| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:02 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Okay I've wanted a thread like this for a long time but refrained from posting it, as we already have quite the large plethora of "The [X] Thread"s. But I don't know. I'm imagining a thread like the PSTWPSTPY... thread, except for EMOOOOOTIONZ and FEELS.

Post subject: Re: The Feeeeeeelings Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:04 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My new favorite thread.

Are you having feelings you want to tell us about Mars?

Can I just post Taylor Swift lyrics?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:04 pm 

And now, with that said:

Ughhhh! Whyyyy is everything so saddd right now? Like how the world is so mean to many people and animals?!? UNGHHHHHHH.

Edit: And yes you can post all the feels lyrics you wish!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:06 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty.

I feel pretty, and witty, and GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:32 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I started crying when I was reading to someone about service dogs the other day. They will lay next to you while you have a seizure so you don't hurt yourself!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:58 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Fee wrote:
I started crying when I was reading to someone about service dogs the other day. They will lay next to you while you have a seizure so you don't hurt yourself!

Word.

I haven't posted in ages, but, here I am, and I just took some benadry, and I can relate to the feelz.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 pm 

*over-dramatically flips hair and raises arm to forehead*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:30 pm 
Semen Strong

I love my father so much. And yet, I never get to really spend time with him, I am sorry that our lives don't work together and I know he is going to die soon. And I know he loves me and I love him. I just wish I had more time and words to express the depth of my love for him. I adore him with every single strand of my DNA. He is the best of me and I wouldn't be me without him.

Boo for feelz being so much bigger than words can adequately express.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 pm 
And you never will.

I had dinner with my little brother tonight and it was emotionally draining. It was good at times, but not good at other times. I'm having a lot of feelings right now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:28 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I'm pooping my feelingz out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

this is the best thread already. <3 mars

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I don't feel like this belongs in the "worst things" thread, but I'm feeling sad. I'm friends with one of my coworkers, we met at work but we get along amazingly well and we hang out outside of work and stuff. Sometimes my job is really aggravating, but at least I had my friend/coworker to hang out with/talk to. She applied for a different (more high up) job in the organization and got it, which is great and I'm so happy for her, but it also means she's not on my team anymore and is working on the other side of the city. She cleaned out her desk yesterday and we both almost started crying! So I'm happy for her and wish her nothing but the best, but I feel bummed I won't see my friend very much anymore and the one thing that made the workday fun is gone.

I'm trying to find the balance between allowing myself to feel sad and not wallowing in self-pity.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:48 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Wow, Mars - excellent timing! So my youngest son is starting college this semester (which I posted about in The Playground a few days ago), and yesterday was his first day of classes. We've texted a few times and it sounds like things are going well (he's already made a bunch of friends, including one on his hall who shares his enthusiasm for '30s and '40s jazz), all of which is super awesome. I am happy and excited for him to do well and have a blast at college, but oh my GOD the complex, mixed emotional bag of feelings. I don't know if it's because he's the youngest, or that I've really been missing my mom lately, or what, but I'm honestly shocked at how hard this particular rite of passage is hitting me.

I spent much of Saturday morning tidying/organizing/cleaning his room (which looked like it had been hit by a bomb from Planet High School), and was left utterly excoriated and aghast at how quickly the past ten years or so have gone; I felt that similar sense of choking grief I felt after emptying my mom's apartment. Of course I know - intellectually - that these are entirely different things, but the FEELINGS are hard to endure right now. I have a wonderful partner, my middle son is at home right now, three animal babies to love and care for, and lots of stuff going on (hello, PhD, plus I start teaching again on Tuesday), but for some reason I'm just feeling sort of overwhelmed at present.

When I look back at the past ten years, there has been so much loss: my marriage ended (ultimately good and necessary, but a major emotional and psychological wrench), my dad died, my mom became ill and eventually died, and in among these events I had all these kids who needed me, which kept me steady. So I think maybe what I'm feeling right now is the accretive pressure built up from things I haven't properly allowed myself to feel and deal with, and it's all bubbling up to the surface. So yeah: FEELINGS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:09 am 
Seagull of the PPK

the prospect of ^^ terrifies me in some ways, Desdemona. Here at least there have been so many ups and downs and Baggy has always been a cool person, but she is getting cooler every day despite her occasional foray into Douche-Baggy-land. And I can't wait for her to spread her wings and see what she's capable of. The idea of her going away, though, makes me want to just go sit in the closet for a while.

I also thing i will put this here- I bought the We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves book and it has been emotionally heavy for me. I don't want to spoil it but for the first part of the book you hear about a pair of sisters and twins getting separated, and it just hit me so hard I almost couldn't finish the book. I don't know whether to encourage Baggy to read it or if i should hide the book so she doesn't. I mean, ultimately, the book was great and i am glad i read it, but whoah.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:32 am 
Level 7 Vegan

My new hormone dosage makes me more energetic and I FEEL more. Yesterday I kept thinking, no, feeling how much I love my boyfriend. And then I was thinking about how awesome the new people I met were but then - urgh, the other kind of feelings. Feeling I'm not good enough for anyone, the whole "why would anyone want to spend time with me, they got their own lives, they are too funny/good-looking/cute/intelligent for me" etc

I like feeling more and I just wish I could not feel so badly about myself. I think it will never go away and I hate it, these feelings are so pointless.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:26 am 
BAD PASS

This isn't really an animal peeve, because it's not the animal's fault, and it's not really a vegan pet peeve because it's not vegan specific, but it does have a lot of feels, so maybe it goes here.

There's a dog I walk at the shelter who is just seriously THE BEST. I love her so much. When I take her out for a walk, she rolls in the grass and is just so joyful to be out of her cage, but she doesn't pull. At some point during the walk she always gently jumps up and puts her front feet on my hips and nuzzles her head into me and just stands there while I scratch her head for as long as I'll let her. She is the sweetest dog and she deserves a forever home so so so so so much.

Only, she's been at the shelter forever because she's a pit mix, like most of the other dogs there. Any other breed of dog that comes through there gets adopted within a couple days. It doesn't matter if they're difficult or aloof or have health problems (and I am glad they get adopted -- not saying I'm not), they are adopted immediately. Meanwhile, my sweet girl lives her whole life in a cage just because she's a pit bull. It kills me. I wish I could take her, but my girl at home is 14 and it would not be an ideal situation. I get to go walk her today after work, and while I'd miss her, every day I go there, I hope her cage will be empty because she's been adopted, but she's always still there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:06 am 
WELFARIST!

Sometimes, I wish I had a robot heart, but I'm mostly glad I don't. Mostly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:10 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Shorty is at high school registration. Alex got her schedule for her last SEMESTER of high school. I am both really excited for them and terrified for them. And part of me wants to go back to when they were wee and snugly and wee.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Great thread, mars!!

I'm having too many feelings to handle! My hormones most be wacky or something because these past few days, one thing is enough to set me off into a sadness spiral. Last night one jokey comment sent me into tears and I spent half the night thinking of everything that sucks. Feelings, go away!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I wish my feelings could all be put on hold. Hugs for those that want them; cupcakes and awesomesauce for everyone, ever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:12 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I have a hard time expressing my feelings sometimes because it makes me feel vulnerable. I'm sort of experiencing that right now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:20 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I'm on holiday and miss my kitties.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:01 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mars wrote:
Ughhhh! Whyyyy is everything so saddd right now? Like how the world is so mean to many people and animals?!? UNGHHHHHHH.

This basically covers my feels lately. I'm sad that so many people suck and I basically just need to avoid everything.

The last year or so of intense feels all the time has really burnt me out and I'm SO over it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:12 pm 

Moon wrote:
This basically covers my feels lately. I'm sad that so many people suck and I basically just need to avoid everything.

Yeah, a house all alone in the woods sounds PERFECT right now. Except I have this damn people addiction! Damn you people, why can't I quit UUUUU?!?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next