| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Care package for engagement celebration ideas?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:45 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

So our best friend just proposed to his lady and we are over the moon excited that they are gettin' hitched! They live out of town and don't have a lot of cash, so I wanted to put together a care package to mail to them full of happy celebratory type things.

They don't drink, so champagne isn't an option, but maybe bubbly grape juice? And other things?

What would you put in said care package?

Post subject: Re: Care package for engagement celebration ideas?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Sexy stuff? I mean, depending on how comfortable you feel, you could just go with romantic: candles, bubble bath, chocolate. Or you could go more risque with lingerie, toys, anything you might give as a bachelorette party gift.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:30 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

If they don't drink you could definitely send bubbly cider along with some fun snacks that would pair well, like flavored olive oils and vinegars and spice mixes that you could dip bread in or some olives, vegan queso (are they vegan?) or a tapenade plus fancy crackers. I think it would be nice to put together a suggested menu so they know what to eat with what and like a candle to light and a little sweet treat for the end.

My other idea would be like a gift card to dinner or tickets to something that they could do together to celebrate their coupledom. I'm trying to remember what I was into when I got engaged. Opportunities to feel like partners or spend time together felt really special. I could see a cooking class or a workshop (my husband and I did a glassblowing class as an anniversary activity and it was super fun!) could be fun. Or maybe something they could do together like board games or something related to a shared hobby (music?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:35 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Oooh I like the idea of putting together a suggest "menu" of things to enjoy and sending along a spread of things with instructions! They aren't vegan but definitely open to it (obvs I won't put non-vegan stuff in there).