| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:35 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

FootFace wrote:
ashley wrote:
I don't like candy cane Jo-Jos either. Or cookie butter.

*sputter*

But... Not even cocoa cookie butter?

I don't know! I haven't tried it. It sounds like the sort of thing I'd taste once and then be done with it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:04 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I have no idea who Ellen Page is.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:07 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Probably most famous for playing the title character Juno! That or her role in Inception.

I don't care for Dave's Killer Bread.
ETA: I guess I'm eating Eureka. It's the same idea. I don't like healthy bread. I like nutty-tasting bread that pretends to be healthy because it's brown. But not actually healthy bread.

Last edited by oddspongeout on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:08 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

HAHAHA I was just thinking about this thread and then it appeared.

My confessional: I hate baking with flaxseed. I can't stand the texture that it makes things. I will sub arrowroot powder, or pretty much anything else that isn't gritty and awful, every time a recipe calls for flaxseed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:59 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I confess that i find cat food too gross to rinse the empty cans and recycle them. They stay in the ziplock bag and go straight into the trash.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

annabazoo wrote:
I confess that i find cat food too gross to rinse the empty cans and recycle them. They stay in the ziplock bag and go straight into the trash.

I've been doing the same thing. Not so much because they're gross, but because they take too much effort to clean and I always forget to finish cleaning them if I leave them to soak. And since I'd rather not have that smell in my kitchen, I just chuck them immediately instead of setting them aside in the vain hope I'll want to bother in a week's time when the stuff is now dried and caked on. I'm so lazy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 am 
WRETCHED

Cat food cans are gross and we were on a dry only diet until last year when my cat got a bladder stone. A recent checkup indicated that they needed even more wet food. We have a trash can for recyclables though so I rinse the can well and put it in the recyclable trash can. I've totally thrown away back of the fridge experiments though without even trying to rinse even those in my 'good' Tupperware.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm about to do that with some beans that have been sitting in the fridge for ... well, let's just say far too long. It's a good container, but I'm not about to open it in order to clean it because old beans are just about the worst.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:54 pm 

Cleaning out the fridge is the worst. Mold makes my gag reflex go crazy, so cleaning the fridge usually involves me trying not to vomit all over everything. I wish my fridge was like this:
http://xkcd.com/1109/
It would make life so much easier.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:52 pm 
Nailed to the V

I really like country music. Like the bad stuff. Sometimes people say things for solidarity(?) that they also like country, like old country, like example, example, example. And then I have to really be clear and be like 'no, like, Straight Tequila Night is my favorite song.'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:54 pm 
Nailed to the V

and I'm obviously one of those people who say 'like' tooo much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:59 pm 

rachell37 wrote:
annabazoo wrote:

I've been doing the same thing. Not so much because they're gross, but because they take too much effort to clean and I always forget to finish cleaning them if I leave them to soak. And since I'd rather not have that smell in my kitchen, I just chuck them immediately instead of setting them aside in the vain hope I'll want to bother in a week's time when the stuff is now dried and caked on. I'm so lazy.

Thank you for this. I've been doing the same, and feeling guilty.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't think anyone loves doing dishes, but is there anything worse to wash than muffin tins? I want to bake muffins today but just thinking of washing the tin as put me off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:20 am 
Nailed to the V

I should wake the kid up after his nap but I want to spend more time by myself doing nothing...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:46 am 
And you never will.

Moon wrote:
I don't think anyone loves doing dishes, but is there anything worse to wash than muffin tins? I want to bake muffins today but just thinking of washing the tin as put me off.

Oh man, I feel you! This is why I always use cupcake liners, even though I know muffins don't really need them. I just hate washing the tins so much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:19 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

today i am at that stage of getting better (we all caught something flu-like over carnaval) where the fever breaks and you're sweating and ravenous but can't really smell or taste. I ate the most disgusting concoction of black eyed peas with red curry paste- no coconut milk, no other seasoning, just curry paste and water. It tasted okay, by which i mean it had no taste. then i had a chocolate protein drink. also: no taste. wouldn't mind getting my taste and smell back sometime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

torque wrote:
today i am at that stage of getting better (we all caught something flu-like over carnaval) where the fever breaks and you're sweating and ravenous but can't really smell or taste. I ate the most disgusting concoction of black eyed peas with red curry paste- no coconut milk, no other seasoning, just curry paste and water. It tasted okay, by which i mean it had no taste. then i had a chocolate protein drink. also: no taste. wouldn't mind getting my taste and smell back sometime soon.

Aw, I'm sorry you're sick! I have to say though that the first thing I thought from your post was, good thing you can't taste because that mix of food would give me the burps and it would taste and smell super nasty!

feel better!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

poopiebitch wrote:
Moon wrote:

Oh man, I feel you! This is why I always use cupcake liners, even though I know muffins don't really need them. I just hate washing the tins so much.

Me too!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I use paper towels to scrub out the gluten from bread and seitan-making bowls because I don't want to muck up my sponge. I always feel bad about the waste even though the sponge would pbly be cashed if I used it instead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:11 pm 
And you never will.

emmalv wrote:
I use paper towels to scrub out the gluten from bread and seitan-making bowls because I don't want to muck up my sponge. I always feel bad about the waste even though the sponge would pbly be cashed if I used it instead.

I let them soak in boiling hot soapy water for a while, then rub the gluteny gunk off with my fingers - it does the trick without ruining my dish brush and sponge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:58 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

couroupita wrote:
feel better!! :)

thank you! I do, but i still can't taste- well, not taste correctly, anyway. most things just taste off. i promised guac tonight, guess i'll have the kid make it.....
[you just reminded me... when i was young and crazy i hosted a fancy christmas dinner party in japan... I didn't really know how to cook then, but even worse, I was just getting over a cold and my sense of taste was off. it was sooooooooo horrible. and embarrassing. the one american guest (who knew what it was supposed to taste like) arrived and tasted the food and took the hit for me in true best-friend fashion- she "accidentally" knocked the serving platter onto the floor, bless her heart. luckily my guests brought loooots of champagne and cake and everything went swimmingly.]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:00 am 
Bathes in Braggs

poopiebitch wrote:
emmalv wrote:

I let them soak in boiling hot soapy water for a while, then rub the gluteny gunk off with my fingers - it does the trick without ruining my dish brush and sponge!

My conscience shall be relieved! Thanks for the tip; I had read somewhere here, or thought I did, that hot water makes the gluten mas fuerte or something so that it was even harder to get off, and I never really tried it. (Another confession, too lazy to test out that theory.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:47 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I just ate 9 tacos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:55 pm 
And you never will.

This thread is for confessions, not brags.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I want 9 more

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next