| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:49 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Moon wrote:
Every time I see the acronym SMH I forget what it means long enough to think it means "suck my head". Which is extra stupid as that never, ever makes sense with the context of what has been said. And then I remember that I go through this process. Every. Single. Time.

I read a guy's tweet where he confessed that for the longest time he kept thinking SMH was "so many Hebrews" and he was really disappointed in all his friends for being so anti-Semitic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:52 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

^That's AMAZING!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:02 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Moon wrote:
Every time I see the acronym SMH I forget what it means long enough to think it means "suck my head". Which is extra stupid as that never, ever makes sense with the context of what has been said. And then I remember that I go through this process. Every. Single. Time.

My brain always sees it as 'Suck My Hole'! Twinsies (sort of)!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

This is awful of me but, I have minor surgery tomorrow and I was kinda looking forward to the excuse to be pampered...well, my husband has come down with a cold and so looks like I'll be the one looking after him instead. And I'm just a little annoyed!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:19 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I had a colleague that was a bit older and saw that people use all these acronyms in their writing, and just thought people were making them up as they went. So he started just inserting totally random, non-conventional acronyms into his emails. I had to ask him once why he was signing his emails "T4N" and he was trying to say "ta ta for now!" as if that's an acronym. I told him that made me think he was signing off as "thanks for nothing". oh man.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:02 pm 
Saggy Butt

My confession is I grow too many tomato varieties and plants. I'm growing 13 varieties, and after swearing I'd ruthlessly thin out the seedlings, I still potted up 60. I've given away 30, planted 22 and can't bear to part with 5 of the 8 left.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:05 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Jill wrote:
My confession is I grow too many tomato varieties and plants. I'm growing 13 varieties, and after swearing I'd ruthlessly thin out the seedlings, I still potted up 60. I've given away 30, planted 22 and can't bear to part with 5 of the 8 left.

I always feel guilty deciding which plants to keep and which to discard. Poor plants!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:38 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Jill wrote:

Any varieties you're loving? I'm planning to buy tomato plants for my community garden plot next week...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:39 pm 
Saggy Butt

jordanpattern wrote:
Jill wrote:

Any varieties you're loving? I'm planning to buy tomato plants for my community garden plot next week...

I grow a lot that may not be available in local nurseries, but if you can find Black Trifele, it is probably the best tasting tomato I have grown. It doesn't do that well for me every year though, as my garden is on the cool and shady side and it is a late variety. Other favorites for me include Aunt Ruby's German Green tomato and Purple Calabash (both are big, aromatic, and luscious, but also soft and thin-skinned so are prone to splitting and rotting so are not always loved by people I've shared starts with).

More available and seemingly universally loved:
Sungold is a fabulous cherry tomato - it is a huge, indeterminate plant, very early, and the fruit resists cracking (a problem in cherry types) and is incredibly sweet.
Black Plum is also early, but a smaller, determinate plant, with really good flavor for a plum type. I grow a lot of these as they cook down faster for sauce, plus they they dry fabulously.
Black Krim is new for me this year, but a lot of friends have been singing its praises.
Pruden's Purple is another good one for me.

I still have lots of parsley and other starts/seeds to share too. If you're interested, let me know and we'll see what we can figure out. Also - there's a new Facebook group, Veganic Gardening PDX that you might be interested in?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:56 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Thanks!

My community plot gets an insane amount of sun (it's in the middle of a schoolyard with no trees or shade), and I've got room for 6 - 8 tomato plants (depending on whether I get determinate and indeterminate). I had a Sungold last year, and it was BONKERS. I probably got 7 or 8 pounds of fruit off it between August and November(!!!). I'll definitely be getting another one of those, but might have it in a large pot at home since last year's model took over a whole half of the garden.

I've heard good things about Black Krim as well. It's on my list. I'll give at least one of your fussy varieties a try as well if I can find plants. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:26 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My confession: I hate gardening.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:13 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm a grown-up 25 your old and the other day I drank so much I puked in my own trousers. I was mid peas and suddenly realised I needed to vomit - there was nothing else I could do.

My second confession is that I accidentally hung up my Rodeoh pants (i.e. a strap on harness) on the washing line in our shared garden without a second thought, but I'm very embarrassed about it now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:58 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

The Amazon prime commercial where the dad dresses up the dog like a lion so the baby won't be scared and then the baby reaches for the dog and the dog is happy? That commercial makes me crrryyyyyy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:17 pm 
Nailed to the V

Moon wrote:
The Amazon prime commercial where the dad dresses up the dog like a lion so the baby won't be scared and then the baby reaches for the dog and the dog is happy? That commercial makes me crrryyyyyy.

This! The expression on the dog's face in the first bit is soooo sad, it slays me every time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:45 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Bio Dome is on TV and I am so happy as I haven't seen it forever and I love it (not as much as Encino Man, but a lot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:04 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Moon wrote:
Bio Dome is on TV and I am so happy as I haven't seen it forever and I love it (not as much as Encino Man, but a lot)

I thought I was the only one who loved Encino Man!! Everyone always mocks me for that. It's amazing!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:46 pm 
BAD PASS

+1 for Encino Man!

Pauly Shore once asked me if I wanted his autograph! (I said okay.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:57 pm 
BAD PASS

Oh, I have one. I LOVE it when we get credit card disputes from our webstore. I love using just the total and last 4 digits of the credit card to figure out which order it was and find all the documentation showing they definitely ordered AND received the items.

They never get overturned, but still. *I* still know they're a lying thieving scoundrel. [shakes fist]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:09 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I am very fond of Nakd bars ... https://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/nakd/

recently I have bought some to keep on hand ... as one does ... I now have 5 boxes in the pantry ...

my husband does not eat them ...

BUT, my reasoning for this is ... I am a Canadian! I have lots & lots of food stored here ... freezer packed, cupboards heaving ... we may be snowed in!

never mind that we live in Cambridge (the U.K.) where the odd time it does snow it melts by lunchtime ... but still, you never know do you?

going to have a Nakd lemon drizzle with my coffee at 11 ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:12 am 
Level 7 Vegan

teacup wrote:
I am very fond of Nakd bars ... https://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/nakd/

recently I have bought some to keep on hand ... as one does ... I now have 5 boxes in the pantry ...

my husband does not eat them ...

BUT, my reasoning for this is ... I am a Canadian! I have lots & lots of food stored here ... freezer packed, cupboards heaving ... we may be snowed in!

never mind that we live in Cambridge (the U.K.) where the odd time it does snow it melts by lunchtime ... but still, you never know do you?

going to have a Nakd lemon drizzle with my coffee at 11 ...

Ha! I'm the same!! Total food hoarder!! ...and I've never lived in Canada!
I think, with me, it stems from working very long hours and having busy weekends too. So I would stock up when I got the opportunity. Also the fact the town I live in use to have limited vegan foods so I alway bought in bulk when I got the change. I rarely buy one of anything!
Now I have much better access to vegan foods I don't seem to be able to get out of the habit! My cupboards are crammed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44