| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: ghost stories!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:26 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have a new story!
We bought a house back in January. And all was quiet for the first month or two. But pretty soon we started hearing footsteps in the back bedroom. This bedroom happens to be mine. Not a big deal, but enough noise that was unexplainable for me to tell a friend.
She came and poked around a bit and said she thought she heard something in the room too.
Here we are, in October and I have had the door lock on me, a voice wake me up and finally the worst was having a small container that had been sitting in the middle of my desk be placed in the middle of the floor upright with all its belongings still in it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 pm 
Chip Strong

kfad wrote:
I have a new story!
We bought a house back in January. And all was quiet for the first month or two. But pretty soon we started hearing footsteps in the back bedroom. This bedroom happens to be mine. Not a big deal, but enough noise that was unexplainable for me to tell a friend.
She came and poked around a bit and said she thought she heard something in the room too.
Here we are, in October and I have had the door lock on me, a voice wake me up and finally the worst was having a small container that had been sitting in the middle of my desk be placed in the middle of the floor upright with all its belongings still in it.

Whoa!! You should run a video recorder in your room for a few hours!

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Kfad, holy crepe!!
I guess it's time to start writing!! i have a slow day today, we'll see what i can stir up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 am 
Impressive boner

I love this thread!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

takecare wrote:
kfad wrote:
I have a new story!

Yes yes yes yes! Please! Wait, that sounds awesome for us, but horrible for you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:01 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

bastah wrote:
takecare wrote:
kfad wrote:
I have a new story!

Yes yes yes yes! Please! Wait, that sounds awesome for us, but horrible for you.

but what if we were all expecting to see ghosts but instead it turned out to be susuwatari or helpful elves?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

There's one room in particular in my boyfriend's basement that's a bit spooky. A girl was hanging out down there when she said one ear was covered, and all she could hear out of the other one was inaudible whispering. She freaked out and refused to ever go back down there. She's pretty untrustworthy so i wouldn't count that as a reliable source, but both me and my boyfriend have felt some negativity in there.
So my boy used to have his bedroom in the basement right off of that room, then he moved to college and the room was rented out to this guy, J. J was very sexist and racist (only referring to people of different races by VERY rude terms). We kept waiting and waiting and waiting for him to move out, and finally he did so my boyfriend got to move back into the basement. He now says he doesn't feel the negativity in the room. We still think something is there, especially after his yoga mat was moved across the room and covered in footprints while we slept, but it doesn't seem harmful. We figured that the spirits didn't like J either. They were off in another realm burning sage and chanting trying to make J leave. Now that he's gone, they don't mind us as much because at least we're not racist sexist jerks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:05 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

i am generally a skeptic, but there are some things that have happened to me that have no explanation.

i think the house i grew up in may be a teeny bit haunted, though a lot of these events happened about 15 years ago when i was 10 years old. the most puzzling thing that happened was when my bedroom door locked by itself from the inside while i was getting ready for school - woke up, went to the bathroom, went back upstairs and the door was closed and locked. this was unusual because it's the type of lock that needs to be manually turned by a skeleton key, so it's not like one of those doors that can be accidentally locked. to make it even creepier, the key had been turned as far as it could possibly go - so if you were to turn it one full rotation, the mechanism would lock and the key would be upright in the keyhole and you'd be able to poke it out the keyhole from the other side. however, you could keep turning it perhaps another 270 degrees until it hit the other side of the mechanism (and was no longer aligned with the keyhole), and that's how far it had turned. my dad had to take the doorknob apart to get back in the room.

as well, around that time, i used to 'wake up' with sleep paralysis a lot. once i woke up and couldn't move, but it felt like all my hair was blowing around my face and some of it got stuffed in my mouth. when i could finally move, i had to pull it out. maybe i dreamed it and did it to myself, maybe i didn't... but i was terrified.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:13 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

you have to be bad when even the spirits want you to GTFO.

i have been thinking about how to write up the next story but wanted to share a funny little one in the meantime.

The Japanese lake I wrote about before really exists, and I used to go there all the time. To get there, you had to go through a tunnel, maybe a good kilometer long through a mountain. not so uncommon for japan.
once my japanese got decent i heard the secretaries in my school talking about going out to the lake and having creepy things happen. i came to understand that my friend's husband had been convoying with friends to the lake, and upon going through the tunnel looked down and saw that his hand on the steering wheel was a foot. i thought it was kind of funny, but apparently this momentary hand-foot or left-hand-is-now-right-hand swappage is something that regularly happened to people going through this tunnel. i started asking around and heard it from many people. the people then crash their cars, and wake up completely sure their hands are "wrong", or in some cases, they just disappear entirely from the tunnel, their cars found empty in the vicinity. and there were definitely lots of accidents in that tunnel- to be fair it was a small, dark tunnel with crappy signage and heaven forbid you were trying to walk or bike through it because there was no room for silliness.

so at that time i was dating Mr Wrong, who owned a bar and a motorcycle shop and moonlighted as a tattoo artist for the yakuza (i swear to dog. best years of my life. He's still out there doing good tattoos while being an utter crasshole, as far as I can tell.). Anyway he loved practical jokes, and one night a few of us were at the bar talking about the tunnel and the ghost that peeped through his bar bathroom window (referenced many pages above), and we came up with the best stupid drunk idea.
he said that one time his bike broke down in the tunnel and he had to push it through, and while humping it out noticed there were structures on the ceiling, maybe for lights or something that never got put in. he had always wanted to go back there and hang up a ghost or something. so we decided we were going to hang up a pulley and rig up one of those tetherballs and cover it with a sheet, that way someone could pull it up and down and make it swoop around. So it's like 2 in the morning and he calls some lackey, who shows up with a tetherball, and we get a pulley from the shop, and drive out there. It's immediately clear that his jeep is too short, the other cars are even shorter, and there will have to be ladders involved and we're all getting sober and realizing how bad an idea this is.
So it's decided we'll all go back the next week, better equipped. But there were other things going on (cute Brazilians in town, namely), and most of us had lost interest, and so it turned out I wasn't there.
He and his lackies go out there to hang up the "ghost". They enter the tunnel and see a ghostly light about halfway in. Ghostly orange. Then they're blinded by a very bright unearthly light. Like a spotlight. And there's a megaphone. The cops are parked in the middle of the tunnel waiting for them, scare the crepe out of them, and they crash their car into the tunnel wall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:54 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
but what if we were all expecting to see ghosts but instead it turned out to be susuwatari or helpful elves?

If they are helpful elves, why can't they clean my bathroom?

Actually once we started doing the remodel in there (sort of) the footsteps moved to the family room. And the cats are often found playing with "something" in the family room.

What is very weird to me is that this house is not that old. I think it was built in 72 or 73. But the activity is pretty interesting. If I do any EVP work, I will be sure to share it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yay, ghost story thread is back!

I have something for you. It's not really a ghost story, but you might like to read it. And it's entirely true.

Back when we moved into our current flat (something like 1 1/2 years ago now), we originally wanted to make what's now the office into a bedroom. But the bed didn't fit right, and the light is better for working than sleeping, so we decided to put the bedroom where the previous tenants had theirs too. And for the first three nights in a row, alone in the new flat, I dreamed I was dying. Each dream was very vivid, and each time I died a different unnatural death. So I smudged the whole place with sage, going along each wall clockwise, and ringing a bell at each door or window - and after that I didn't have any more nightmares.

No matter what you think about all that... isn't it a nice and creepy little story, perfect for October?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:19 pm 
WRETCHED

kfad wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

If they are helpful elves, why can't they clean my bathroom?

Actually once we started doing the remodel in there (sort of) the footsteps moved to the family room. And the cats are often found playing with "something" in the family room.

What is very weird to me is that this house is not that old. I think it was built in 72 or 73. But the activity is pretty interesting. If I do any EVP work, I will be sure to share it.

I don't think a house has to be very old, I mean the house I grew up in the 80s (built in the 50s? 60s?) was haunted. I won't pretend to know what things are but I think there are such things as echoes of the past and there may be other things that are more active. I'd just ask whatever it is to either move on or please not disturb you as they no longer live there and you do. From what I've heard and seen, that works better than you would expect it to.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:30 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

kfad wrote:
I have a new story!

At first when I read this I thought this was in the distant past. Upon my re-read, I realized you are still there, and now I'm terrified. Are you freaked? What did the voice say?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am not freaked out. At this point it is literally just annoying.
All the voice said was "Hello" and once "Wake up"
The most recent things are the sense that something is rushing by me and then something close to me gets knocked over.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:11 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

My story isn't really a ghost story but about my mom and my experience after she died. My mom died when I was 25 and I still lived at home. She had congestive heart failure and died instantly of a heart attack in our kitchen. My dad came home later that day (I was at work) to find our cat Hilary going nuts.

Anyway, one night soon afterwards, I was home alone. My dad came home late a lot; I think he couldn't deal with it. I was sitting, watching TV and crying very hard. I got up, went into the kitchen and was standing at the sink. Suddenly someone hugged me around the waist from behind and I immediately felt better/soothed. I knew it was my mom, trying to comfort me.

I also had a dream that she was in her bed, sick and I wanted to get in with her like I did when I was a child. She said "No, you can't. [pause]. Don't be afraid of dying." then I woke up.

I haven't had any more experiences but I know that one time it was definitely my mom.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:29 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

New and bothersome development in the haunted house saga.
I work from home. I am usually the only person in the house from about 9 in the morning until about 4 in the afternoon, most weekdays.

Today I am answering emails and all of a sudden the room reeks of perfume. Very sweet, and heavy. It is intermittent and it is bugging the fork out of me. I have been alone in the house for three hours now. There is no reason I can figure out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:15 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

kfad wrote:
I work from home. I am usually the only person in the house from about 9 in the morning until about 4 in the afternoon, most weekdays.

Today I am answering emails and all of a sudden the room reeks of perfume. Very sweet, and heavy. It is intermittent and it is bugging the fork out of me. I have been alone in the house for three hours now. There is no reason I can figure out.

I think that is called phantom scents.... do you know anybody who has passed that wore anything similar, while they were still in the flesh? maybe it's a loved one trying to get your attention?

I know I get a very strong smoke scent when my guides are close by :-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm 
WRETCHED

I've had a smoke scent before and there is a particular scent associated with my uncle. Although any presence is slightly annoying, I'd still ask the spirit to get a move on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Nope. At first I though it was my 16 year old.
And the only thing my grandmother wore was Chantilly (both grammies actually).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:34 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I've had a couple of really cool experiences with loved ones who have passed on... well they freaked me out at the time, but are cool with hindsight :-)

my great aunt passed on Christmas back in 1984 and I took it pretty hard and was inconsolable for weeks. I was feeling a lot of guilt as she had been asking us to come visit her just a few weeks before she passed, and being the moody teenager I was, I really just didn't want to drive the 8hrs to El Paso to see her.

one night my mom came into my room to try and comfort me and I really wouldn't have anything to do with it, when suddenly... and it's weird to describe this because I remember EXACTLY what I was doing, but I had zero control over it... I motioned to my mom to hang on a moment and went into the bathroom and grabbed a hand mirror. I came out and sat on the edge of the bed and motioned my mom to join me. I then began to 'make faces' at myself while looking in the mirror. my mom sat there in stunned silence. after a few moments the face in the mirror morphed into that of my great aunt and we clearly saw her looking at us with great love and compassion. my mom was in tears at this point (I may have screamed and freaked out a bit), she told me that when I was a baby, my great aunt would make faces at me as a way to soothe and comfort me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:39 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i have been working at home alone and i keep getting flavor blasts of root beer. searched the kitchen high and low. i figure i have brain issues mood wise, i probably have weird brain stuff going on with sensing smells too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:45 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

At my last apartment, I came home at night to one of the burners of my stove on high and the flames were at least a foot tall. It was a small studio apartment, I lived alone, and hadn't used the stove all day, so I probably would have noticed if I left the house with giant flames in the kitchen. Also, if I accidentally leaned on or bumped into the knob, it wouldn't have turned all the way around to high.

Nothing odd ever happened again, so I'm a bit skeptical. The landlady (who was a little nuts) and maintenance also had access to my apartment, but I don't know why they would go in and turn on my stove.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm 
Impressive boner

dangersquirrel wrote:
kfad wrote:

I think that is called phantom scents.... do you know anybody who has passed that wore anything similar, while they were still in the flesh? maybe it's a loved one trying to get your attention?

I know I get a very strong smoke scent when my guides are close by :-)

I sometimes get wafts of YSL Paris or Chanel No5, which are both perfumes my mother wears. She is 'touched', as in she experiences supernatural things more than anyone else I know, so maybe she's napping and dreaming about me when I smell those scents.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:59 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have two stories. Here's the first: My husband is Italian and his grandparents hated hated hated the Sopranos. They thought it put Italian-Americans in a bad light and all of that. Well, shortly after we moved from Chicago to LV we went through a Sopranos on DVD re-watch and every single time, our ceiling fan/light combo in the living room would just turn on. Every time. We kind of laughed and said "we get it Grandpa, you hate the Sopranos!" (His grandparents had both recently passed away within a week of each other.) My husband would turn it off and we'd go on. My husband checked the wiring and the connections and everything was fine.

Then one day, it turned on full blast, meaning the ceiling fan was going so fast it was shaking. It wouldn't turn off either with the rocker switch on the wall or with the remote. Then, the dogs started going berserk and my husband heard banging outside, so he heads to the backyard to investigate. I started to freak out. I actually started crying and said "Please stop! You're scaring the shiitake out of me!" It stopped and hasn't happened since (about 9 years).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:22 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Second story, which is a bit long. I think its pretty good though; it still creeps me out thinking about it.

There was a house on Munger Road in unincorporated Chicago suburbia. It was typically rural, set back from a forest preserve, nothing around it but a railroad track that ran past the front of the house. Urban legend had it that years ago a train derailed and killed everyone in the house and if you stopped your car on the tracks and turned on the engine, your car wouldn't start again. So of course, my friends want to go investigate this.

I was driving and yeah, it was creepy. Forest preserve, desolate, gravel road, the whole bit. Could have been my head, but the place was just wrong, you know? I refused to stop on the tracks though. We get there and I drive past the house. It was kind of tilted, just looked white and abandoned, nothing too descript. The road dead ends so I turn around to head back out. The 2 guys in the group want to get out and look around, so I stop. After a few minutes they come bolting back and they are all "just drive drive drive!" They said this dog came out of nowhere and was chasing them. So I'm bolting through this narrow gravel forest preserve road and then see headlights behind me, which are gaining. I couldn't wait to get out on the main road to civilization and be done with this place.

Years later at work, around Halloween, we were exchanging Halloween type stories and there was a lady who was really into stuff like that. She'd been to all of the famous haunted places in Chicago and was doing some sort of tour, and she said "but there is one place I'll never go back to and that is Munger Road." I'm all "get out, I want there once" and told her my story. Its not a real famous ghost story, so it was kind of neat that someone else knew about it. So, Wendy's story:

Her and his sister drove out there during the day with her kid in the carseat in the back. They pull up in front of the tracks and are just looking around. A cop pulls up next to her and just says, looking forward, "what are you ladies doing here?" and they reply "oh, we heard this place is haunted, and we're dumb, sorry, we'll leave," yada yada. He laughs and said "this place isn't haunted but you should leave" and drives forward (toward the dead end mind you). Then her kid starts screaming in the backseat, so they go home.

They are at her hosue and her husband comes home and he is all "wendy, where the hell were you today?" kind of angrily. "I just washed the car, what the fizzle?" She goes outside and on the side where her kid was seated, there are little muddy handprints down the side of the car. Now she's spooked and she decides to really look into things. She calls the nearest suburb to where Munger Road is, because she didn't recall markings on the police car, and she is told that they do not have a police force because its unincorporated and remote, and they just go out there if called. Sure enough, they have no record of a call out that day. She also finds out that a family with 2 little kids and a dog were all killed and that a cop was killed (I think the father was the cop).

Now, that is weird and all, esp the handprints, but she could have been making it all up. The part that gets me though, which I didn't think about until Wendy told me her story years later, is the part about the headlights behind me when I was driving away. I saw with my own eyes the street did dead end, so where did those headlights come from?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next