| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: ghost stories!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:01 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

This thread should stay active forever. More stories, people!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

DelectApple wrote:
Who here watches Ghost Hunters and/or Ghost lab? Which one do you think is better? I'm a LONG TIME Ghost Hunters fan, but recently have been giving Ghost Lab a shot and am enjoying it... Thoughts?

i'm all about ghost adventures! zak is amazing when he taunts those ghosts and gets possessed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I can't remember this story very well, and its second hand, but it came from very close friends of my parents, and I'm pretty sure it's true.

The couple (the friends of my parents) were on holiday, I can't remember where now, somewhere in Europe. The man had bad dreams every night that they stayed in the hotel, about plagues and people dying. On their last night he had the worst nightmare he'd had that week - he dreamed that hundreds of people were dying of a plague and that the walls were running with blood. His wife woke up while he was still asleep and dreaming, and saw a face hanging over the end of the bed. It disappeared when the man awoke.

The next morning they mentioned the dreams to some of the other people staying there, and apparently more than one person on their corridor had been having very similar dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:39 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I want more stories!

I've had some weird times, but I'm hesitant to say they were ghosts [mainly because I dunno what the hell to think]. My friends and I used an ouiji board when we were about 10 [if anyone is debating it, please don't. No matter how much you believe it's bullshiitake, it's just not worth the agro]. Although I'm hesitant to say it was ghosts, I know without a doubt that none of my friends moved it on purpose. I can't remember everything we asked, but I remember a girl called Amy telling us how she had died [fell down the stairs] and another man talking to us through it. We asked if they were going to haunt us, it didn't reply, so we asked individually "will you haunt me?" and it said no to all of us except my best friend [who had been loudly going on about how stupid and crepe it all was before we played - she was definitely a non-believer, and was also the tomboy in our group so I felt comforted by the fact she'd got my back if anything did happen. How wrong was I?!]. We asked if this was because she doubted it all, they said yes. My friend spent the next few weeks terrified, poor girl. She kept seeing things at school [likes figures in the distance in an empty field]. Due to how freaked out my friend was [and the fact she was an awesome girl that got on with everyone, we all very close too], I know that had anyone pushed it on purpose, they would have admitted soon after they saw how scared she was. None of us would have sat back laughing when you saw how tortured she was for the next few weeks. Thinking back, I should have got one of the group to lie and say it was them, if only to help her sleep at night. I remember the candles flickering a lot when we were doing it too. Stupidly, we did it at my house, which I've since found out is not a very smart idea.

My mum has a pretty good ghost story. It hurts my brain to think about it though. She's such a logical person, I trust her 100% and know she isn't lying, so if it was anyone else telling me this I wouldn't believe them, but with my mum - well it's my mum, y'know? Sensible, intelligent mum! Anyway, she has times where she will see floating heads. Yes, floating heads. Usually at night in bed when she's reading, she'll look up and see heads up near the ceiling. She says you can't see the body, just like the head/neck/maybe a bit of shoulders. There will be men, women, children etc. All with different clothing of different periods. Some dressed like the rich in Tudor times, some dressed like the poor in Medieval times etc etc. Sometimes they will be talking [not to each other] but she can't hear them, can only see their mouths moving. They never look at her/seem to notice her, they're very much in their own world. My grandma apparently said similar things to my mum in the last years of her life, admitting she was seeing dead people. My mum put it down to her being old/dementia possibly. Then my mum started seeing them too. Thanks mum, that really makes me excited about growing old.

Ooh I just remembered another from when I was younger. When I was about 8/9, I woke up in the middle of the night [& therefore this could easily be a dream, but I remember feeling so strongly about the fact it wasn't a dream and having such difficulty going back to sleep] and saw a man and woman in my room. I was in the top bunk of my bunk bed and remember waking up and looking around my room. There was a man and woman dressed in Victorian clothing. I remember making a shocked what the fizzle type noise, and they both turned around surprised. The woman then started walking towards me as if she wanted to say something, and I obviously buried myself under my duvet, refusing to look out again until morning. My mum was fascinated when I told her and thought it was certain family members. Looking back, I wish had the guts to wait and see what the woman said.

My brother woke up one night when he was really young, opened the curtains and saw a green monstery type thing right outside his bedroom window [on the second floor]. Apparently he screamed and ran round the house trying to find Mum & Dad [even looked in the toilet for them! ha]. The monster apparently looked exactly like Slimer from ghostbusters [which he hadn't seen yet], which of course meant no end of mockery. I have just realised that mine and his story both happened in the bedroom I'm currently in. Joy.

Other small random happenings: I've felt someone tickle my foot in bed [so now no part of my body is ever out of the duvet], heard people walking/running up the stairs/opening cupboards. I also remember a few years ago when I was trying to sleep, I heard someone walk into my room and then walk around my bed, as if stopping by the window to look out. Daamn, I just remembered I also heard someone scratching at my door, like they had banged the door with their hand and then just scratched slowly down it once.

A friend of mine is very spiritual/hippy/believes in everything paranormal/spiritual etc and she has some scary stories. She stayed over here once and I couldn't help asking her if she picked up on anything. Apparently my brother told her not to tell me what she knew as he knew it would freak me out. Once I pointed out how much more paranoid that made me, she tried to reassure me by saying whatever she felt/knew had been there a long time and was not dangerous. She also freaked me out by telling me that people can create bad entities - if you believe something bad/ghostly is nearby, then the more negative thoughts/energy you put into that belief, the more likely it is to happen. Like you can create bad energy. Cheers for that!

Haha, considering I don't actually know what I believe, I've got quite a few stories.

eta: daaaamn, sorry for the long post! I didn't think I was writing that much!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:05 pm 
Tofu Pup

I enjoy ghost stories. But I am a sceptic. I've had moments of eeriness that I can't explain but rationally I can't jump to a paranormal answer. It's fun to think of it as a ghost or something else but can't conclude that it is supernatural.

I can backup Beccaful's random noises and bumps in the night though. I've heard them, they are weird.

Oh, yeah. Was gonna ask. What do people think will happen if they upset/annoy a ghost? Like the examples of people not wanting to talk about their experiences. What will physically happen if they do? What is there to be afraid of?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 pm 
Impressive boner

Bump!

Hallowe'en is only at the end of next month so bring your scary ghost stories!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:28 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was going to bump this!

I don't know if this is so much a ghost story, or a sneaky sort of alien story.

This past winter I was up in bed with the window open. It was raining pretty hard, and had been all day. So the ground was good and mushy and squishy.

I was reading, so I know I wasn't dozing off or anything like that. I heard foot steps. Slurpy muddy footsteps in the back yard, plain as day. I get up and look out the window and see nothing. But then duh... my light is on. So I go over to the other bedroom on that side of the house and look out that window. In fact I lean out that window. Still nothing. I go downstairs and tell Vypati and he goes outside to look around. He doesn't see anything. And there were no footprnts the next morning.
It couldn't have been the neighbors, because I would have seen them when I leaned out the window. And it wasn't a "creature" or if it was it was big and heavy enough sounding to be even more scary than a ghost.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:10 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I should not be reading this thread. Too scary.

Anyway, I grew up in a house I always felt was haunted. My first experiences were when I was very little and was all alone. I would hear my name being called. There were different voices doing it. And the voices weren't coming from one direction, but were coming from *everywhere*. Like surround sound. I remember walking around and trying to find where the voices were coming from. That didn't happen again until years later when I was in high school. I was sitting in the dining room doing homework when I smelled rotting flesh. I had never smelled anything that was rotting before, but it was one of those smells that you just know exactly what it is (and since then when I smell that exact same smell, I have found a rotting animal close to where I'm standing--so I know what I smelled that day). I can't remember if it was my name being called out or "Hello." Then it happened again shortly after that. I smelled rotting flesh in the dining room for maybe a week. The dining room is not where we actually ate. We only used it about once a year if there was company over. We always ate on the second floor of the house in our rooms. I was also the only one who could smell the strong rotting smell.

I always saw things out of the corner of my eye. There's one creepy asparagus woman I used to see who looked like a stereotypical ghost. Like she had a terrifying looking face and a scary look. One night I woke up and she was floating above me coming toward me in a menacing manner. My cats would always see things I couldn't and they'd get scared or suddenly look at something I couldn't see.

In the late '80s, my brother moved into the attic. He had a lot of terrifying experiences and swore something was wrong (he was 8 years older than me, so not a scared kid). He ended up going a bit mad and I won't go any further into that because it seems disrespectful. Anyway, after he died in '93, I was looking through his journals and they were super disturbing and there was a line about wanting the ghosts out of his head. It was written over and over... like in the Shining.

Anyway, I always found the attic terrifying. I could feel something dark and evil. Pretty much the only evidence I have is a *feeling* and my friends felt it too when I brought them up there. One day, I was on the second floor and I heard dripping upstairs. I went upstairs and saw a huge puddle on the floor. It hadn't rained or snowed or anything like that. My mom called a plumber and there weren't any pipes in the ceiling or anything. There also was no evidence of that puddle.

I could go on and on about what I have experienced in that house. The thing is, whenever I go to visit, I always forget that it's haunted, and a part of me has wondered as I've gotten older if there was anything paranormal going on at all. It's like, I'm really trying to be logical about it all and I find it hard to believe in ghosts or any of that. Even though I've had a lot of paranormal experiences in and out of the house.

Now on to something that won't scare me when talking about it. I'm what people would call psychic, but not to a high degree or anything like that. And I don't think it has anything to do with the spiritual world. More like I think I'm just able to use a part of my brain that not all have access to. I think it goes beyond intuition, but again, I don't think it's out of the ordinary. I think a lot of people can kinda do the same thing. Like when you think about someone you haven't thought of in years and that person calls you right after. Most are a bit psychic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 pm 

I want to share a couple non-scary and happy things now.

My grandfather died in the late '80s and I sometimes can smell him. I sometimes also smell my brother who passed away. So while I try not to believe in stuff, part of me thinks that they're with me when I smell them.

There have been times in my life where I've been in trouble and something miraculous has happened (that sounded religious!). Like when I was in second grade and I had to walk to my foster family's house for the first time from school. The second I started walking in the wrong direction, my brother came out of nowhere and took my hand and walked me to the house. He's 6 years older and wouldn't have been near my path since we didn't go to the same school.

My senior year of school, there were days when I woke with a feeling of dread and didn't want to go to school. I didn't miss that many days of school, but there were 4 arsons (yes, really, 4 and it was a huge school) at my school that year... and I was absent for all. One was huge and caused $700,000 in damages. I would have been terrified had I been there for that.

Anyway, I have a million of these types of stories. I'm not saying that no bad things happen to me, but at least some bad things have been prevented.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:36 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

bastah... That is super freaky. (Which I kinda love, in the daylight)

I totally get the psychic thing. I have always been able to be that step ahead. It freaks people out.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

My grandparents lived in this house when I was younger. It was built in the late 1800s, and supposedly someone hung himself in the top rounded room. My grandparents told me from the very beginning that the house was filled with spirits, but they never meant any harm. They sort of lived together in peace. My grandpa would constantly see bright energy that looked like a girl and they would watch t.v. together. My grandma would be in her office and see not anything hazy, but a distinct human. I remember sitting in the living room alone for what should have only been 15 minutes while my grandma was upstairs getting ready. Everything was so eerie and hazy, not scary, but "off". I felt like I had waited an hour for my grandma to come down. When she finally was there with me I felt like everything was real again, like I had woken from a dream.

When my grandparents moved out the new owners stripped it clean, remodeled the original kitchen, dining room and living room, cut down almost every tree bush and flower and painted it white. They eventually went bankrupt halfway through the process so the house was left a mess. It had been vandalized and squatters were staying in it. My dad and I would visit it to make sure people weren't breaking in and such and the energy of the house was so scary. The spirits were obviously pissed off and my dad and I could hardly stand to stay in there for long because the energy was just too terrible. I remember my dad also being frightened when he was in the old chicken coop/shed. It has an open upstairs and my dad was up there looking around. He heard loud footsteps, felt bad energy and yelled for whatever was there to go away. The noise stopped, and we drove away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:10 pm 

That is the most beautiful house I have ever seen. It looks like an amazing doll house. It's so sad that it didn't stay beautiful

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so in love with this thread. I also had several communications with people who have passed on, so I can relate. One of them had something like a standing invitation at my place and would come visit occasionally until he... went somewhere else, I guess. The last mental image I got when I tired to contact him was the universe and stars, and a feeling of calm.
That might sound really weird and new-agey, but I experienced it, and to me it's real (and that's all that matters).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:12 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i have a few more to write up, stories of things that happened to me in japan. just to make myself feel obliged to write next week, i will give you a teaser.... just the first sentence (and this really happened, i was there)

Douggie saw the hand rise out of the water just as they decided to turn the rowboat around and return to shore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

O_O

YES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:00 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

My friend Andy's uncle committed suicide in the back of his car which Andy later inherited (post clean-up). We called it the death cab and if you turned the radio up past a certain volume, there would be a weird buzzing noise and then it would turn itself off. Also, sitting in the backseat (where he committed suicide) was hella creepy.

Andy also inherited an incredible amount of toilet paper and socks from the same uncle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

bastah wrote:
I want to share a couple non-scary and happy things now.

My grandfather died in the late '80s and I sometimes can smell him. I sometimes also smell my brother who passed away. So while I try not to believe in stuff, part of me thinks that they're with me when I smell them.

Happy ghost story:
My ex's grandmother had died around the time my ex's cousin (from the other side of their family, so not directly related to the deceased) had a kid and was looking for a house, so they bought the house and moved in.

Occasionally, the deceased grandmother came and soothed the baby (around 1ish years old). For example, the kid would be crying, but then would stop, before the mother got there, and then the mom would hear the kid "talking" to someone and clearly interacting, not just babbling to itself.

Also, the grandmother would sit on the couch, push aside the curtain and look out the window a lot. Even when there was no couch around there, or anyone pushing aside the curtain, they would come home and find it pushed aside.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:08 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

So growing up we lived in a 4 bedroom house- most of the time it was just me, by brothers, and my parents. On weekends it would be my sisters too. We lived there from when I was 8 to about 15. Every single day in that entire time we lived there my parents would yell at us for running up and down the stairs in the middle of the night. Every day we would all deny doing it, I think my parents started to believe it was a giant conspiracy against them. Well this went on for a while. Eventually for whatever reason all of the kids were out of the house one night. My parents still heard someone running up and down the stairs.

This is the same house - when I was younger I would have a lot of nightmares. I would wake up sweating, my heart pounding, and sometimes even scream. Not all the time, but sometimes when I would wake up from a nightmare I would feel a pressure on the bed (almost like someone sat down next to me) and the feeling of someone giving me a hug from behind, or stroking my hair. I was young enough that this didn't actually scare me, but usually calm me down enough to go back to sleep.

We would find small muddy footprints in the kitchen (too small to be mine, but I still got blamed) ann once when my older brothers girlfriend was at the house picking something up from my mom. My friend Sammy asked who the women and the little girl was. I asked what little girl, and she told me she saw a little girl with curly brown hair at the top of the stairs. I told her there wasn't any children in the house, but we went and checked anyways. I asked my mom who the little girl was, she said there wasn't any children. Sammy went stark white, and asked to be taken home.

It was never a scary presents, and the house was built in the 70's so I'm not too sure who it could have been. But, little things like that happened all of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

i'm so excited to see this thread revived! i also have a new story.

last month something really terrible happened at the co-op i work at. one of our managers shot and killed another manager in the store. the man who died was shot from behind, in the head, and may not even have known what happened. anyway, the day after it happened we had a store-wide staff meeting, to answer questions, talk about how we were feeling, to be informed on where we could find support, etc. my co-worker/friend shannon was there with a 1yr old kid she was babysitting. after the meeting shannon and i were standing at the end of one of the grocery aisles talking. the aisle we were standing at the end of looks down into the grocery stock room, which is near the office where the shooting happened. she was holding the kid, and then he just started WAVING toward the stock room. as if someone were down there waving back to him. it seemed like he was really interacting with something we couldn't see.

a week later we had another staff meeting to check-in. at that meeting several people mentioned having thought they had seen him (the man who died). everyone passed it off as tricks of their imagination or their brains just trying to make sense of something, which i agree is totally possible. but that experience with the baby made me think that maybe he is still around.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:55 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

If I ever see a ghost, I hope I have the presence of mind to say "G-g-g-ghost!" and then spin my legs in circles with my arms outstretched.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm 
Impressive boner

torque wrote:
i have a few more to write up, stories of things that happened to me in japan. just to make myself feel obliged to write next week, i will give you a teaser.... just the first sentence (and this really happened, i was there)

Douggie saw the hand rise out of the water just as they decided to turn the rowboat around and return to shore.

Whose hand was it?? I need to know more!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:40 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

8ball wrote:
I need to know more!

believe it or not, i've actually been working on the story, and it will be up within a week. haven't forgotten!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:46 pm 
WRETCHED

bastah wrote:

I took care of my uncle who was dying and we talked a lot. For years after his death, I'd smell him, especially when I was troubled or thought about him. It hasn't happened in a few years but probably 2-3 years ago, all of a sudden I smelled him one day after almost forgetting about it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I am far too scared to read this thread right now! I don't think I will ever sleep again after that plague nightmare face over the bed one! My stories are a little more playful and light, although two of my close friend's mothers had (separate) experiences with ouiji boards that they refuse to talk about and become very distressed at the memory of. Their total sincerity and fear makes me shiver.

My ex-boyfriend lived in a really old house in rural Sussex. One night I woke up to the sight of his figure, black in the half dark, standing over the bed looking at me. I was just about to ask him what on earth he was doing there when I realized with the strangest sinking feeling that he (my bf) was actually *still asleep next to me*. The figure did not fade or disappear.

Also, my friend had a big ol pink rampant rabbit vibrator, she thought it was funny to leave it in plain view on the windowsill. She would hear thumping and there were strange inexplicable little glowing spots of lights in her room that would move around at night. She was really scared, she said she could feel a presence. She was even more scared after her crasshole housemate screamed at it to fork off, she was sure that disrespect had upset/angered it. So, one morning she wakes up to find that on the outside of her high 3rd floor window, somebody had written in the morning dew "nice dildo."

After that, she politely and gently asked the ghost if he would mind going to live somewhere else. :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:10 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

lizzi_lunch wrote:
My ex-boyfriend lived in a really old house in rural Sussex. One night I woke up to the sight of his figure, black in the half dark, standing over the bed looking at me. I was just about to ask him what on earth he was doing there when I realized with the strangest sinking feeling that he (my bf) was actually *still asleep next to me*. The figure did not fade or disappear.

***SCREEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!***

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next