| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

takecare wrote:
UPDATE: I found stupidly cheap tickets ($459 vs. the normal $806 I was finding) and booked a flight! In order to get them so cheap I have to stay an extra day. He will be gone by then, but it means I get to have a bit more of a vacation with my money, which is SO NICE.

I was going to say, at least get an extra day or so out of it to make it more worthwhile for you. Mini vacations can be amazing. Have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Moon wrote:
takecare wrote:
UPDATE: I found stupidly cheap tickets ($459 vs. the normal $806 I was finding) and booked a flight! In order to get them so cheap I have to stay an extra day. He will be gone by then, but it means I get to have a bit more of a vacation with my money, which is SO NICE.

I was going to say, at least get an extra day or so out of it to make it more worthwhile for you. Mini vacations can be amazing. Have fun!

Yea, the extra day is great because it means I don't have to be on a plane for two consecutive days. But it also means I'll likely spend most of the extra day working from my laptop, because I don't think I can actually take another day off of work. But, still, I can work from my laptop... on a beach!

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:59 pm 
Semen Strong

That is so sweet and romantic! I hope you have a lot of fun!

I think you are so awesome for going for something with all your heart and also for being really clear on what you want. I am going to be sending you tons of happysexythoughts and lots of good mojo for your romantic beach vacation from over here on my sofa in rainy NJ.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
That is so sweet and romantic! I hope you have a lot of fun!

I think you are so awesome for going for something with all your heart and also for being really clear on what you want. I am going to be sending you tons of happysexythoughts and lots of good mojo for your romantic beach vacation from over here on my sofa in rainy NJ.

I think there is often a very thin line between "so sweet and romantic" and "holy shiitake that's crazy". But even though it doesn't always work out in my favor, I do love my ability to just go into stuff like this full force. It's totally not practical to be like "Hey, I have a huge crush on you and this might be something... so I'm going to spend $500 to see you for 5 hours this weekend"-- but I really love that I will do it anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Can you have a crush on an accent? Southern States American TV white trash drawl gives me heartboners.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:27 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Earlier today I asked AdorbzGirl if she would be at contra, and we talked briefly. Then tonight when I went someone told me she was looking for me (!!), found her, and with the exception of three dances, we were partners the whole night (so, roughly two hours), and talked during the break and then walked back together and she hugged me and UGH YOU GUYS contra can be a naturally kind of flirty thing, but usually you swap around partners and such and she's adorable and I dipped her a few times and we waltzed (really awkwardly because I'm not very good at it and even worse at leading, and she hadn't done it before) and now I'm rambling. ANYWAY. There's that. It was lovely.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Gulliver wrote:
Can you have a crush on an accent? Southern States American TV white trash drawl gives me heartboners.

This is me with Irish accents.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh the compatibility! *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:02 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Met a lovely, lovely, beautiful boy from Maharashtra. So beautiful! Like, instant crush oh my god beautiful.
(Too bad for me that he already has a girlfriend.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Crush Brain Mode is the WORST.

So I have a study date with the (new) guy I like. *screams internally*

I really hope this goes well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh no (I think) I said too much!

(And yes, I sound like R.E.M. This happens sometimes.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Okay, so maybe I did the overinterpretation thing. Must stop that. It's not good for my mental health.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm 

I'm home from my spontaneous "spend a million dollars to see crush-boy for 6 hours while he's on a business trip"! The trip as a whole was pretty crazy because on my way home my first flight got very very delayed from the weather-- meaning I got to the airport at 11am and wasn't able to board a plane until 9:30pm. THEN when I got to ATL where I was to transfer planes, my flight was cancelled and I was stuck in that airport from 11pm last night until 3pm today when I was able to barely squeeze onto a standby flight. Oof.

BUT, the time that I spent with him was insanely sweet and magical and hott and amazing. I loved every second of it. I'm so ridiculously swoony. And even though he's in the middle of booking a huge tour, he just took the time to call me just to say he's glad I made it home safe and to chit chat. So sweet.

<3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm glad you found time with him even though your flights were screwed up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So my crush and I still haven't had a whole day of not-seeing-each-other in a while now. I can't remember the last day, but I'm thinking about two weeks. Shooooooot. I've been aware of this but hadn't said anything. Yesterday he brought it up randomly. Tonight I think I'll ask him if he can remember when was the last time we had a full 24 hours of not seeing one another. Now I feel like that it's been brought up, how can we not at least try to keep it up? I mean, even if on some days it's inconvenient, we live so close together it's not like we couldn't see each for at least a little bit.

I'm simultaneously excited and scared about how this is going. I feel like it's fast progressing to be Serious Actual Thing That Will Most Likely Involve Love And Commitment At Some Point... and even though before hand, it was what I wanted out of someone... now that it's here I feel so scared! I mean, not that I don't want it, but... Wow it's been 7 years since I've been in a place like this with a relationship. Yiiiiiiipes.

He got me a toothbrush for his house.

That's actually never happened to me ever. I always brought my own.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

takecare wrote:
I'm home from my spontaneous "spend a million dollars to see crush-boy for 6 hours while he's on a business trip"! The trip as a whole was pretty crazy because on my way home my first flight got very very delayed from the weather-- meaning I got to the airport at 11am and wasn't able to board a plane until 9:30pm. THEN when I got to ATL where I was to transfer planes, my flight was cancelled and I was stuck in that airport from 11pm last night until 3pm today when I was able to barely squeeze onto a standby flight. Oof.

BUT, the time that I spent with him was insanely sweet and magical and hott and amazing. I loved every second of it. I'm so ridiculously swoony. And even though he's in the middle of booking a huge tour, he just took the time to call me just to say he's glad I made it home safe and to chit chat. So sweet.

<3 <3 <3

Yay! I have been waiting for an update on this! I'm glad it was awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 pm 

starrynight87 wrote:
I'm glad you found time with him even though your flights were screwed up.

YES! Luckily the flight challenges all happened on my way home. It would have been heartbreaking if all of this had happened on the way there, since he had such a limited time to hang out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Awww, Mars and takecare, loved these last updates from you two. <3

I am living vicariously through the Crush thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm 

jordanpattern wrote:
takecare wrote:

<3 <3 <3

Yay! I have been waiting for an update on this! I'm glad it was awesome!

thanks! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aww takecare! Aww Mars! I'm having meta-crushes on your having crushes. Good to hear it's going great for you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I had two study dates in a row with the guy I like. We met up at the library on Tuesday, and then he was all, "will you be here tomorrow?" And I was all, "sure!" even though I totally wasn't planning on it.

I have to say, I am ambivalent about the idea of a study date. I mean, we're in grad school, so it's something that you can pretty much guarantee being able to schedule, because we ALL have something to research or study ALL THE TIME. However, they're too serious. It's almost inevitable that the only thing we'll talk about, when we do talk, is school. I had gotten advice from someone on how to maybe change that, and she suggested that we could always take a break (duh). I made that suggestion, but he really just wanted to hammer out his work because it was due and he had something to do later on that day. So that didn't work.

But, on our way out of the library, he added that he was more than willing to be my library pal anytime I wanted one. Then, I was a little confused, though. Then he just started talking like, "so I live right across the street. Sometimes I hang out with Rose and Marcus (mutual friends). When the weather gets nice, there'll be a cookout." But he didn't really go any farther than that. So I'm assuming that this was an invitation? Right?

But, the weekend after Easter, which is really flippin' soon, you guys, we're all going to conference for three days. Music therapy conferences are freakin' awesome. There are drum circles and improv sessions in addition to all the presentations, so that could be really fun. Plus, downtime in the evenings.

So, I don't know where this is going. I have a tendency to want to rush things and push straight to the relationship part and not allow the proper amount of "getting to know you" time. I'm trying really hard to just enjoy this and let it be whatever it ends up being. I'm tired of the self-sabotaging.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:30 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Yesterday I posted a picture of my new glasses and she sent me a message saying "I think you're cute...in case you haven't come to that conclusion already."
So obviously I squealed and jumped up and down a lot and then replied that it was mutual and we've been messaging back and forth (not in a hugely flirty way, BUT STILL).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Adorable!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

YEAH SHANTY! And yeah to your crush, yay bold first step!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have his number. I'm flipping out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 141  Next