| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 133  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So Crush lent me his favorite book. It was a super light read and so I finished it in one sitting. Damn it. The Alchemist, it's basically a story about someone following their dreams, listening to omens, and destiny. There were so many things in it that resonated with me, it reminded me a lot of how I feel when I listen to the song from West Side Story "Something's Coming"...

So then I ended up feeling really shitty, because I'm feeling all these super intense feelings, and I know in the end I can't. I feel like even waiting and taking things slow and seeing what happens is not a good idea. But when we're together... we're both super enamored. I feel like so many things lately have happened that have been 'omens' of something great coming out of this relationship, too, which makes it hard. Like when we went on a hike the day after Chinese New Year, we were sitting in the sun on this overlook part, and a snake comes over and starts hanging around us, slithering here and there for a really long time, coming up to us even... and I petted it so many times, it didn't seem to care! I almost cried I thought it was so magical. I've never seen a wild snake before! Okay now I'm rambling but dammit. It's pretty forkin bad timing and extra complicated because of 3 kids. And even though he said what he did about how he can't let himself have 'feelings' sometimes he'll say/do things that are... well they're things he really shouldn't be doing if he wants me to not get attached, heh. Like he totally used the word 'fate' about us... well and like lending me this book! It's got an inscription in it from his best friend from 1994, and he said he's never lent it to anyone ever because it's so important to him. :P UGH DUDE, MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS.

but it's going to have to deal I guess.

So now I'm watching West Side Story. Definitely calmed me down. Yay comfort movie.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh, Mars! Interwebs hugs!

I know it's a super awkward and difficult thing to ask (because heh, my mind seems to work in similar ways to yours, and I tend to get into pretty complicated situations myself)... but can you try and enjoy the beautiful, happy moments? You're recognizing them when they happen (wow! snake! and one that lets you *pet* it?!), so, yeah, make the most of them.

I wish I could say everything is going to be all right. Hey, I wish I could say that to all of you.

In other news, I may or may not have... more or less directly... asked internet crush out. I mean, there's a chance that our paths will never cross, but still... there's a potential (non-romantic) date in some of my countless possible futures.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Mars, that's super rough. I feel like the same sort of thing happened (thought to a much lesser extent) with Soccer Crush. He acted like he was super into it and said all of these wonderful nice things, but then didn't want to take it further. I wasn't at a place yet where I could just enjoy the happy moments, so I encourage you to continue doing that. It's hard to find the right balance between not wanting to rock the boat by asking what the fork is up with what your 'relationship' is and also feeling emotionally satisfied while you're in the dark. I'm a person who wants to know all of the things all of the time (please, no secrets, no games, just honesty!), so it is really difficult for me to be in a 'oh, lets just see where it leads which may be nowhere because I don't know if I'm ready' sort of pseudo relationship. Best of luck to you and your heart.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Phoenix wrote:
but can you try and enjoy the beautiful, happy moments? You're recognizing them when they happen (wow! snake! and one that lets you *pet* it?!), so, yeah, make the most of them.

*chokes laughing*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, the funny girl said snake. Snaaaaaake.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It's probably just snake envy. ;D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm 

Yeah I certainly am very much enjoying the good stuff and just trying to soak and revel in that. It's easy when I'm around him, it just gets hard when I'm alone with those thoughts. It's at a point now where I can tell it's getting hard for him too, which is kid of funny to me because I just want to shake him and say "Well then give in to what your body is telling you is right! Stop listening to your brain!" But I won't, especially because he's a parent of three kids. I think being a parent always comes first and so in that situation the brain has to be used. It sucks too because he'll tell me about things his ex is doing/saying to him, and there are so many parallels to my break up. Except his ex reminds of me in my breakup situation, him my ex, and I would now be the person my ex went straight-away into a relationship with, and who I really resented for that. So I feel kind of bad that I'm adding to someones hurt; however, again like my relationship, it was a pretty miserable one for a while for both parties so I believe, like me, she'll be better off in the end. Ramble ramble.

With that said! I'm really looking forward to my full day of crush-time fun! He's about to come pick me up and we're getting breakfast! Tofu scramble, here I come!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm 
Cranky

Smooched on my crush last night! I'll be seeing him again tonight. Squee!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:01 am 

I was over at Crush's house and we were smooching and he asked if we could talk about feelings. We did and it was super cute and super sweet and pretty much just awesomes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Mars wrote:
I was over at Crush's house and we were smooching and he asked if we could talk about feelings. We did and it was super cute and super sweet and pretty much just awesomes.

<333

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Hello there, you amazing red haired Irish lad. I really like you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Whut.
So, there's this girl who is has at least a few overlapping interests as me, is cute, goes to my school and *que drumroll* is actually not straight. She was in the play that I was working backstage for, so I got to know her a bit, she seems super fun, and there was a little bit of kinda-flirting at the cast party. Anyway, she also works with my roommate (tiny college, this isn't even weird here), and he just told me that APPARENTLY she mentioned while they were talking maybe something about kind of liking me or something to that effect.
So.
SO.
I'm now in the hugely awkward position of realizing that though my natural instincts are to hide forever that maybe I should actually not do that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 pm 

Shantylass wrote:
I'm now in the hugely awkward position of realizing that though my natural instincts are to hide makeout forever that maybe I should actually not do that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mars wrote:

I think it's cute that you had so many different nicknames for all your crushes and now it's just Crush.

Also I wish my crush wanted to talk about feelings, jealous!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 pm 

I know right?! Way to just be confusing for the PPK. Just in case anyone needs clarification this Crush is also known as Big Pimpin Crush. Yeah I don't really have any crushes for any of the past ones anymore. I still feel a little cute about Cheese Crush but that's more like an 'awh I made a friend and that was a special thing we shared'. I also have a mini-crush on someone I've not mentioned, I'll call him Underwear Crush, but yeah it's more of an 'awh too bad we didn't hookup before I met Crush cause that could have been fun, awh well!'. It's funny with Underwear Crush, I keep running into him at dance nights and he flirts with me, then I ran into him with Crush at one and we all danced together and had fun but I could tell he was trying to figure out Crush and I... Then a couple nights later Crush runs into him at a dance night I didn't go to, and apparently Underwear Crush was asking a million questions about me. Heh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Mars wrote:
Shantylass wrote:
I'm now in the hugely awkward position of realizing that though my natural instincts are to hide makeout forever that maybe I should actually not do that.

Oh, right. Thanks for catching those typos, I don't know what I was thinking!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Okay. So. I have been totally smitten with this guy who lives on the other side of the country. It's mutual and adorable and stuff. This weekend he'll be on my coast for business, but way way way south (like, still practically on the other side of the country). I'm so smitten with him, and want to see him so badly, that I'm about to buy a $700 plane ticket to visit him there for the 5 hours we'd have together.

Totally insane, right??
What's wrong with me?

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Make him do some of the work - meet him halfway and make him stick around for an extra day or two.

I get it, though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

jordanpattern wrote:
Make him do some of the work - meet him halfway and make him stick around for an extra day or two.

I get it, though.

I wish. Unfortunately he's about to embark on a 2-month out-of-the-country trip. That's why I'm spending a bazillion dollars to see him for such a short amount of time-- I know it'll be forever til I can see him again. So, with trip-prep he can really only be on my coast for 24 hours (and only 5 of them won't be business related).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:03 am 
Level 7 Vegan

takecare wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:

I get it, though.

I wish. Unfortunately he's about to embark on a 2-month out-of-the-country trip. That's why I'm spending a bazillion dollars to see him for such a short amount of time-- I know it'll be forever til I can see him again. So, with trip-prep he can really only be on my coast for 24 hours (and only 5 of them won't be business related).

Do you think it will be worth it? I'm just asking because I know that Crush Brain makes me want to do things that I would normally consider a bad idea. $700 is a ton of money!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Yeah, no matter how much I love someone, I don't think I'd ever be able to justify $700 for 5 hours. I'd rather spend more $ on a flight and take a week with them wherever they are out-of-country! That would be more fun than flying to Charlotte for 5 hours or whatever.

I feel like with that much time I would have a hard time relaxing and have performance anxiety of how awesome that time should be because its so short or something.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I know. It's totally 100% batshit crazy. And normally I wouldn't be in a position to even seriously consider it because I freelance and my income is so sporadic. But I have some really big projects these days and for the first time I actually feel like I have some disposable income. Spending 24 hours on a beach-- even if only 5 hours are with him-- sounds like something I could really use right now.

But, yea, I am TOTALLY in Crush Brain mode and not thinking right. Spending more to spend more time with him when he's out of the country isn't an option. He's going to be on a tour and that would just be a weird thing to tag along for. Not to mention that I don't have a passport.

Ack!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Dear future crushed,
I am unapologetically vegan. If that annoys you, cool, go away. Non romantic people may ignore this.

Maybe,
Sra. Nooch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

UPDATE: I found stupidly cheap tickets ($459 vs. the normal $806 I was finding) and booked a flight! In order to get them so cheap I have to stay an extra day. He will be gone by then, but it means I get to have a bit more of a vacation with my money, which is SO NICE.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

takecare wrote:
UPDATE: I found stupidly cheap tickets ($459 vs. the normal $806 I was finding) and booked a flight! In order to get them so cheap I have to stay an extra day. He will be gone by then, but it means I get to have a bit more of a vacation with my money, which is SO NICE.

Wooo! I love that *click* when you finally put a plan in motion. Hold onto your butts! as the dude from Jurassic Park would say and have so much fun!

-alice1drland

Reply to topic  [ 3316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 133  Next