| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 741 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

I think the 30 bananas part isn't literal, just supposed to get the point about eating a ton of fruit across. It's been a while since I read about it, lemme see...

Quote:
Q. What does a banana girl eat in a day?

A. At least 95% of your calories come from fruit, 5% from greens, nuts and seeds. You aim to get 9-12 hours of sleep a night. You make sure you drink 3 litters of water or more a day. An average day might be:

Breakfast: Datorade: 20-30 dates blended on high speed with around 1.2-1.5 litres of water plus cinnamon to taste. Around 1300 calories

Lunch: 8-10 Mangoes/half a large jakfruit/3 pineapples

Dinner: A baby green salad with 5 chopped up bananas and 5 dates. Put aside some dates and banana and blend as sauce.

From http://thebananagirl.com/faqs.php

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:12 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

mmmmmmmmm- just saying, that whole 30bananas thing gets people very upset (on both sides), maybe best to just leave that topic lie.

I like to think instead about this Nat Geo thing that had maybe Jeff Corwin sailing for days up the Amazon and all he had to eat the whole time was a giant stalk of bananas (you figure one "clutch" of bananas can have 50 or more bananas on it). They're relatively sustaining for a while if they're all you have (like I have to tell a vegan that, amirite)

back to Potato.... i was raw for a while, and i don't think 10 apples in a day is really thaaaaat many unless it's stopping you from eating other good things like beans or whatever. i mean, some people eat 10 donuts a day, so it could be much worse.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:37 pm 
Impressive boner

Just reading about the banana thing makes my latex allergy prickle.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:29 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

The apples are cutting into the rest of my daily intake. Since having to take a long break from lifting my diet has become whacky. I need to address the issue soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:57 pm 
Saggy Butt

How about combining the apples with other fruits/veggies in smoothies? That way you can bliss out on apples, but still get a daily dose of other foods. Throw in some flaxseed oil/protein powder and bam.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:42 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I may have overplayed my concern about the apples but 10 apples a day is too many for me. It may be one of my favorite foods but I like to keep it at ~4 a day.

Also, advocating any long term diet that is based on such extremes as eating 95% fruit or anything similarly restrictive is awful. It’s potentially harmful and unhealthy long term, physiologically and mentally. Anyone selling or preaching such nonsense should be challenged by the reader/listener. The burden of proof is on the originator of the information.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

That is a lot of apples!

My confession is that my dude shaved off his beard and now I'm weirded out by his face. I think I'm subconsciously reacting badly to it too and making him feel bad. At least they grow back?

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:35 am 
WELFARIST!

Ha, I once dated a guy who had a beard when we met. About 6 months in he decided to shave it, and I was soooo nervous that I wouldn't be as into his face as his beard! Turns out, I liked his bare face way better than the beard and secretly hoped he would never grow it back.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:07 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

My boyfriend grew a beard over the winter, and I haaaaated it. It looked okay, but it went up my nose when we would make out, and if he'd go to kiss me goodbye or whatever after taking a sip of coffee or whatever, I'd get it all over my face. So gross.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:02 pm 
And you never will.

I may have just called some cartoon characters a "bunch of stupid f***faces" under my breath because they poured granulated sugar into cold lemonade without dissolving it first. I'm cranky today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:04 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I bet their cake frosting technique is appalling.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:13 pm 
And you never will.

pandacookie wrote:
I bet their cake frosting technique is appalling.

I shudder to think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:51 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just made this pretty nice mocha milkshake thing (which I really shouldn't be drinking at this time of night because it's quarter to ten and the caffeine and sugar will probably interfere with my sleep) but it was missing something, and I knew half a shot of rum would be perfect in it, so I added it and am drinking it.

This is in the confession thread because I posted on facebook and on one or more threads here that I was going to go a year without drinking alcohol. Which I was doing until my birthday week last week when I just thought fork it and had a third of a glass of wine on two evenings. But I sort of feel like I should say somewhere that I failed my challenge. I'm not planning on going on a bender now or anything, I just feel a bit disappointed with myself. The rum is the perfect addition though!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jordanpattern wrote:
My boyfriend grew a beard over the winter, and I haaaaated it. It looked okay, but it went up my nose when we would make out, and if he'd go to kiss me goodbye or whatever after taking a sip of coffee or whatever, I'd get it all over my face. So gross.

okay this is an aside, but one of my exes used to do that to me on purpose to me. he would take a huge exaggerated sip of coffee (or any other beverage really, just that we mostly drank coffee) and then kiss me on the cheek while I wasn't paying attention and then I would just be suddenly aware of coffee literally dripping down my face on to my neck. totally hilarious and totally gross.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Last year my husband shaved his beard off without asking me. I refused to kiss him until he grew it back. It creeped me out feeling like it was some stranger's face. (For the record, I also refused to kiss him while we were dating until he grew a moustache to go with the beard he already had. I dunno, am I weird? I really like facial hair.)

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:55 pm 
And you never will.

I don't think it's weird to have a preference for or against facial hair, but I am a little confused about what you mean by "without asking." Like, he didn't ask your opinion and then was surprised that you didn't like it, or like he didn't ask your permission?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:58 pm 

Yeah, I meant more in the sense of finding out if I cared, not that he absolutely had to get my permission or else. :-)

(Unrelated: your post was the 666th post on this thread.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm 
And you never will.

That's what I thought you meant! I totally read it wrong the first time and just wanted to clarify :)

And YEAH for being 666th. I totally planned it that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:01 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Today I made brownies for my partner, but I ended up eating half of them before he got home from work...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:15 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

fetalexplosion wrote:
That is a lot of apples!

My confession is that my dude shaved off his beard and now I'm weirded out by his face. I think I'm subconsciously reacting badly to it too and making him feel bad. At least they grow back?

This happened with my Big Ex! Thankfully he didn't like how he looked without it either. I'm not really crazy about kissing and facial hair, TBH, but some guys just look better with beards. It was a compromise I was willing to make!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:07 pm 

SoaringRaven wrote:
Today I made brownies for my partner, but I ended up eating half of them before he got home from work...

Mmm. Brownies.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:20 pm 
Semen Strong

Tofulish wrote:
My confession is I haven't watched Dr. Who. I just can't get into it. But sometimes I feel pressure to fake it, because everyone else likes it. But I don't because all I know about the show is what people here post about. And it would be me yelling "TARDIS! daleks! Stripey Scarf!" And then running away.

And now I am hopelessly and completely in love with Doctor Who. Its the most amazing show ever and I am now binge watching it while swooning like a school girl. OMG. Best thing ever.

If he's an alien, then why does he sound like he's from the North?
Plenty of planets have a North. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:22 pm 
And you never will.

Tofulish wrote:
I am hopelessly and completely in love with Doctor Who.

One of us! One of us!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:31 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I hate apples! Hate them.

I've been working for cideries for years now.

To be honest, I hate a lot of fruit. When I had an eating disorder a long time ago, I ate pretty much only an apple or a banana. I hate bananas now too (though banana bread can stay around!).

I like cider, but I hate the smell, taste, and task of apples. My husband wants to plant a (small) apple orchard because he is a cider/winemaker, and I'm disgusted by the idea of apples all around us.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:22 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I have a weird texture thing with fruit. Any fruit that can be held and bit into like an apple/peach/pear/ect. I can't do it. I must cut and slice it first. I can only very soft apples raw, any hard apple has to be cooked. Some fruits I can't bring myself to eat at all because of texture alone even though I like the taste (plums, grapes). I'm weird like that, I have no similar issues with veggies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 741 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next