| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Know of a good dog walker/want to walk my dogs?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:24 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Hey PPK PDX, I recently got a full time job and I also go to school, so that is leaving my dogs alone at home at lot more often than I am comfortable with. They would love a dog walker. I am turning to vegans for advice because I really don't trust just simple googling a dog walking service and saying "okay, here are keys to my home and access to my two most special loved ones in the whole world". Us vegans understand! I hope... anyways. Do you know a service and/or a random person and/or you who is super kind to animals, trustworthy with keys to a house, and would like to walk two cute dogs who live around the 60th Max station maybe twice/three times a week? Times would be negotiable between 10AM and 4PM. Walk would only be for about 15 minutes, I don't know if it's their breed but they can't go very long. I don't know much about pay for something like this, maybe 15 bucks a walk? Negotiable.

This came off more like an ad there at the end. Oh well, any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Know of a good dog walker/want to walk my dogs?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:26 pm 
Naked Under Apron

are they big dogs? do they get along with other dogs?

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:39 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I know someone that may be interested. She's going to be dog sitting for us while we're away for Thanksgiving. She has a ton of experience and, drum roll...she's vegan! I'll contact her and see if it's alright to send along her email address.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:21 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Hey, they are small (pekingese) and one is confirmed good with other dogs but not too sure on the other. I'm not too sure because though she's alright (alright meaning, just kind of avoids) in off-leash dog parks, sometimes I have questioned her behavior on leash.

Oh and I should mention, if you know someone/a service you love that is not vegan, that's fine, I didn't mean to imply so much that I was only interested in vegans (well, in a perfect world, yeah I would be).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:49 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Awh. I'm in the same boat, Mars. Our little pup is at home alone for about 4 hours during the week and one day he's alone for a full 8+ hours. We lay down puppy pads, but it's totally not cool and we feel bad about leaving such a young'un home alone for so long.

Good luck with your pups and congrats on the new job. I'm in North Portland by University of Portland, so if you hear anything about a trustworthy doggie person up here, let me know!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 am 
Tofu Pup

Lumpy wrote:
Awh. I'm in the same boat, Mars. Our little pup is at home alone for about 4 hours during the week and one day he's alone for a full 8+ hours. We lay down puppy pads, but it's totally not cool and we feel bad about leaving such a young'un home alone for so long.

Good luck with your pups and congrats on the new job. I'm in North Portland by University of Portland, so if you hear anything about a trustworthy doggie person up here, let me know!

Lumpy --
I registered on the new site to let you know that I have a Boston Terrier who is 5 mos. old (I'm assuming that's you and your pup in the picture). Let me know what day of the week you're needing help and I'll let you know if I'm ever free that day so that we can work something out. I work 4 days a week and the days vary. I'm up in Vancouver, but just over the state line off of I-5 and I could transport your pup at least one way on any day that it actually worked out for us. Also I have an ex-roommate who works on Alberta and used to be a dog walker. She loves pups and might be available to help. I'm not on the ppk much, but my sister is procrastinatingcook and kittee is a close friend of mine and they can vouch for my relative sanity. My email address is kimcannard<at>gmail.com.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:01 am 
Naked Under Apron

mamakim wrote:
Lumpy --
I registered on the new site to let you know

lumpy! you are magic. now if we can just get her to upload an avatar, she might stick around a tiny bit.

xo
kittee

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar