| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

He just wants to be friends. I feel a bit sad but pleased he told me straight-up how he feels. We cuddled a lot afterwards which was nice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Guys. I really hate being such a crazy person. :( I really hate my mental health around crushes. So not fun for me at all. Uggggghhhhhh I need someone to come over and slap me hard on the face and shake me. Whyyyyyy do I do this to myselffffffff?!?!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mars - be kind to yourself!

What a weird, unexpected crush I have developed on Older Man. At first, I thought it was just going to be all (fabulous) sex, but then I find myself mooning over his facebook photos when we're not hanging out. Danger, danger. Except he wants to see me a lot, which is SO NICE, but I don't know where on earth this might lead, because this is NOT a person that most people I know would be ok with me having a relationship with, for various reasons. He's a good man though, and we strangely have a lot in common even though he thinks the only two food groups are Wine and Bacon. (Now it's my turn...Whyyyy do I do this to myselllllfff???)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm 

allularpunk wrote:
(Now it's my turn...Whyyyy do I do this to myselllllfff???)

+1 yummy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Mars wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
(Now it's my turn...Whyyyy do I do this to myselllllfff???)

+1 yummy

Good god almighty, me three.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

You know what? fork it. I'm going to just enjoy it, ride it out, and see where it goes. I've dated meat eaters before...it's not a total deal breaker. As long as he is respectful of my choices.

Also, he is sexy. And we're going to watch a movie tonight. And! You guys! He bought me a toothbrush for his house. That's kind of sweet, right?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:55 pm 

Crazy sweet!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 am 
Keepin' It Seal

allularpunk, that's totally sweet!

I have a big huge crush on someone. and fortunately, it's someone who is actually queer and single and maybe possibly likes me?? We just met through a mutual friend and hit it off right away and decided we're new BFFs. The problem is, she just got out of a relationship about 3 weeks ago and, according to our mutual friend, was pretty upset about it. I don't want to rush it and ask her out before she's ready. How long is appropriate to wait?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

joyfulgirl, that's a tough call. Sometimes people get over things really quickly, and sometimes not. She will likely make a move when she's ready, right?

Last night I went over to Older Man's house, and he made me dinner and it was totally adorable. He had gone to the organic bit of Kroger and bought all these snacks, and totally READ THE LABELS for me. He got things I didn't even know I could eat. And then we drank wine and talked through and entire movie and did not have sex, but I did sleep over, and he told me that I make him feel human. As in, 'This is what other human beings must feel like' is what he said. Which is awesome but also worrisome, maybe? Either way, it was a lovely evening and I'm having a hard time not gushing about it.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 am 
Keepin' It Seal

That comment is a little odd, but it could just be an awkward choice of words or something. Still sounds like an amazing evening!

So far my "plan" is to wait and see if she makes a move. What I'm afraid of is that she'll want me to ask her out and send me signals and I'll miss them. I do that a lot. I miss the most obvious things but over-analyze the mundane things. In the meantime, I'm having a blast with my new friend and trying to find excuses to hang out with her more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

He explained further a little bit...basically saying that he never really got what all the fuss about relationships was, and how he never really understood how people could be happy in relationships, but now he gets it. Which is like...sad. That he has apparently just had nothing but immature, terrible relationships. Not that I can really talk, but I feel like I at least know what it's like to be happy with another person. At any rate, it feels nice to know that I am instilling this feeling in him. Trying not to analyze it further than that. He also asked me to hang out with him and his friends on Sunday for a cookout. He even bought vegan sausages for me, which is so frigging cute. I'm nervous about doing that, though. We still have to kind of keep it on the DL for now, even around these people. I can barely even look at him without wanting to touch him, so that's going to be strange. I might not go. We'll see. I do like his friends (I've been around them at some of his parties in the past).

joyfulgirl, I know exactly what you mean, though, about over analyzing the mundane things. I do that too, and it drives me (and everyone I babble to) crazy! Hopefully she will spell it out for you if you miss her initial come-ons. But, yes, enjoy her company in the meantime! At the very least, you have a new awesome friend!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:24 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

allularpunk, that is glorious! All of it is wonderful!

I had thought that I had experienced great relationships, but now I'm with my current fella and I feel like what your crush said--I liked relationships, but I never understood how they WORKED. This is so effortless and natural and easy. My guess would be that what he means by you make him feel human is that he doesn't have to put on airs for you or try to be something to make you happy, but that he can be himself and be comfortable and relaxed. And that's great!

Also, the toothbrush and the label reading... ADORBS. And totally wonderful! I am so often touched by how much effort my bf will put into make sure that I will be happy and comfortable with the food options at restaurants, parties, etc.

Everything sounds great!

Joyfulgirl, that's a tricky situation. You might want to express a little to her that you have interest but you don't want to push or rush anything because you know that she's recently out of something, but don't let her think you aren't interested!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

DarthCupcake - yay, greatness! I'm kind of stupidly giddy at the moment, which seems silly, but there it is.

And good advice for joyfulgirl, as well.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Congrats to you DC, you sound like you're in a fantastic place right now!
And thanks for the advice, both of you! I'll try to let her know that I'm interested. I mostly don't want her to think that I'm not interested. and yeah, AP, I'm in that babble-zone where i want to tell all my friends the little mundane things that I've noticed (she chose the seat next to me! that means she totally wants me right?) but I don't want to annoy the hell out of them! haha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Internet crush in my dreams all the time. * S I G H *

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:54 am 

Unnnngh. Hottttt.

Also, super sweet!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

And it's not even sex dreams. It's mostly just looking at each other and the whole world feels amazing dreams. * S I G H *

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Omhhghgg totally have a crush. Totally mutual, awesome, just gotta not fork this up too hard. She likes joss whedon and Russian lit and I am swoooooonnyy

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:03 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

booberthefraggle wrote:
Omhhghgg totally have a crush. Totally mutual, awesome, just gotta not fork this up too hard. She likes joss whedon and Russian lit and I am swoooooonnyy

Oh my god, yes we can have a mutual crush! We can watch Firefly and talk about Gogol, and The Master and Margarita, and...

Wait... You weren't talking about me.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Had a date with work (which is not really accurate anymore) crush tonight! It was the first time we've seen each other for a month and a half. (Pleased to find we are both still sexy.)

I'm getting a really, really good feeling. We talked and talked through dinner and he kept dropping hints that he's been talking about me to his friends and family. No weird awkward silences or nervousness. He asked me if the age difference bugged me at all (he's 10 years older) and we both confirmed it didn't bother us. I think good(er) things are about to happen... and

HE HUGGED ME GOOD NIGHT. Which doesn't really sound like a big deal, but this guy is usually so nervous and shy. And my mom was there. asdfghjkl feelings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GymClassZero wrote:
Had a date with work (which is not really accurate anymore) crush tonight! It was the first time we've seen each other for a month and a half. (Pleased to find we are both still sexy.)

I'm getting a really, really good feeling. We talked and talked through dinner and he kept dropping hints that he's been talking about me to his friends and family. No weird awkward silences or nervousness. He asked me if the age difference bugged me at all (he's 10 years older) and we both confirmed it didn't bother us. I think good(er) things are about to happen... and

HE HUGGED ME GOOD NIGHT. Which doesn't really sound like a big deal, but this guy is usually so nervous and shy. And my mom was there. asdfghjkl feelings

Awww, happy squishy crush squiggly feelings! I felt all that reading this. I have to live vicariously through you crush folks. Love my husband but there's a lot to be said for the thrills of having a crush :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Olives wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

Oh my god, yes we can have a mutual crush! We can watch Firefly and talk about Gogol, and The Master and Margarita, and...

Wait... You weren't talking about me.....

what no I was totally talking about you, we should make out lots and watch movies duh.

this is my plan for current crush. I will have makeouts and movies before the winter is out if I have my way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Basically spent the entire weekend with Older Man. The hangouts with his friends yesterday went really well, I got along with everyone and had a great time. He got hammered and that night after everyone left, basically told me over and over again how much he likes me. Which felt mighty nice. I wonder at what point I move this from a Crush to a Relationship. We know we need to take things slow, but that's just not how it's happening because I guess we just like each other too damned much.

Basically I feel totally weird all the time, like I am having a physical reaction to this dude...my stomach has been all sick feeling, and I feel like I'm going to pass out, and sometimes I get a little rush of excitement and my fingertips go numb and I just... What the hell? I have never before in my life felt like this at the beginning of anything. I've liked people, even fallen in love with a few of them, but never this feeling that I'm having now. So terrifying.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 am 

It's funny because I could say all those same things about Big Pimpin' Crush, even the older thing! (he's twelve years older than me)

Dudes I just came back from his house. I went there after work, his kids were there asleep so we couldn't be crazy but damnit. We could NOT stop kissing but it started getting so late we really had to part. It took us about an hour of trying to stop making out. Also, we kinda had a relationship discussion... Um... Yeah the month or so we've been doing this, we've both talked about OKC a lot (even though we met naturally IRL), and tonight he was talking about this really short trans guy he met and thinks is cool as a friend through there (I really like short guys), he said we should hookup, kinda joking maybe but still... Well I finally fess up and say that I haven't dated/hooked up with anyone but him in over a month and frankly I'm quite happily distracted by him and even if a date came around I'm not sure I'd want it... Whoaaaa it took guts to say that, because when we started this thing a month ago he pretty expicitly stated he wanted it casual and blah... Anyhow. It went over well and there's still nothing official at all but he told me he found himself feeling jealous the other day when I told him I reconnected with this friend of mine and was totally going to 'hang out' (apparently due to certain wordings it really made it sound like a dating thing)... And we talked even about serious-ish stuff like his kids etc. Omg.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

we have movie-watching hangouts planned for the weekend. I am going to fulfill buffy-watching makeout sesh goals.
sweet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 141  Next