur's Theme, Close to You, or Here Comes the Sun. I might have teared up listening to the songs (I know them all, but didn't know them from their titles so I had to listen to them all).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I LOVE Here Comes The Sun! They're all good choices, but I think that one would be absolutely perfect for a wedding processional.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:32 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mushy feels!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:34 am 
Flounceiad 2011

dropscone wrote:
I LOVE Here Comes The Sun! They're all good choices, but I think that one would be absolutely perfect for a wedding processional.
That's actually one of the songs I want played at my funeral. Blackbird at the beginning, Here Comes the Sun at the end, a Wesleyan hymn or two, and a whole bunch of - mostly jolly - Elizabethan broken consort music in between. (I started thinking about this years ago, because I'd already been to so many crappy funerals that reflected nothing about the dead person at all. I fully expect to live to at least 100, but it's nice to have these things made clear!)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Desdemona wrote:
dropscone wrote:
That's actually one of the songs I want played at my funeral. Blackbird at the beginning, Here Comes the Sun at the end, a Wesleyan hymn or two, and a whole bunch of - mostly jolly - Elizabethan broken consort music in between. (I started thinking about this years ago, because I'd already been to so many crappy funerals that reflected nothing about the dead person at all. I fully expect to live to at least 100, but it's nice to have these things made clear!)

That sounds good. If I have to be at a funeral I like to know the music is what the person chose or would at least really appreciate.

I'm having Sisqo's Thong Song and Shaddap You Face by Joe Dolce at mine.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

dropscone wrote:

I'm having Sisqo's Thong Song and Shaddap You Face by Joe Dolce at mine.

Ha! <3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:58 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

I don't want a funeral. I don't even want to think about it. I'll be donating my body to science, but not for a good long while, I hope.

My feelings are about officially going of Tamoxifen. I was on it for nearly 4 years, but was supposed to be on it for 5, and then, on year 3 the protocol changed to 10 years. The side effects became unmanageable.

Anyway, I met with my oncologist's nurse practitioner (I see her every year and I see my onc every year, so I see either of them every 6 months) and told her I was done with Tx. She emphasized that the choice was mine but I could tell she was disappointed, which makes me second guess my decision.

I have to live with it. If I get a recurrance, will I blame myself? I just feel so shitty about it right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next