| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Looking for something
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:26 pm 
Offline
Frees Bunny Slippers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 168
Location: UK
I know this is a bit weird, but I also know a lot of feminists are on the PPK so this seems like my best chance...

Does anyone remember the name of, or have a link to the recent study about how men perceive a mixed-sex group as being overwhelmingly female even though the actual number of women is less than that of men? I have tried evey combination of words I can think of, and cannot find it, so please...help a feminist out ? :) :-*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for something
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:28 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 pm
Posts: 545
Location: Central NJ
Just throwing it out there, but you might have success on r/twoxchromosomes. I know the study you're citing but I can't recall where it was published and I feel like the ladies(and gents) there might know.

_________________
Otters main method of attack is forceful hugging. ~amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for something
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:02 pm 
Offline
Frees Bunny Slippers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 168
Location: UK
Una wrote:
Just throwing it out there, but you might have success on r/twoxchromosomes. I know the study you're citing but I can't recall where it was published and I feel like the ladies(and gents) there might know.


Awesome, thank you - at least it's a lead which is more than I had before :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for something
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:50 pm
Posts: 1456
Location: NJ -> Bristol UK
i haven't heard of this study before & would be interested in reading about it, if you find what you're looking for.

_________________
vegan cheese bigamy is not allowed. - LisaPunk

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for something
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline
Frees Bunny Slippers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 168
Location: UK
EmperorTomatoKetchup wrote:
i haven't heard of this study before & would be interested in reading about it, if you find what you're looking for.


I will :) Although I'm currently working up the courage to post on the Reddit site - even though it's the feminist section, Reddit still makes me shiver with fear :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for something
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:39 am 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:33 am
Posts: 665
Location: CoWo
A reference to this popped up in my twitter feed today, and it looks like it was mentioned by Geena Davis in an interview with NPR and then reblogged a whole heap of times, but no one has actually cited the study!

Geek_Feminist on twitter is trying to track down a source from the Geena Davis Institute (https://twitter.com/Geek_Feminism/status/355298631429005312), so you could check there or contact the Institute directly.

_________________
Go Marmite big or go home. - pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for something
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:22 am 
Offline
Frees Bunny Slippers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 168
Location: UK
mendelian wrote:
A reference to this popped up in my twitter feed today, and it looks like it was mentioned by Geena Davis in an interview with NPR and then reblogged a whole heap of times, but no one has actually cited the study!

Geek_Feminist on twitter is trying to track down a source from the Geena Davis Institute (https://twitter.com/Geek_Feminism/status/355298631429005312), so you could check there or contact the Institute directly.


Thank you so much! Odd that it doesn't have a traceable source...I hope that doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate study. I'll see what I can find...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Erika Soyf*cker, Hollie, Invictus, LazySmurf, ScooterDiva and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer