| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:23 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I have been vegan for at least two years, and vegetarian for longer than that and I have never ever made my own (i.e. not store-bought) veggie burger.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:43 am 
Nailed to the V

julialegume wrote:
I do not like Arrested Development.

I have never SEEN Arrested Development!

and it does not bother me at all!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:03 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm in the UK and I didn't watch Wimbledon. I just don't understand all the joy about having a UK winner!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lepelaar wrote:
I have been vegan for at least two years, and vegetarian for longer than that and I have never ever made my own (i.e. not store-bought) veggie burger.

I've been vegan for over ten years and I'm pretty sure I've never made a veggie burger.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:59 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I watched Top Gear on purpose because Benedict Cumberbatch was the star in a reasonably priced car. Luckily he's quite chatty and energetic so he did most of the talking and I didn't have to listen to Clarkson much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:25 am 
Discovered unobtainium

choirqueer wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

I've been vegan for over ten years and I'm pretty sure I've never made a veggie burger.

I've been vegetarian over 20 years and never made a burger I liked enough to make again. Just give me the fantastic foods mix or a Boca chickn patty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:35 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Going to a fancy/important conference in Berlin at the end of the month, and I'm not actually that excited by the schedule. Like, at all. 4 days in Berlin with vegan noms sounds way, way better than anything else right now.

Also? What lw said about fantastic foods mixes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:37 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

rentaghost wrote:
I'm in the UK and I didn't watch Wimbledon. I just don't understand all the joy about having a UK winner!

Same here, I just... don't care.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:12 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

VanillaDoe wrote:
rentaghost wrote:

I feel this way about all pro sports....just don't care. The one thing I do like about them is that when there is a big game on, all of the roads and stores and parks are nearly vacant.

On to my confession...

when I was in elementary school, my famous music person crush was Huey Lewis. Middle school was Richard Marx. High school was Bryan Adams, then Bono. Never a boy band, thankfully.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:38 am 

I have a big fat crush on a guy that hurt me and I can't stop wanting him or thinking about him. :(

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:40 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

sarahnorine wrote:
I have a big fat crush on a guy that hurt me and I can't stop wanting him or thinking about him. :(

Ugh, I've been there recently, and just. . . ugh. fork it.

My confession: for some reason, peeing with the bathroom door open is way more satisfying than with the it closed. Obviously I leave the door open when my roommates aren't home, but lately I've been leaving the door open sometimes when they're home. LIVIN' ON THE WILD SIDE. I mean, not really, and I still don't leave it open when they'd be likely to walk by.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:47 pm 

Moon wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
I like the idea of cleaning big chunks of earwax so much that I've watched videos on YouTube of people doing just that. It's soooo nasty and AWESOME.

Earwax videos on YouTube? I know what I'm doing today! (I love zit popping videos, this is right up my alley)

Ugh. This is so gross, but the only thing that gets my earwax out of my ear is a bent paper clip to kind of scoop it out. And I have like seven of them in my desk right now, waiting to be used again.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:00 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I don't see the point of underwear. I wear it when i wear pants with zippers or a skirt, but usually i'm all leggings and no undies. It's either weggies, underwear lines, or thong straps that curl up. So fork it. Who's going to be looking anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

lilyyw wrote:
My confession: for some reason, peeing with the bathroom door open is way more satisfying than with the it closed. Obviously I leave the door open when my roommates aren't home, but lately I've been leaving the door open sometimes when they're home. LIVIN' ON THE WILD SIDE. I mean, not really, and I still don't leave it open when they'd be likely to walk by.

YES. I hate peeing with the bathroom door closed! But I have no problem being in a closed or small space or anything... I just... I have no idea! I just want to pee with the door open!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:13 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fantastic Foods Nature Burgers are the best things ever, and easy, and require no thoughts or added ingredients. That shiitake just makes sense. Also, peeing with the door open is rather nice. I don't do it at my dude's house, though, because otherwise his giant dog is in there with his head in my lap while I'm doing my thing.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Mars wrote:
lilyyw wrote:

YES. I hate peeing with the bathroom door closed! But I have no problem being in a closed or small space or anything... I just... I have no idea! I just want to pee with the door open!

I prefer having a door open in the bathroom, but if I'm in a bathroom that has two doors, I only want one of them open. My bathroom in my apartment right now has two doors (WHICH I HATE but what can I do) so I usually have one open and one closed unless I have company.

Actually! I just realized, I prefer to have a door open if I'm on the toilet, but closed if I'm taking a shower! I have no idea why. It makes sense because if I'm taking a shower I'm more likely to be singing, so of course the acoustics are better if I close the door, but I never actually thought about it consciously before so I'm not really sure that the logical explanation is the actual explanation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:54 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Also, I love peeing outdoors. If I'm at a club and there's more than two people in the line or if it seems like someone in there is taking too long I will happily walk out side and hop over to the nearest bush or alley and pee.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:32 am 
Nailed to the V

annabazoo wrote:
I don't see the point of underwear. I wear it when i wear pants with zippers or a skirt, but usually i'm all leggings and no undies. It's either weggies, underwear lines, or thong straps that curl up. So fork it. Who's going to be looking anyway?

I am with you on this ... I wear knickers with trousers, but none with skirts ... although I do always have a petticoat (or lined skirts) ... what kind of woman do you think I am?

I hardly ever wear a bra & often have a scarf floating about so that I can drape it over my bosom if circumstances, etc., blah demand it ...

I have lots of nice underclothes but they are for getting undressed not getting dressed ... I am sure all understand that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 am 
Discovered unobtainium

allularpunk wrote:
Fantastic Foods Nature Burgers are the best things ever, and easy, and require no thoughts or added ingredients. That shiitake just makes sense. Also, peeing with the door open is rather nice. I don't do it at my dude's house, though, because otherwise his giant dog is in there with his head in my lap while I'm doing my thing.

I hope they haven't been discontinued. I haven't been able to find them for a few months. They are so good on a Foreman. I keep thinking that I need to figure out how to duplicate that mix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:43 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

sarahnorine wrote:
Moon wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
I like the idea of cleaning big chunks of earwax so much that I've watched videos on YouTube of people doing just that. It's soooo nasty and AWESOME.

Earwax videos on YouTube? I know what I'm doing today! (I love zit popping videos, this is right up my alley)

Ugh. This is so gross, but the only thing that gets my earwax out of my ear is a bent paper clip to kind of scoop it out. And I have like seven of them in my desk right now, waiting to be used again.

Dude, get thee to a doctor's office and have your ears flushed out! (A lot of times you don't even have to see the doctor as the assistant can usually do it.) Sooooooooooooooooo satisfying and a lot less dangerous than poking near your eardrum with a sharp metal object.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:05 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

teacup wrote:
annabazoo wrote:

I am with you on this ... I wear knickers with trousers, but none with skirts ... although I do always have a petticoat (or lined skirts) ... what kind of woman do you think I am?

I hardly ever wear a bra & often have a scarf floating about so that I can drape it over my bosom if circumstances, etc., blah demand it ...

I have lots of nice underclothes but they are for getting undressed not getting dressed ... I am sure all understand that.

Haha yes! I have a zillion cute pantaloons, stockings, bras etc but i mostly only wear them when my boy will be seeing them. And then he just takes them off and doesn't care that much but they're pretty and make me feel sexy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 am 
Saggy Butt

It is 9:15am here, but I just drank a glass of chocolate hazelnut milk with a hefty dose of rum mixed in as a celebration for surviving four overnight shifts at work. I'm going to sleep soon so I consider it a morning nightcap. A morningcap, perhaps?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:28 am 
Not NOT A Furry

VanillaDoe wrote:
rentaghost wrote:

And I don't care about the royal baby either.

Every day recently when I put on the tv I was so relieved to find she hadn't gone into labour as I knew it would be 12+ hours of presenters talking about nothing in front of a boring building (I watch a lot of rolling news).

You've made me get a glass of chocolate coconut milk now RavenMcCoy! I'll skip the rum though as otherwise I'll get nothing done this afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:18 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

There are several kids in my camp this week that I actively dislike. I have to catch myself so I don't say mean things to them. What kind of horrible adult am I? Also, what the fork is minecraft, and why won't this one annoying child stop talking about it?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:09 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

allularpunk wrote:
There are several kids in my camp this week that I actively dislike. I have to catch myself so I don't say mean things to them. What kind of horrible adult am I? Also, what the fork is minecraft, and why won't this one annoying child stop talking about it?

I've had a few students like that. Almost all kids have some redeeming qualities, but there is always one or two that puts a lot of effort into testing that theory.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next