| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:39 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6121
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
jordanpattern wrote:
I hate cold water.

I mean, I guess if it's 100 degrees, then it's okay, but seriously, cold water, and especially ice water, is the worst. I prefer it room temperature, or sometimes warm.


me too! I prefer room temperature. I can drink more of it that way.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:58 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
jordanpattern wrote:
I hate cold water.

I mean, I guess if it's 100 degrees, then it's okay, but seriously, cold water, and especially ice water, is the worst. I prefer it room temperature, or sometimes warm.

Yeah! I like cold water if it's very warm out or if I have a sore throat, but that's it. Ice hurts my teeth.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:04 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19035
Location: Cliffbar NJ
torque wrote:
i am not doing very well at rising above. in fact, i will sometimes stoop to infantile behavior just because i enjoy a good game of tit-for-tat.* please forgive me.

[*no actual tits involved]


I am intrigued by your tats. Also, the circumstances you're in sound really trying, and if a little passive aggressiveness helps you cope, I say more power to you.

My confession is I haven't watched Dr. Who. I just can't get into it. But sometimes I feel pressure to fake it, because everyone else likes it. But I don't because all I know about the show is what people here post about. And it would be me yelling "TARDIS! daleks! Stripey Scarf!" And then running away.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8000
Location: Brasil
all you have to do is just say "David Tennant was the worst Doctor ever" and then everyone will have seizures and spontaneously combust and you'll be able to run away.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19035
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Thanks for the pro-tip! I am totally going to use that! My other standby is "I can't watch until they have a female Doctor" and then I run away. Which I only know because of Inspector Spacetime.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:29 pm 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 5968
jordanpattern wrote:
I hate cold water.

I mean, I guess if it's 100 degrees, then it's okay, but seriously, cold water, and especially ice water, is the worst. I prefer it room temperature, or sometimes warm.

I love cold water when it is hot or even warm out. But when it is cold I have no interest in drinking anything cold. I will drink room temperature water and even room temperature soda. Of course, we don't turn the heat up too high in the winter so room temperature is not really warm. My spouse finds my enjoyment of non-chilled beverages positively disturbing.

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8000
Location: Brasil
i love to horrify people by drinking lukewarm water and room temperature beer. but i am always cold, like painfully cold, so why would i want to be any colder by putting icy things down my gullet?? certain family members are always moaning about being cold and cranking heat yet walking around with bottles of ice water in hand. i don't get it.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 am
Posts: 1806
Location: rva
Tofulish wrote:
My confession is I haven't watched Dr. Who. I just can't get into it. But sometimes I feel pressure to fake it, because everyone else likes it. But I don't because all I know about the show is what people here post about. And it would be me yelling "TARDIS! daleks! Stripey Scarf!" And then running away.


i'm with you, Tofulish. i have watched a few episodes (dan and i watched some a few months ago on netflix, but i only made it through a handful before totally losing interest), but i just can't get into it. sometimes i think i'll give it another go, and sometimes i think "why bother - it's okay not to enjoy it as much as others do." i mean, i made myself like beets, cucumbers, eggplant and kombucha by trying them over and over and over again until i eventually fell in love, so perhaps it's like that with Dr. Who.?!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:38 am 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 pm
Posts: 727
Location: Baltimore/Washington
The reason i couldn't get into dr. who was the accents. I could barely understand them. In this case it's not so bad, because it just means i cannot enjoy a tv show, but i am really bad at understanding people with accents. It makes me feel like a total bisque when i am talking to someone and can't understand them because of their accent.
I wish they had a Rosetta stone for accents.

_________________
lack toast intolerant: intolerant of not having toast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:29 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4658
annabazoo wrote:
The reason i couldn't get into dr. who was the accents. I could barely understand them. In this case it's not so bad, because it just means i cannot enjoy a tv show, but i am really bad at understanding people with accents. It makes me feel like a total bisque when i am talking to someone and can't understand them because of their accent.
I wish they had a Rosetta stone for accents.

Yeah, those damn Daleks can be well tricky to understand, right? Must be from The North of Skaro.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 5505
Location: A New England
interrobang?! wrote:
annabazoo wrote:
The reason i couldn't get into dr. who was the accents. I could barely understand them. In this case it's not so bad, because it just means i cannot enjoy a tv show, but i am really bad at understanding people with accents. It makes me feel like a total bisque when i am talking to someone and can't understand them because of their accent.
I wish they had a Rosetta stone for accents.

Yeah, those damn Daleks can be well tricky to understand, right? Must be from The North of Skaro.
Actually, it's a well-known fact that the the Rosetta Stone was originally made by the Kaleds, to be used in an early form of Pictionary. It was accidentally left behind in Egypt during The Dalek Invasion of Earth, and the rest is history. (Or at least archeology.)

_________________
Nothing is safe from weiners in my neighborhood... ~ crowderpea
I didn't embarrass him by saying anything about wanking ~ 8ball
"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:11 pm 
Online
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 455
Location: Biggest Little DERPy
I'm too lazy to break in my new blender/food processor/if you use a blade rapidly you use this. . . device. Throwing some shiitake in a pitcher is too much damn work. Mostly, I can't be assed to get my almond milk from my trunk. So instead I waste expensive sourdough bread by eating massive amounts toasted with jam. Fat tastes good. :D

_________________
Blog: Reno Vegan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:41 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10300
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
jordanpattern wrote:
I hate cold water.

I mean, I guess if it's 100 degrees, then it's okay, but seriously, cold water, and especially ice water, is the worst. I prefer it room temperature, or sometimes warm.

Cold drinks are dumb, unless they are supposed to be reeeeally cold, like frozen. Room temperature beer is just fine most of the time.

Wait, didn't we talk about this on your podcast once?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7498
Location: Portland
shiitake, we did!

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:13 am 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 5968
This whole beverage discussion keeps making me thirsty. Every time I come here I have to go chug a glass of nice room temperature water!

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:01 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm
Posts: 1956
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
You room temp people are weird! I LOVE cold water. It's delicious and refreshing. And obviously I am right and you are all wrong!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:14 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm
Posts: 548
Location: pdx
These pretzels are makin me thirsty.

_________________
You know what would probably be a more effective ritual? Telling the person who you want to shut up, "You better not talk or we'll pound you." -Footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:00 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 4109
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
julialegume wrote:
These pretzels are makin me thirsty.


*snort* is that how you're gonna say it?

_________________
Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie? - daisychain
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 am 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 3185
Location: The Bene
Question for the Dr. Who non-likers: Are you first trying to watch the old 1963-1989 series or did you start off with the new seasons that were aired starting in 2005?

If you started out with the older series, then I'd suggest giving the new one a try before completely writing it off. The old ones never did it for me, but I totally got into the new ones. If it's the new ones you tried but still don't like it, then yeah, it's probably just not your thing.

_________________
Ain't no guarantees in life, and nothing that comes out of my vagina can change that. - Erika Soyf*cker

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:46 am 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8540
Location: Maryland/DC area
I'm not a Dr Who fan and I've tried both. I think the new ones annoy me? While the old ones I just didn't care for.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:46 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8000
Location: Brasil
i find most of the new ones annoying except for i have a crush on everyone involved with the eccleston-doctor-era. and the daleks, all of them. but the newest doctors make me stabby. still, it's like watching sports, where i like to watch just to snark and yell, so it's enjoyable.

i remember watching dr who as a little kid, sneakily, at a friend's house (i was maybe 5?) and being really scared, so watching the old ones is really cool for me.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:13 am 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 5968
I find all Dr. Who annoying. It's too much flashing light and irritating repeated sounds. Watching Dr. Who is like being stuck in a closet with the vacuum cleaner running, a disco ball spinning, and siren lights and sounds going. Too much sensory input! The new ones are less annoying than the old ones, but I still have no interest in them. I'm married to a huge Dr. Who fan and live next door to another.

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 am 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6692
Location: Norristown, PA
torque wrote:
i find most of the new ones annoying except for i have a crush on everyone involved with the eccleston-doctor-era. and the daleks, all of them. but the newest doctors make me stabby. still, it's like watching sports, where i like to watch just to snark and yell, so it's enjoyable.

i remember watching dr who as a little kid, sneakily, at a friend's house (i was maybe 5?) and being really scared, so watching the old ones is really cool for me.


HAHAHA I love that you have a crush on Daleks.

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:07 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4950
Location: WV
My boyfriend likes science fiction, but only if he finds it to be plausible. He won't watch Dr. Who because he thinks it's implausible. I'm guessing it's because of the time travel aspect?

Whatever, more for me (or something).

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:48 pm 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 3185
Location: The Bene
I'll confess that I love Doctor Who but I think the Daleks are the least scary bad guys ever. Everyone on the show acts like they're the scariest thing in the universe, but they look like glorified Roombas.

I also confess that I <3 Matt Smith as the Doctor more than David Tenant, but that's probably because I first started watching during the Smith era and then went back to the beginning of the new series and started watching from the start. (I also like Amy Pond a lot better than Rose.)

_________________
Ain't no guarantees in life, and nothing that comes out of my vagina can change that. - Erika Soyf*cker

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], oddspongeout, Pi. and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer