| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: ghost stories!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:25 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

yup, new favorite thread..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

you dudes are freaking me out!
I remember when I was little I always wanted to see ghosts, but never did.
I'm jealous!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

When we first moved into the house that my parents live in now I was 9 or 10 and for a few years I would feel the presence of a little boy on my bed. I wasn't freaked out by it, but he would always be there while I was changing so, to this day, I still get dressed facing away from my bed.

Another one happened when I was 4 or 5. My grandpa (mom's dad) died a few years before I was born and I only knew what he looked like from one picture I had of him at the time where he was in him Navy uniform. Then one night we were staying at my grandma's house and (I honestly can't remember if what happened next was a dream or not) but I walked into the kitchen to get something to drink and the fridge door was open and there was a man bending down looking inside it and all I could see were his plaid pyjama pants. Then he stood up and looked at me and I just had this feeling it was my Grandpa Rudy. He looked completely different from the picture I was familiar with. He wasn't young and handsome anymore. His face was a little puffy and he was definitely older and heavier...but I still had this incredible feeling that it was him. I went back to sleep and I told my mom everything the next morning: the pants, how he was leaning into the fridge, and his appearance. My mom got this big smile on her face and said "that's my dad". Years later I saw more pictures of him, some of which were taken when he was sick with cancer....and his face had gotten puffier and looked exactly like the man I saw in my grandma's kitchen.

Also, the summer before my senior year in high school I did an art program at RISD and stayed in one of the dorms. There were all these stories going around about how a student hung themselves in one of the lower levels of my dorm but who knows how true that is. Well one night I was taking a shower and was the only one in the bathroom and I see this hand on the other side of the curtain and it moved down to the floor in a really bizarre, jerky way. I was teeeerrrified and ran out of the shower with my hair still soapy. One of the trash cans had been emptied onto the floor and paper towels were everywhere. There still wasn't anyone in the bathroom and the door was really loud so I would have been able to hear if someone had come in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 am 
Impressive boner

torque wrote:
we had a conversation that terrified the shiitake out of me.

Pleeeaaaase tell us about the conversation???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:44 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I remembered another one, not that exciting. One of the sisters from my previous story, Jeanette, had weird ghost-related dreams and stuff. So one night, she had a dream in which her mom (who died many years ago) was bent over talking to a child. Jeanette thought it was another cousin's kid and said his name, but the mom shook her head. "Who is that kid, then?" Jeanette asked and the mom just smiled as if she had a secret and walked away. Jeanette wrote down what she could remember about the kid's appearance when she woke up. Turns out she was pregnant, but didn't know yet. After her kid got a little older, like 4 or 5, and she forgot all about the dream, she realized that her son now looked exactly like the kid she dreamed about years before. She went back to the journal where she wrote the discription and it matched perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:56 am 
Thinks Stonewall's jerquee tastes GREAT!

joyfulgirl wrote:
I remembered another one, not that exciting. One of the sisters from my previous story, Jeanette, had weird ghost-related dreams and stuff. So one night, she had a dream in which her mom (who died many years ago) was bent over talking to a child. Jeanette thought it was another cousin's kid and said his name, but the mom shook her head. "Who is that kid, then?" Jeanette asked and the mom just smiled as if she had a secret and walked away. Jeanette wrote down what she could remember about the kid's appearance when she woke up. Turns out she was pregnant, but didn't know yet. After her kid got a little older, like 4 or 5, and she forgot all about the dream, she realized that her son now looked exactly like the kid she dreamed about years before. She went back to the journal where she wrote the discription and it matched perfectly.

Wow, that is a beautiful story.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:49 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I am terriefied by ghosts and ghost stories, why did I ever read thins thread?

Anyway, the only thing I can contribute with is I lived in a furnished apartment for a year some time ago, I had no landline but there was an old phone, disconnected, in a drawer in my bedroom. Two separate times the phone rung, and when I picked it up, once I heard someone asking for an old lady. I don't know who was living there before me, but I think it was an old lady. In any case, the phone was disconnected at the time, what the fizzle???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:24 am 
Bought a wardrobe full of Affliction t-shirts

i too have been seeing and feeling spirits since i was very small. unless a spirit feels bad i don't really pay too much attention. it actually feels weirder to me to live in a house without spirits, than with. it's also a family trait passed from both parents. if one of us (especially my brother) says "i have a feeling..." you'd better shut up and listen.

i was very close to my granny. she had been in a nursing home (in another state) due to alzheimers for about a year. one morning in december of '81 i was home from school with bronchitis. sitting at the piano i looked up at her picture and a sense of peace came over me and i just knew it was time. at about ten that evening the phone rang. it was my aunt e calling to tell us that granny had passed away. i'm sure she thought i was some kind of bisque, because all i said was i'd let mom and dad know and have them call her.

the most visually spectacular ghost i encountered was my grandpa r. not a blood relation, but my g-pa all the same. he lived directly across the street from my parents. from the breakfast nook in our kitchen you could see straight out the front door and see his porch. in the summer the maple tree in our yard obscured his front door and the top of the porch. you could only see the bottom two steps. during his life g-pa r was in the habit of sitting on the porch in the evening with his coffee and smoking. he always wore bib overalls and when the weather was fine he'd sit out there barefoot. he'd been gone about 4 months and my brother and i were sitting at the table goofing off. i had my back to the door and d was facing it. suddenly his eyes got huge and he asked me what i saw through the front door. peeking out below the branches of the tree i saw two denim covered calves and bare feet. we both took off for the front door at a dead run. of course by the time we got there he was gone.

it should be noted that this is the same g-pa that d's then 2 year old waved to every night when she got out of the car at mom's. ( a visit to meemaw's was a nightly requirement.) this continued for months after he died and we could not convince her that he wasn't there. suddenly one night she looked across the street and seemed puzzled that he wasn't around. half an hour later we got a phone call from his daughter in law that they had closed on the house that afternoon.

yeah, we can be really creepy.

Last edited by barbie on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:25 am 
So Totally Yiffy

helsinki wrote:
Also, the summer before my senior year in high school I did an art program at RISD and stayed in one of the dorms. There were all these stories going around about how a student hung themselves in one of the lower levels of my dorm but who knows how true that is. Well one night I was taking a shower and was the only one in the bathroom and I see this hand on the other side of the curtain and it moved down to the floor in a really bizarre, jerky way. I was teeeerrrified and ran out of the shower with my hair still soapy. One of the trash cans had been emptied onto the floor and paper towels were everywhere. There still wasn't anyone in the bathroom and the door was really loud so I would have been able to hear if someone had come in.

Whoa, that's creepy! I went to RISD for college, and there were lots of rumors about the dorms being haunted. My own not-too-exciting RISD story is that I always used to hear what sounded like the people on the next floor up moving heavy furniture around. One day, I finally met the people who lived directly above me and asked them about it. They looked confused and told me they never moved their furniture, but they went on to say that people on their floor (which was the top floor, nothing above it except maybe a small attic space) would often hear footsteps running back and forth in the ceiling - definitely human footsteps, not mice or squirrels.

I sort of wish I had some better ghost stories, but on the other hand, this stuff freaks me out so much that maybe it's better this way!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:56 am 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

I love this thread! I just have eerie experiences to share. I might have told this one on the old board.

I don't remember this happening since I was only 4, but my mom told me about it. Our family was on a vacation in a cabin near Big Bear Lake. My mom said that when we first got to the cabin, she didn't like the place that it just felt off and she couldn't figure out why. One night she was having a restless night, and felt the need to go check on me and my sister sleeping in one of the other rooms. She peeked in the room and I was gone from my bed. She found me walking down the stairs heading to the door. After she shouted my name several times, I stopped and woke up. I was sleepwalking, and when she asked where I was going, I told her I was going to go play with the little girl outside. There was no one outside of course, and it was the first and last time I have ever sleepwalked.

A friend of mine died when we were in high school. He got into a car accident. Not that long after he passed, I had a dream about him. We were at a place with a lot of people and there were lots of indoor swimming pools, and since he was on the swim team at school, it made sense that he would be there I guess. I saw him coming out of the pool and he came up to me. I asked him what he was doing there because I knew he was dead, and I told him that we all missed him and asked him why he was there. And he said, smiling, that everything was fine and he was okay then he gave me a big hug. I woke up right after that, crying hysterically.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:00 am 
WRETCHED

Since we are talking about creepy stuff. When I was in high school, I kept having dreams of my mom as a kid riding in the back seat of a black car with a bunch of other kids. I could describe the car perfectly and I'm sure now I could even find a picture of a car that looked like the picture in my mind. Anyway, when I told my mom about my dreams and the car and kids, my mom told me that I described my great grandma's car perfectly and the other kids sounded like her cousins. She said her grandma often took care of her and some of her cousins and would drive them places in her black sedan.

And more recently...

I've actually been having difficulty because I'm having major deja vu. Like I experience things, know certain things are true and then they 'really' happen. It has been messing with me majorly. At first, I would argue with people that something already happened and what were they talking about but then looking at emails, news, etc, it is something current. So recently, I've had to double check things that I thought happened in the past to make sure it isn't something that just happened.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

We had an experience last night! To prelude, my cat passed away almost a month ago. My husband and I were in bed, about to fall asleep, when we both felt a "cat" come between us and lie down. "It" started kneading my legs as cats are wont to do, and then I swear, for all the world, I saw my sweet black cat dart across the bed. My other cats weren't in the bedroom last night, so I've no other explanation than that I was visited by my ghost kitty. It was really comforting and a haunting that I wouldn't mind having again.

Last edited by CommunistDaughter on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:07 pm 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

At my mom's house my family has always claimed to have heard and seen stuff, although it's hard to believe sometimes because they don't have an ounce of skepticism in them, and I've never seen anything myself. Anything I have heard I've come up with a reasonable explanation for. But when we first moved in the house, my sister was convinced there was something there and even saw a young man a couple times. She took some pics in the living room at night and captured something that was an undeniable "what the fork is that!" kind of picture, which I unfortunately don't have. But I DO have a pic that was taken of me out in front of the house before prom, and it is questionable. It's just weird. It's a little ball of glowing light in my shadow. If any of you guys are film photography experts maybe you can help me figure out what it is! I've taken photo classes and have spent lots of time in the darkroom and I've never seen any flaws in either the film or print look like that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:26 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh Shiitake wrote:
At my mom's house my family has always claimed to have heard and seen stuff, although it's hard to believe sometimes because they don't have an ounce of skepticism in them, and I've never seen anything myself. Anything I have heard I've come up with a reasonable explanation for. But when we first moved in the house, my sister was convinced there was something there and even saw a young man a couple times. She took some pics in the living room at night and captured something that was an undeniable "what the fork is that!" kind of picture, which I unfortunately don't have. But I DO have a pic that was taken of me out in front of the house before prom, and it is questionable. It's just weird. It's a little ball of glowing light in my shadow. If any of you guys are film photography experts maybe you can help me figure out what it is! I've taken photo classes and have spent lots of time in the darkroom and I've never seen any flaws in either the film or print look like that.

Not an expert. But I love me some ghost pics.
I was once trying to fake a ghost picture and had spent most of the day doing so with varying levels of success. At the end of the day I noticed my daughter sitting on the porch looking out at the field of daisies we were growing and wanted a picture of that. What came back (35mm old school film) was a picture of her surrounded by a haze while the rest of the photo is clear. It is awesome and one of my favorites and I may go home and scan it for you.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Sun of Samsa wrote:
while I was watching it happen.

!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

after my grandpa passed away, my grandma would sometimes come home to find "his" chair at the kitchen table pulled out. she told my dad and he was skeptical, but then one day he picked her up to go somewhere, and when he brought her back, the chair was pulled out. i guess this happened for a couple years until she sold the house. she never acted freaked out by it, she seemed to think it was a nice gesture to let her know he'd been thinking of her and dropped by.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I have two. I'll start with the best, which is second hand.
My aunt and uncle bought their house about 20 years ago. They didn't realize the previous owner had hung himself in the garage until after they moved in. My cousin (age 2 at the time) didn't seem to like playing in the basement for some reason. So when my aunt asked her why, she told her the man with the rope was bugging her.

I think my old work is haunted. It's a wood shop. So it's very loud and noisy, and I had to wear ear protection while working. But sometimes when I was using certain machines, I would hear someone make a cut with the chop saw, and I'd look over to see who it was and there'd be no one there. I was sanding hand rail one day and I felt a slap on my bum. There was NO ONE in the shop but me that day. Five minutes later I felt a squeeze on my bum. So there's a pervy ghost there I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

AmandaMelanie wrote:
I think my old work is haunted. It's a wood shop. So it's very loud and noisy, and I had to wear ear protection while working. But sometimes when I was using certain machines, I would hear someone make a cut with the chop saw, and I'd look over to see who it was and there'd be no one there. I was sanding hand rail one day and I felt a slap on my bum. There was NO ONE in the shop but me that day. Five minutes later I felt a squeeze on my bum. So there's a pervy ghost there I guess.

This is both terrifying and hilarious!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

You see? This is exactly why I refuse to live in an old house, you never hear of this stuff happening in a house that was built in 1999.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:45 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Maggie Muggins wrote:
You see? This is exactly why I refuse to live in an old house, you never hear of this stuff happening in a house that was built in 1999.

Actually, my friend's house I posted about before was built by their family and was probably about 10 years old at most.

And really, I think a lot of people let their imaginations get away from them when it comes to "previous owners" - in a lot of states they have to tell you if someone has died in the house.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm 
Impressive boner

AmandaMelanie wrote:
I was sanding hand rail one day and I felt a slap on my bum. There was NO ONE in the shop but me that day. Five minutes later I felt a squeeze on my bum. So there's a pervy ghost there I guess.

One night when I was semi-awake in my current house I felt a hand stroke my bottom. I wasn't afraid though. It felt just like my boyfriend would do it, although he was asleep on the other side of me and totally covered in the duvet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:46 pm 

Rach*n wrote:
Sun of Samsa wrote:
while I was watching it happen.

!!!!

Creepy! I don't believe in ghosts, but this thread is giving me the shivers. My grandmother lived in India for most of her life, and the stories she has are terrifying (lots of black magic and haunted houses). Her parents moved around a lot, and they ended up living in a house where the previous owners were rumoured to have been into black magic. From day one, weird things started happening, like the baby's cradle would start rocking quite violently, all by itself. Her older sister seemed to attract most of the supernatural attention though - one day the family heard her screaming and they rushed into the room to find her hanging, by her hair, in mid-air. My grandmother said she was a good three or four feet off the ground, and it looked like something was holding on to her hair from above. It took three full-grown men pulling as hard as they could to get her down. Things like this happened to my grandmother's sister all the time, and it kind of drove her crazy. My grandmother's convinced that something supernatural was responsible for her death - she had a fit of some sort while she was cooking, her sleeve caught fire, and she was burnt to death.

My uncle has some stories too. He used to be a train engineer, working nights. On one particular night, when he was working alone, he got a call from the security guard for the "depot" (or whatever the word is for the place out of service trains are kept) saying that he'd seen a trespasser on the rails, and to keep an eye out. My uncle assumed it was probably just kids messing around, and dismissed it. Later on, as he was walking through one of the trains, he walked into a carriage and found a man, dressed in an old conducter's uniform. My uncle thought that he was just somebody else who was also working that night, and sort of said hello and told him about the trespasser, then went back the way he had come. As he got off the train, he realised that he'd locked the door behind him initially - all the other entrances onto the train were locked, and he had the only key, so there was no way that anybody else could've got onto the train. Creepy.

Oh yeah, apparently one of my cousins was possessed for a while, by a djinn. They supposedly like to hang out in trees after dark, and one night my cousin decided to pee under a tree (hah). I don't know any other details because his family won't talk about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:47 pm 

Maggie Muggins wrote:

But what if it was built on an ancient burial ground, huh?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:28 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Damn it! That's the only thing that was keeping my irrational fear of ghost in check....there's no way in hell I'm sleeping tonight.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

CommunistDaughter wrote:
We had an experience last night! To prelude, my cat passed away almost a month ago. My husband and I were in bed, about to fall asleep, when we both felt a "cat" come between us and lie down. "It" started kneeding my legs as cats are wont to do, and then I swear, for all the world, I saw my sweet black cat dart across the bed. My other cats weren't in the bedroom last night, so I've no other explanation than that I was visisted by my ghost kitty. It was really comforting and a haunting that I wouldn't mind having again.

that's like the sweetest ghost story I've ever heard.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next