| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:09 pm
Posts: 459
I post sad statuses on facebook because I find it easier posting into a void that like actually speaking to someone properly. In fact I'm more likely to post on facebook about something sad than something happy because when I'm happy I'm having too much fun to bother with facebook.

Onto the feeeeeelings part... I have my MSc dissertation deadline coming up and a presentation in 2 days and I feel so anxious about it that I can't breathe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:44 pm 
Offline
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 5369
Location: Memphis
I use Facebook to talk about Doctor Who with Tofulish. That's seriously probably like 80% of it. The other 20% is bad puns and food pictures, and turning innocent posts into something dirty (but that's mostly Vantine).

_________________
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars
I don't need to see your orgasm faces. - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:06 pm
Posts: 852
pandacookie wrote:
JillW wrote:
I will go so far as to say the only reason for FB to exist is for people to brag about their cool things; it is always possible to make things look better than reality.

That may be the case for your experience with facebookery but there are plenty of people who use it to stay in touch with friends and who post and find support for good and bad times.


I guess I am living in a world of brag n promote, ha.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 22108
Location: Cliffbar NJ
poopiebitch wrote:
I use Facebook to talk about Doctor Who with Tofulish. That's seriously probably like 80% of it. The other 20% is bad puns and food pictures, and turning innocent posts into something dirty (but that's mostly Vantine).


This is the sweetest post <3 I love you PB. I haz soft, cakey wakey, wibbley, wobbly feelings now. I want to go out with you for texting and scones.

Allons-y Alonzo!

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:04 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 11607
poopiebitch wrote:
I use Facebook to talk about Doctor Who with Tofulish. That's seriously probably like 80% of it. The other 20% is bad puns and food pictures, and turning innocent posts into something dirty (but that's mostly Vantine).

My not-really friend accused me of having a stupid FB because I only post silly things and cat stuff. What the hell? Since when is there a code of ethics for FB? I don't give a shiitake what people post as long as it's inoffensive and not 80 straight photos of babies drooling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:12 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 22108
Location: Cliffbar NJ
vijita wrote:
I don't give a shiitake what people post as long as it's inoffensive and not 80 straight photos of babies drooling.


I AM SO TEMPTED TO DO THIS RIGHT NOW. And I will tag you in all of them :)

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 6840
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
vijita wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
I use Facebook to talk about Doctor Who with Tofulish. That's seriously probably like 80% of it. The other 20% is bad puns and food pictures, and turning innocent posts into something dirty (but that's mostly Vantine).

My not-really friend accused me of having a stupid FB because I only post silly things and cat stuff. What the hell? Since when is there a code of ethics for FB? I don't give a shiitake what people post as long as it's inoffensive and not 80 straight photos of babies drooling.


I'm going to send you a friend request and accept this challenge.

_________________
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus
I got your blood sausage right here, baby. - Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 pm 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: A New England
My criteria for FB is that people's posts educate, enlighten, interest, and/or amuse me. This can include anything from politics to recipes to articles to film reviews to baby pictures to archeological discoveries to cat videos and any number of things in between. But if someone's posts regularly offend, annoy, upset, or otherwise Do Not Please Me, they're for the chop (or at least the hide).

_________________
So he put Shakespeare in Love on, which is a movie I used to like but now all I think about are steamed vaginas... ~ linanil
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com
http://earlymoderntimes.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:56 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3207
Location: Sacramento
I hide and/or unfriend preachy religious people, right-wingers, and people who post about potty training/vomit/other nasty baby stuff. Funnily enough, these categories often overlap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:32 pm
Posts: 441
Location: NY
I have so many feelings. I've had a lot of feelings for a long time but they've intensified in the last couple of weeks. I just finished grad school after postponing my final internship for the summer, and I've had complicated feelings about both finishing and the program in general and I just feel more lost than when I started. I've been living alone for the last two years and now I'm back at home with my parents. Having my dog around really helps, but still. I'm just so frustrated with myself and scared about so many things and I just want someone to hold me.

_________________
When people ask about my plans for after graduation: "PhD in knitting blanket forts, bisque!" -Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 am 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4539
Location: Nottingham.
I have feelings of being wronged at the moment. Someone who I thought was a friend is acting in a way that I feel I've been used as a stepping stone. I won't see them to talk about it for a few weeks as they'll be out of the country and I don't want to have a virtual conversation with them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3942
Location: Portland, OR
So so many feelings right now about a variety of things. Why does it seem like people go out of there way to make you feel bad? And why do I feel like anytime I type or say something I'm going to get bashed for it?

I hate the feels.

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 450
Location: San Diego
Quail wrote:
I post sad statuses on facebook because I find it easier posting into a void that like actually speaking to someone properly. In fact I'm more likely to post on facebook about something sad than something happy because when I'm happy I'm having too much fun to bother with facebook.

Onto the feeeeeelings part... I have my MSc dissertation deadline coming up and a presentation in 2 days and I feel so anxious about it that I can't breathe.



I feel like that's fairly normal? I haven't done any research on it, but it seems logical that despite the relative permanence of writing vs speaking there would be a buffer there. It would feel less like you're telling a concrete individual person and more like writing in a journal or something. I certainly find it easier to read emotional things, good or bad, than to hear them.

Good luck on your dissertation!

_________________
"this thread needs some Robyn" - smoothie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: in the middle
GraciaKai wrote:
...why do I feel like anytime I type or say something I'm going to get bashed for it?

...


I've been feeling like this for a while. I've typed so many posts or responses to other people's blogs or facebook comments, only to delete them again.

It sucks to feel like I don't have anything to say that hasn't been said better by a million other people, or that I haven't got the energy to deal with the repercussions of posting anything controversial.

_________________
Sweet talkin' pie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:46 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3942
Location: Portland, OR
That! Plus I've just stopped sharing anything at all for fear of how it will be perceived. I've never been much for social media, it's cool sometimes. But I constantly feel like no matter what I post someone will for sure hate me for it. So I just keep silent. I'm becoming an internet hermit.

I also recently told someone I had really exciting news in which they replied "Well if you are happy and excited than I am too!". But then they turned around gave me a wrath of shot when they actually heard what the news was. And in the process they left me feeling totally crappy about myself.

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm
Posts: 321
GraciaKai wrote:
I also recently told someone I had really exciting news in which they replied "Well if you are happy and excited than I am too!". But then they turned around gave me a wrath of shot when they actually heard what the news was. And in the process they left me feeling totally crappy about myself.

Wow, that's super shitty of that person and I'm sorry that happened to you. Did they not actually hear themselves say the first part? What a grade-A wanker.

_________________
She eats a paleo diet, just like the whiskey-and-bacon-eating australopithecans before her. - annak


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3942
Location: Portland, OR
Thanks. :o(

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:48 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 22108
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Sorry that happened to you GK! I'd say that tone gets lost so easily on the internet. And people can be so quick to respond in the heat of their feelings, where if you were face to face or something, they'd be more circumspect and kind.

Congratulations on your good news!!!!

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:56 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:44 pm
Posts: 1462
Location: Boston, MA
My dad... he has a mushy side that brought out my mushy side. Usually we both hide it well. But we need a processional song for the wedding and I asked for his ideas, I expected the Imperial March from him. I didn't expect Arthur's Theme, Close to You, or Here Comes the Sun. I might have teared up listening to the songs (I know them all, but didn't know them from their titles so I had to listen to them all).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:17 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: in the middle
I LOVE Here Comes The Sun! They're all good choices, but I think that one would be absolutely perfect for a wedding processional.

_________________
Sweet talkin' pie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:32 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3942
Location: Portland, OR
Mushy feels!

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:34 am 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: A New England
dropscone wrote:
I LOVE Here Comes The Sun! They're all good choices, but I think that one would be absolutely perfect for a wedding processional.
That's actually one of the songs I want played at my funeral. Blackbird at the beginning, Here Comes the Sun at the end, a Wesleyan hymn or two, and a whole bunch of - mostly jolly - Elizabethan broken consort music in between. (I started thinking about this years ago, because I'd already been to so many crappy funerals that reflected nothing about the dead person at all. I fully expect to live to at least 100, but it's nice to have these things made clear!)

_________________
So he put Shakespeare in Love on, which is a movie I used to like but now all I think about are steamed vaginas... ~ linanil
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com
http://earlymoderntimes.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:34 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: in the middle
Desdemona wrote:
dropscone wrote:
I LOVE Here Comes The Sun! They're all good choices, but I think that one would be absolutely perfect for a wedding processional.
That's actually one of the songs I want played at my funeral. Blackbird at the beginning, Here Comes the Sun at the end, a Wesleyan hymn or two, and a whole bunch of - mostly jolly - Elizabethan broken consort music in between. (I started thinking about this years ago, because I'd already been to so many crappy funerals that reflected nothing about the dead person at all. I fully expect to live to at least 100, but it's nice to have these things made clear!)

That sounds good. If I have to be at a funeral I like to know the music is what the person chose or would at least really appreciate.

I'm having Sisqo's Thong Song and Shaddap You Face by Joe Dolce at mine.

_________________
Sweet talkin' pie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 5:31 pm
Posts: 1057
Location: canada
dropscone wrote:

I'm having Sisqo's Thong Song and Shaddap You Face by Joe Dolce at mine.


Ha! <3

_________________
Usually I ignore comments because they make me want to curl up and ignore everything forever.... - jennyg2207


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:58 pm 
Offline
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 1726
I don't want a funeral. I don't even want to think about it. I'll be donating my body to science, but not for a good long while, I hope.

My feelings are about officially going of Tamoxifen. I was on it for nearly 4 years, but was supposed to be on it for 5, and then, on year 3 the protocol changed to 10 years. The side effects became unmanageable.

Anyway, I met with my oncologist's nurse practitioner (I see her every year and I see my onc every year, so I see either of them every 6 months) and told her I was done with Tx. She emphasized that the choice was mine but I could tell she was disappointed, which makes me second guess my decision.

I have to live with it. If I get a recurrance, will I blame myself? I just feel so shitty about it right now.

_________________
Your Daily Simon+bonus Daniel! (Usually)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer