| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: had lots of fun on our pdx vacation
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:15 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

just wanted to share how wonderful and delicious my husband and i thought Portland and the surrounding areas were on our little vacation last week. we are both bummed to be home (mostly because that means we have to go to work)

we loved the fact that the light rail was FREE in the downtown area. and we were staying at the double tree on multnomah so we were the last free stop on the line!
we hit up all the touristy spots
we hit up voodoo donuts twice (almost 3x but the third time it was 11pm, there was a line around the corner and i had to pee and i dont like walking around unfamiliar cities late at night) i LOVED the chico-stick donut.
we went to the saturday market and bought hippie crafts.
went to two different stumptown locations
bought a couple used books and postcards at Powells.
walked EVERYWHERE
went to Ground Kontrol twice (my husband LOVED it there....yes hes a geek)
my husband is big into craft ale so i think we hit every damn craft brewery in your town, Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, Lucky Lab (my favorite because i pet all the pooches outside), and we went to a bunch of bars.
for vegan restaurants we went to Laughing Planet (ok not vegan but i got a vegan burrito, yum!)
Vita Cafe twice (my favorite)
Nicholas (HOLY crepe DELICIOUS VEGAN MEZZA PLATE!!!!)
Blossoming Lotus (i thought it was ok, not like astounded or anything but good, too pricey for me)
Red & Black Cafe (my husband was not a fan and kept referring to it as the anarchist commie cafe; but he also ended up with the curdled soy milk in his coffee that was discussed in the breakfast thread)
i cant remember where else we ate, im drawing a blank!
i did get a cupcake at Sweet Pea Bakery and i dont know why but the cupcake itself tasted like cardboard. it was SO DRY. the frosting was delicious but the cake part was dry. i got a mocha one and it also happened to be gluten free so i dont know if that contributed to it but i was bummed about that.
we also did a bike tour of the columbia river gorge (so gorgeous!) and we drove out to Mt St Helens which I LOVED!!!

we want to move out there!!! too bad we cant sell our house :-P stupid crappy real estate market