| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: PPK is dead. Long live PPK.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

vixki wrote:
Can I start a petition to redo 2016? I can't even count the number of shitty things that have happened this year and the PPK not being there to complain about them is a huge one :(

This.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

B_A_D wrote:
There is no election night thread... guess this really is the end.

This truly was a crappy year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:53 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

vixki wrote:
Can I start a petition to redo 2016? I can't even count the number of shitty things that have happened this year and the PPK not being there to complain about them is a huge one :(

My sentiments exactly. 2016 has been so depressing.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:47 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Totally.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yep

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

There are white folks all over social media blaming Obama for Trump and racism. What the actual fork. I dunno if I can internet today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

B_A_D wrote:
There are white folks all over social media blaming Obama for Trump and racism. What the actual fork. I dunno if I can internet today.

My Twitter feed has almost no Trump supporters but last night I unfollowed one and I may need to unfollow one or two more.

However, my 85-year-old mother-in-law voted for him in the primary (I don't know how she voted yesterday but I'm so thankful her state gave its electoral votes to Hillary). We're supposed to visit her for Thanksgiving and I don't know if I can be polite when we do.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:07 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

vixki wrote:

I'm signing this petition a thousand times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:24 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
vixki wrote:

I'm signing this petition a thousand times.

yup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:55 am 
Ninja Master

Me too! 2016 has been utter shiitake!

Food & beauty blog: http://alienontoast.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/alienontoast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZl0Q3szfT7TXQOkVCYypA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:39 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I've only ever met one Trump supporter in my life and she is a closeted Trump supporter (the worst kind really) so it was surreal and brutal to see that they are ALL OVER.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:51 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I've just read all the pages of this thread.
So sad to see the boards go. I never posted much. But always enjoyed reading and lurking.
Tonight I popped on expecting to see an epic thread on the election and instead found out the ppk is going away.
I don't deal well with change so this truly feels like the end of an era.

I always enjoyed the book threads, but my absolute favorite thread on the ppk was "What Nail Polish Are You Wearing" . I can credit the ppk with rekindling my fanaticism with polish and leading to a stash of 2000+ bottles. So thanks for the laughs, insights, book recommendations, and polish. RIP ppk....I'm in agreement about 2016 needing a redo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:07 pm 
Thinks Stonewall's jerquee tastes GREAT!

I agree 2016 has been awful.

I'm so glad I decided to check out the forum today after yeaaaars away. Sad to see it go, in my short stint here I met new friends that I still keep in touch with, got a real life internship, and just....really loved all of you. You're good eggs. I'm sad to see it go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:39 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I haven't been on the PPK much lately as I've been busy with happenings in my life but I'm absolutely devastated at the news that the PPK is shutting. I've never been much of a poster but the PPK has been my lifeline when it comes to learning about all things vegan. Without the PPK, I don't think I'd even be vegan today. Before this forum I'd thought that going vegan would be too difficult and time consuming. This board has even helped me with things outside of veganism and for that I'll always be grateful. I do regret not posting more and building relationships with the PPKers that I've gotten to know through lurking (that doesn't sound creepy at all) but I will be moving over to reddit and I'll try to make more of an effort to get to know you all more.

I don't know what I'm going to do without the PPK. Even without posting much it's been my safe spot on the internet for the past 2 years. I check it almost daily to see what's going on in the vegan world. I'm definitely feeling lost and agree with everyone that says 2016 has been a horrible year.

Congratulation on your successes, Isa! I wish there was a way to convince you to keep the forum open but I know you wouldn't make this decision without thinking through all the possible choices.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:08 am 
Saggy Butt

For me 2016 was a rather happy year - the first year in VERY many years I have been employed all the year!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:34 pm 
Tofu Pup

I don't know if everybody knows about Clearly Veg (www.clearlyveg.com) yet, but it's a vegan news/community site that I started a couple years ago. It hasn't been around as long as thePPK so it might be under the radar a little bit. However, the Facebook community (https://www.facebook.com/clearlyveg/) is pretty lively and growing fast.

Everything on the site is user-generated content except for news. So you can add business reviews, recipes, products, product reviews, etc etc. If you'd like to become a contributing writer, our audience on Facebook is about 50k so it's a great platform for anything and everything vegan. There's also forums (https://www.clearlyveg.com/forum), but they didn't get a lot of attention so we just hid them. If anybody would like to use the forums we can definitely add it back into the navigation and fix any bugs there might be. We built the site on Drupal, so we can customize it in any way that would benefit the community. So just let me know what you'd like!

We'd also be happy to take over hosting of thePPK forums or migrate thePPK forums into the Clearly Veg forums if Isa is cool with that. I hate to see communities like this shut down, and especially long-established vegan ones. We need to do everything we can to build up this community!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Whoa, I just found out! I haven't been around much, and I don't usually check the Lounge. I never posted a lot, but have been on the boards for what seems like forever. It's the one place I trust to get great recipe, cookbook and travel info. I will never forget some of the threads that made me laugh out loud like the garlic in the vajayjay thread. I'm so glad a subreddit for PPk has been started. I love reddit and will definitely subscribe. Thank you for these forums and for your wonderful cookbooks Isa.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:14 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Late to the party, also just learning the forum is dead.

I came here today because when I was wondering what could save me during these dark times, the PPK was the first thing I thought of.

Oh well. Reddit works, but PPK was wayyyyyy better.

Thanks for everything Isa, and Modern Love BK is amazing, so thanks for that too :) xoxoxo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I haven't posted much over the years, but I've been on here almost every day and have relied on this forum for support, recipe recommendations, cooking and cookbook advice, and just the solace of knowing I'm not alone. I will be very upset if this goes away. I've been on Reddit and much prefer the format of this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:56 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Oh man, I haven't been on the forums in a while, but I was only talking to someone the other day about them. The forums were hugely helpful to me back when I first went vegan, I'm not sure I'd have been so passionate about it without them. Thanks so much Isa!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17