| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Arisaig wrote:
torque wrote:
Guess what? I'm a nitpicky bisque.

All I ask is that PLEASE, if i am going to have to be responsible for shopping, i need my family members to WRITE what they need on the LIST, since i am not psychic.....

I think I have said this exact thing word for word. There are many things in this house I do not eat or use and I do not know when we are out of them.

My confession: I put everything possible in the dishwasher. When shopping for kitchen equipment I will not buy something that is hand wash only (unless it is a fancy occasional-use item).

I'm like this with clothes. I will not buy something that is dry clean only. But I never even look at the care instructions. I just buy it and toss it in the washing machine with the understanding that if anything happens, I wasn't meant to own it. It's usually fine for vegan things anyway. The only thing I can think of getting really messed up is wool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:15 pm 
Chip Strong

I always put both earth balance and tofutti on my english muffins in a rebellious display of decadence.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:19 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Arisaig wrote:
My confession: I put everything possible in the dishwasher. When shopping for kitchen equipment I will not buy something that is hand wash only (unless it is a fancy occasional-use item).

Same. I hate washing dishes more than just about any other household chore. I've lived without a dishwasher before and...it gets pretty horrifying. I will go to great lengths to avoid having to do it!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'll be moving someplace with a dishwasher for the first time in my adult life soon, and I suspect I'll adopt the same policy. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to in the new place. On the plus side, I just saw a report last night that showed that dishwashers are both more energy efficient and waste less water than hand washing, so we can justify our dishwashing laziness on environmental grounds.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:01 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My water bill was always less in places that had dishwashers. The place I moved to recently does not have a dishwasher, and I realize how spoiled I got by using one. Still, I wash my dishes every day. My motivation is my friend...she never washes her dishes, and every time I go to her house, she has piles and piles of old dirty dishes and she has even confessed to me that she has more of them hidden in the spare bedroom. What. The. fork. I do not want to turn into that. Would much rather just wash dishes every day.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I do the dishes every day too, no matter how tired I am before bed. And I always do them myself even though I cook dinner too because my boyfriend cannot wash the dishes to my standards. He always leaves crusty bits on stuff.

I have a whole system where I soak as I wash. I am quite good at dishes I think, though I probably use too much detergent and probably waste water.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I managed to ruin a hand-wash-only acrylic sweater in the washing machine. Now it might fit a small kid. I tried stretching tricks for wool, but they didn't help.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Olives wrote:
~Sz wrote:
Olives wrote:
Aw, why can't Morty be in charge? Just once

Well, he's a little irresponsible!

How's that cat ever gonna learn any responsibility if you don't give him any?

You make a strong argument.

That's it! Next short leave I take from the homestead I will put Morty in charge! I'll do it!

(If I come back and it looks like the Cat in the Hat has had his way with the place . . . well, I guess that will make a good story too!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 am 

~Sz wrote:
You make a strong argument.

That's it! Next short leave I take from the homestead I will put Morty in charge! I'll do it!

(If I come back and it looks like the Cat in the Hat has had his way with the place . . . well, I guess that will make a good story too!)

The Cat in the Hat always tidies up after himself rather efficiently, though. I think it will be ok. Yay, Morty in charge!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Morty! Morty! Morty!

(I hope that when Morty becomes supreme overlord of the universe he will remember my early support of his reign and look upon me kindly.)

(Not that you should worry about the power going to Morty's head.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

baps wrote:
My dad’s a grazer and he’ll eat pretty much anything*

(*he even eats uncooked soya/TVP chunks, he is vile. He initially thought they were crisps, he is vile and stupid!)

i confess that i have dipped dry tvp slices in veggie dip and really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:42 pm 

Olives wrote:
Morty! Morty! Morty!

(I hope that when Morty becomes supreme overlord of the universe he will remember my early support of his reign and look upon me kindly.)

(Not that you should worry about the power going to Morty's head.)

You know that is my exact worry!

OK. I am going to go see the Oscar nominated animated shorts this afternoon. We will see how it goes!

Good point about Cat in Hat, it does always work out in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 pm 

This guy I work with was showing me something in the darkroom in the studios and offered to make out with me and I came THISCLOSE to just doing it.

I need to get laid, but not by him.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:10 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

acr wrote:
i confess that i have dipped dry tvp slices in veggie dip and really enjoyed it.

This reminds me, I confess that I have dipped Tofurky slices in Tofutti cream cheese and pretended that was a meal. So healthy!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just had nachos for the third day in a row. No regrets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I just ate a whole box of cookies for dinner. It was awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:50 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

allularpunk wrote:
This guy I work with was showing me something in the darkroom in the studios and offered to make out with me and I came THISCLOSE to just doing it.

it's so thoughtful when they offer, isn't it? once when i was in college i was studying in a park, and a guy passed by me two or three times and then came over to ask me what i was reading. i showed him the book and said something about the class it was for, and he nodded and then asked, "want to fool around?" i made him repeat it because i couldn't believe he had said what i had heard, but he had. i tried to decline politely, which was a mistake, i guess, because he walked off but came back a minute later and said, "are you sure?" DUDE.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:18 pm 
Tofu Pup

I confess that I'm a vegan who hates PETA. Not the message, but the way they deliver it. I've alway kinda hated them (all objectification of women's bodies and what not), but what pushed me over the edge is when they wrote a letter to that Honey Boo Boo girl about naming her pig Bacon. I mean, really? It's a pet. She never intended to eat it. And she's what like 8 or 9? Plus I think that's a cute name.

I'm convinced that the reason why 90% of the people I tell I'm vegan react viscerally is because they've seen or heard something obnoxious PETA has done.

And if you'll allow me to put on my tin-foil hat and spout non-sense for a minute: I believe PETA is secretly run by a cabal of meat companies so that Americans will be disgusted with the sheer obnoxiousness of PETA and eat more meat. Really...not really.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm 

acr wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

it's so thoughtful when they offer, isn't it? once when i was in college i was studying in a park, and a guy passed by me two or three times and then came over to ask me what i was reading. i showed him the book and said something about the class it was for, and he nodded and then asked, "want to fool around?" i made him repeat it because i couldn't believe he had said what i had heard, but he had. i tried to decline politely, which was a mistake, i guess, because he walked off but came back a minute later and said, "are you sure?" DUDE.

Haha, whaaaat? I would be so skeeved out if a total stranger did that to me! I've known this guy for a good 12 years (we were in undergrad together). Ever since he got divorced a few months ago, he has realllly been dialing up the flirting with me. I guess I'm flattered, but I'm not really attracted to him. He's kind of goofy, and goofy is definitely not what gets me going. Anyway, I keep telling him that we work together (well, we work kind of adjacent to each other, but still), and that we should keep it professional, and then he acts like he was just joking, but he wasn't.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

bearcatbanana wrote:
I confess that I'm a vegan who hates PETA. Not the message, but the way they deliver it. I've alway kinda hated them (all objectification of women's bodies and what not), but what pushed me over the edge is when they wrote a letter to that Honey Boo Boo girl about naming her pig Bacon. I mean, really? It's a pet. She never intended to eat it. And she's what like 8 or 9? Plus I think that's a cute name.

I'm convinced that the reason why 90% of the people I tell I'm vegan react viscerally is because they've seen or heard something obnoxious PETA has done.

And if you'll allow me to put on my tin-foil hat and spout non-sense for a minute: I believe PETA is secretly run by a cabal of meat companies so that Americans will be disgusted with the sheer obnoxiousness of PETA and eat more meat. Really...not really.

I totally get this. I could care less about the sexyism but meat companies making people hate anti meat groups makes total sense.

My snow day lunch: wine. You're all jealous.

Someone up there in previous comment land said they would translate cat conversation interactions. I'd like your take on this:

Kris: meow!
Me: what?
Kris: meooowww!
Me: you have food and water, I'm not coming upstairs right now.
Kris: MEEEEOOOWEEEWEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
Me: SHUT UP! SHUT UP I HATE YOU SHUT UP!

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 pm 
Mediocre Tart

bearcatbanana wrote:
I confess that I'm a vegan who hates PETA.

I don't think you'll get much argument against that here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:04 pm 
Dead by dawn

interrobang?! wrote:
bearcatbanana wrote:

Haha, yes, you've found yourself in the right place. Or, at the very least, the PPK is more than willing to critique PETA and hate on a lot of their horrible, sexist, fat-hating, insensitive stunts. (Seriously, they lost me with the Manitoba bus beheading comparison thing.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:01 pm 
WRETCHED

monkeytoes wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
bearcatbanana wrote:

Haha, yes, you've found yourself in the right place. Or, at the very least, the PPK is more than willing to critique PETA and hate on a lot of their horrible, sexist, fat-hating, insensitive stunts. (Seriously, they lost me with the Manitoba bus beheading comparison thing.)

Yeah, there isn't a lot of love for them here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:44 pm 

bearcatbanana wrote:
I believe PETA is secretly run by a cabal of meat companies so that Americans will be disgusted with the sheer obnoxiousness of PETA and eat more meat. Really...not really.

That would explain a lot. Count me in on this theory!

Afternoon update: The Oscar nominated live shorts were much better than the animated shorts although there is one cute animated short about making guacamole.

Morty is exhausted, so I don't know what happened under his watch, but everything seems fine!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Limone wrote:
acr wrote:

This reminds me, I confess that I have dipped Tofurky slices in Tofutti cream cheese and pretended that was a meal. So healthy!

How is that not a meal?! :D I've eaten a whole package of Tofurkey slices all by itself as a meal plenty of times.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next