| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:10 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Same, linanil! That's the worst part. And every time I ever went to a Walmart I would leave feeling deeply misanthropic, depressed and like the planet was doomed. I'm still all those things but I have it under control, haha.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:27 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

This morning I used a random number generator to choose which tea to have with breakfast.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Moon wrote:
This morning I used a random number generator to choose which tea to have with breakfast.

I'm not a tea drinker, but I <3 this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:20 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Moon wrote:

I am at this point in my tea collection as well haha. Also I am adding this to my signature the moment I figure out how...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:02 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I have four different types of vegan white chocolate in my larder... I have a a food hoarding problem :/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:42 pm 
Total Hoover

Blueberry wrote:
I have four different types of vegan white chocolate in my larder... I have a a food hoarding problem :/

No, you have excellent self control and a good stock of chocolate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:49 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Blueberry wrote:

I didn't even know four different types of vegan white chocolate existed! Impressive.

I have some car-related confessions. I drive my partner's car so I'm obviously afraid of accidentally destroying it!
1) On pretty much my first week of driving it I was in a car park and reversed pretty quickly. A post went past the window pretty much right next to me. I could have hit that thing so easily!
2) The other day I was parallel parked on a hill and when I tried to reverse to get out of the space the car didn't go into gear properly and rolled very slowly forwards into the car in front. Luckily no damage was done to either vehicle so I haven't mentioned it to anyone!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:43 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

GreenDuck wrote:
Blueberry wrote:

No, you have excellent self control and a good stock of chocolate.

Haha! That's a good way of looking at it! Chocolate I know will make me feel sick if I eat too much of it- biscuits on the other hand, my brain hasn't figured that out yet!

Quail wrote:
Blueberry wrote:

I didn't even know four different types of vegan white chocolate existed! Impressive.

I have some car-related confessions. I drive my partner's car so I'm obviously afraid of accidentally destroying it!
1) On pretty much my first week of driving it I was in a car park and reversed pretty quickly. A post went past the window pretty much right next to me. I could have hit that thing so easily!
2) The other day I was parallel parked on a hill and when I tried to reverse to get out of the space the car didn't go into gear properly and rolled very slowly forwards into the car in front. Luckily no damage was done to either vehicle so I haven't mentioned it to anyone!

Haha yeah Sweet William, iChoc, Choices white chocolate easter egg and Choices white choc rondellos. I do also sometimes have Tesco white chocolate buttons.

An added confession, I have had my full driving licence for nearly five years and I still cannot parallel park...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:40 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Blueberry wrote:
An added confession, I have had my full driving licence for nearly five years and I still cannot parallel park...

I avoid it at all costs, and I suspect I'm not the only one :P
I saw a picture on the internet with a caption like "How to parallel park: find another parking space" - definitely identify!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:36 am 
And you never will.

I kind of love parallel parking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:30 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

My confession is I don't know what parallel parking is. Also I just spent money I was saving for something else on sugar free coffee syrup and a fairyloot box. Oops

Facebook

http://thechroniclesofbanania.blogspot.co.uk/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:51 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

It's when you park parallel to (in line with) the curb on the street, with your front and rear bumpers sandwiched in between other cars. As opposed to rows of parking spots lined up next to each other like in a parking lot or garage. It's more difficult because you have to back into the space while turning your wheels, then pull forward and turn to adjust. I love parallel parking and was the undisputed queen in college, when I drove often and had a Volvo with an incredible turning radius. Nowadays I don't have my own car so it's a bit more challenging!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm 

Thank you Erika! Learning to drive has been one of my ever repeated new years resolutions that had never come to fruition. Maybe this year or next.

Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Star wrote:
Learning to drive has been one of my ever repeated new years resolutions that had never come to fruition. Maybe this year or next.

I think it's so overrated. I can't wait for self-driving cars! I just want to read those 2 hours I'm stuck in my car commuting each day. I miss living near buses.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:55 pm 
WRETCHED

I also love parallel parking. when I worked in an office, they had one section of parallel parking, I always parked there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:05 pm 

Tigon wrote:
Star wrote:
Learning to drive has been one of my ever repeated new years resolutions that had never come to fruition. Maybe this year or next.

I think it's so overrated. I can't wait for self-driving cars! I just want to read those 2 hours I'm stuck in my car commuting each day. I miss living near buses.

I don't actually mind public transport, the problem is its expensive, unreliable and pretty filthy. If we had clean trains that ran on time I wouldn't mind the cost, but we have broken down tin cans from the 70's

linanil wrote:
I also love parallel parking. when I worked in an office, they had one section of parallel parking, I always parked there.

I'm going to have to ask, what do people like so much about it? (I was thinking maybe it was the neatness or satisfaction from a difficult task being done well?)

Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Bazu taught me how to parallel park! She posted that you just have to line up your car parallel to the one in front of your spot so that you can see the back of their car through your back window, and then pull in backwards as much as you can, and then straighten out. It just made sense and I now love parallel parking where I hated it before.

::pouring out a cup of tea for Bazu::

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:36 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

True story: I flunked my driving test the first time because I bombed the parallel parking part. I then proceeded to practice every day in front of my house by parallel parking in between 2 garbage cans. I now consider myself an excellent parallel parker.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:17 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

haha me too! even though i live in a very urban area where the only parking is parallel parking with maybe a foot to spare and most of my driving trips also involved backing out of narrow alleyways and 3-point turning around dumpsters. i still maintain that i can only drive properly in downtown conditions where there's a million things to look out for, because once i'm out of the city... zzzz. on my driving test in the burbs, i had to pretend i was parallel parking around a car because there were no cars to parallel park between, of course i failed lol.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:26 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tofulish wrote:

::pouring out a cup of tea for Bazu::

She e-mailed me last week after the Brussels attacks because she remembered I work there. All is well!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:28 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I was so thrilled to find Miyoko's mozz in my local WF.
I made pizza with it last night. It was nothing special.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:25 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

The final episode of Trailer Park Boys crushed my soul. Which is silly, because it's Trailer Park Boys. But still, I have so many sads.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:38 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Every time I see the acronym SMH I forget what it means long enough to think it means "suck my head". Which is extra stupid as that never, ever makes sense with the context of what has been said. And then I remember that I go through this process. Every. Single. Time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Whenever we get the schedule for work it is always labeled SMH, which stands for server/manager/host, but I always think of it as shaking my head.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next