| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:00 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Not getting to see a lot of my crush lately. Only caught a glimpse of the back of his head today. Bummer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:23 am 
So Totally Yiffy

aghghghghhhh weirdest thing happened to me, and then it turned weirder. much appreciation for those who read all the way through. not sure if this belongs in a different thread...

so my roommate is good friends with these three guys, and they all came over the other day. i thought one of them was really hot, and knew he only is in the country back and forth, so one day i was extremely bored, i messaged him to see if he wanted to hook up. he reacted kindly but said he was "old fashioned." fair enough - i supposed he just wasn't into me. then my roommate told me (way too late) that he is only 18 years old!!! i would have never have guessed this - the other guys that came were in their late 20's early 30's (i'm 27), he has his own company and travels the world filming, hehas lived on his own since age 14, and has gone through a bunch of effed up shiitake.

i quickly IMed him and told him that i was sorry, just found out about his age, and that i kind of feel like a pedophile with a creepy beard stalking a cheerleader. he said it wasn't a big deal and that the beard looks good on me. and then we talked for like 2 hours. over the past three days, he's come over twice, first to see my roommate but once i get home from work, she soon goes to bed, and we talk for hours. it's all so weird. i'm simultaneously attracted to and repulsed by him...maybe because i like getting to know him (and his very interested and messed up upbringing), but am afraid that if i dip my toes too deep i'll end up liking a freakin 18 year old that lives in a different country most of the year...

just for the record, the last convo was last night, in my bed with me being extremely cautious of any sort of contact, and ended with a kiss on the cheek. it just all feels so odd. blegh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah I'm normally one to say 'screw you' to people balking at large age gaps, but when the age has the word 'teen' in it... Ah man. I'd reccomend steering way clear of this one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Interesting crush happenings lately, PPK. . .

So I've been crushing pretty hard on this guy who works in the hotel that's attached to the restaurant where I work. I had never really thought much about him, besides "Oh, he's kind of cute." But a few weeks ago, he was in my work to get change from the bartender, and was like, "This is a really random question, but were you at a Mountain Goats show in [town two hours away] a few months ago?" Which I was (but I hadn't noticed him at the show. . . somewhat ironically, I was there with my at-the-time FWB). I was really surprised/ somewhat flattered that he remembered me (and apparently likes TMG, which is a big plus in my book). I wanted to talk to him more but had to go, you know, do my job, and he'd left by the time I would've been able to talk to him.

Since then (about twoish weeks ago) I've been thinking about him and secretly hoping to see him at work. I've seen him a few times. The other night, I was hanging out at the bar with some friends after work, and he came in to order some food to go, and we talked while he was waiting for his food. And a few nights ago, he came to get change from the bartender again, and I smiled and said hey and whatnot, and my friend was like, "He definitely looked happier than usual when he saw you" (she's one of the few work friends who I've told about my crush).

Anyway, I really want to ask him to hang out sometime, and hoping that I'll get the opportunity soon! I don't work tomorrow night but will probably come in to check the schedule and have a drink with friends after they get off work. Maybe I'll see him then! If not, I'm working the closing shift Friday night, so will almost definitely see him then. I'm not super-shy about asking guys out, but not super-confident either, and I tend to get all tongue-tied and awkward when the time comes (luckily, he's kind of awkward, too).

But! Plot twist! I was reading Craigslist missed connections, as I am wont to do in my downtime, and saw this:

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mis/4042602199.html

which I DID NOT write, but totally could have (all except for "I've never said anything beyond hey"). I don't know if it's a real missed connection, or people from work messing with me. I'm leaning toward the latter. . . which is annoying and weird. A few people I work with know about the crush and know that I read missed connections for entertainment. Plus, most of the women I work with are in relationships and wouldn't write missed connections. I highly doubt he'll ever see it, but still.

Anyway, PPK, thanks for reading this corporate American chain soap opera, and I'd appreciate any thoughts that y'all have.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I wouldn't worry about the missed connection; I bet it's folks messing with you.

On the topic of work crushes: a work flirtation might be turning into a very bad idea work crush. Bah.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 am 

lilyyw wrote:
But! Plot twist! I was reading Craigslist missed connections, as I am wont to do in my downtime, and saw this:

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mis/4042602199.html

which I DID NOT write, but totally could have

THIS WOULD peas ME OFF SO MUCH. HOW ARE YOU NOT FURIOUS?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 am 

As far as my crush lyfe... Well, I may have just initiated THE MOST AWKWARD situation ever to happen tomorrow. Well, the guy I'm dating/my crush/K and I had dinner tonight, and in it we were talking about week plans. Well, tomorrow I have plans to do private-room style Karaoke with this friend of mine. And this friend and I agreed it'd be more fun with more people so we've been trying to find others to come with. Having a difficult time though, most people are busy! Well, I sort of started to talk about this karaoke plan, then realized it'd be really weird to talk about trying to find more people without inviting K... So I worked inviting K to this as part of the story. He's into going. Now this seems all dandy but the problem is... Friend and I have an... Interesting past. He's the one I had secx with (astrology crush for those crazy enough to keep up with all my boyz) twice in January, but he said blah it was not at all a dating thing blah... But yet we'd hang out in verrrrry date-like capacities. And still do. I mean, we kinda went those three months I dated B.P. without really seeing each other at all, but then started hanging out a lot, mostly with his nanny charge, but I don't know. And I've never mentioned K to him. Well... We'll see!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:22 pm 

It says it has been removed by the author now. Not one bit cool if someone put that up intentionally for you.

Oh Mars, that is an interesting one! I wouldn't have a clue what to do!

So I didn't really get to talk to crush today. The only time I was in his presence was in a room full of nurses and we were talking about shiitake. He came in to check something on the computer but as soon as I started my shiitake story he turned around and listened to it. I bet the image of me being plastered in a patients runny shiitake will keep him up all night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Sooo the missed connection thing was, in fact, a prank. One guy I work with, who didn't know that I like this guy, posted it. But he meant for it to be from another girl, let's call her K, who also thinks the guy is cute, but doesn't have a crush on him or anything. I came into work earlier, and K was like, "I have something to tell you" and told me about the fake missed connection. She said that prankster guy had used her e-mail address for the Craigslist post, and that someone who crush guy works with had seen it, and told him about it. Apparently he e-mailed her back, and was like, "have we talked before? were you standing by the bar?" etc. (which, she said, led her to believe he was talking about me, not her). Unfortunately, prankster guy wasn't at work at the time, so I couldn't be all mad and "what the fizzle"-ish at him.

ANYWAY I stood around with my work friends for a while, being all ". . .what the fizzle should I do. . . " I went over to the hotel front desk where crushguy works, and intended to explain what had happened and say something along the lines of, "sorry for the weirdness, the missed connection thing was this guy's stupid idea of a joke, but I do like you/ think you seem cool, and do you want to hang out sometime. . . etc." but he wasn't even there. Soooo I'm waiting until next time I see him. Bah. I'm really irritated with prankster guy, even though he meant for the prank to be aimed at K. . . regardless, it was a really ridiculous and immature thing to do. Sorry if this post is rant-y, long-winded, and nonsensical. . . I'm somewhat tipsy right now anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

wait I have a quick clarifying question: how serious are you guys about the people you say you have crushes on? is a crush to y'all like "I want to date this person" or??

I always thought of crushes as sort of passing fancies, a way to designate a person who you found attractive in a casual way but my friend was recently describing them as way more serious than I thought they were I am SO cONFUSED

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:20 am 

I always thought a crush was either a passing fancy or someone that you probably haven't a hope of getting. I never get the guys I like so I'm always just crushing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 am 

booberthefraggle wrote:
I always thought of crushes as sort of passing fancies, a way to designate a person who you found attractive in a casual way but my friend was recently describing them as way more serious than I thought they were I am SO cONFUSED

Crush to me is usually more than this. I'll sometimes casually use the word crush when really meaning passing fancy type like you described, but I'll usually always put a signifier on it to make it less intense sounding than what 'crush' seems to me. Like if it's super silly and casual I might say like 'work crush' or 'customer crush' or 'coffee shop crush'.

But the word 'crush' to me as is... well, it's like that jazz song "I've got a Crush on you". Like the lyric "all the day and night time, hear me sigh"... A true crush to me is when I feel so enamored that I literally feel a crushing feeling inside of me. :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:05 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

For me, I feel like there is a crush spectrum. I wouldn't say I had a crush on, say, a stranger on the street who I found attractive for a minute but would never see again, and I wouldn't say I had a crush on someone I was actively dating, but most of the in-between zone is crush-designatable. A celebrity crush, for instance, would fall on a different place on the spectrum from a "I actively interact with this person on a regular basis and desire for more of our interactions to involve less of our clothing" crush.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

booberthefraggle wrote:
wait I have a quick clarifying question: how serious are you guys about the people you say you have crushes on? is a crush to y'all like "I want to date this person" or??

Crushes can mean both to me, depending. I currently have a few crushes on people I'd date in a heartbeat. But I also often have crushes on people who I am intrigued by and attracted to for whatever reason, but know that it could/will never happen (like, he's a dreamboat for a lot of reasons, but there is some big obvious deal breaker).

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

choirqueer wrote:
"I actively interact with this person on a regular basis and desire for more of our interactions to involve less of our clothing"

:))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

takecare wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

Crushes can mean both to me, depending. I currently have a few crushes on people I'd date in a heartbeat. But I also often have crushes on people who I am intrigued by and attracted to for whatever reason, but know that it could/will never happen (like, he's a dreamboat for a lot of reasons, but there is some big obvious deal breaker).

Yeah, all of this. Like, I have a crush on cute record store employee guy, convenience store employee guy, my best friend at work who is happily in a LTR, other work friend who is 25+ years older than me, etc. . . all of which will never happen. But then, some realistic crushes. On that note! I talked to cute hotel employee crush earlier, asked him if he'd want to hang out, and he said definitely! and that he'd been thinking about asking me the same thing, and gave me his number. Eeeeee!

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:48 am 
Not NOT A Furry

lilyyw wrote:
takecare wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

Yeah, all of this. Like, I have a crush on cute record store employee guy, convenience store employee guy, my best friend at work who is happily in a LTR, other work friend who is 25+ years older than me, etc. . . all of which will never happen. But then, some realistic crushes. On that note! I talked to cute hotel employee crush earlier, asked him if he'd want to hang out, and he said definitely! and that he'd been thinking about asking me the same thing, and gave me his number. Eeeeee!

yay! enjoy and report back!

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Oh man. Had the best dream last night about a current crush. The kind where you want to smash you alarm clock because it's getting to the good part. Boo. :(

The good thing is, his band is playing with my band for a show on Friday! Where my ex will be present as well! this will be interesting, but I really really want to ask him to coffee (my crush). :)

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:15 pm 

So crush who normally walks through the car park with his head down noticed my car pull in this morning and I got a wave and a smile. He so wants to marry me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

18 emails in 3 hours. :))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:40 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I have two huge crushes right now. The first one is on a guy I met through OKCupid. We text a bunch every day, and we have hung out a couple times, but finding times that we can hang out has been SO HARD. I really like him, but I don't really see how anything could really work if we can barely ever see each other (which is even more mind-boggling and frustrating because he only lives a few blocks away). I'll keep trying though, because he's awesome. This guy is also actively applying to far-away jobs though... so, meh.

The other one is a work crush, and I have been crushing on him for over a year. We work opposite schedules, but I see him sometimes when I'm there either shopping or filling in on a shift I don't normally work. Yesterday I was asked to go into work early, and he was there when I got there. When he saw me he visibly lit up and initiated a conversation with me, which was nice. What I don't get about him is that he asked for my phone number a month or two ago....and he never called me. So, I have been feeling kind of rejected by him this whole time, but he was obviously excited to see me yesterday. It's kind of mixed-signals. I want to just shake him and be like "You are obviously not repulsed by me, SO JUST CALL ME, DAMMIT!!!"

Oof. Boys.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

When you want to "like" a "like"... it all gets fractal very quickly. ;D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Why am I so bad at texting people?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:17 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Pi_Face wrote:
Why am I so bad at texting people?

I think it's because I'm scared of getting involved with someone here when I'm moving in about a week. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I had a great time at the fair with crushguy the other night. We hit it off and were talking/ joking around nonstop for hours. He's kinda awkward, but in an adorable way. We've been texting some since then, and I visited him at work today after I got off, and we talked for a while. Tentative plans to hang out again in a few days, once he knows his work schedule for next week (unfortunately we both work a lot, and weird hours sometimes, which makes planning/ hanging out more difficult than it should be). As I was leaving, he said he was glad that I came by to see him. So, yeah, good so far. . . I just wanna hang out again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 141  Next