| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to live? Who to live with?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:20 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Hello!

I've started looking for my next place to live here in Portland - this seems like an excellent place to continue my search. The folks I live with now are relocating and while they are nice folks, I'd much rather just live with another vegan or few! I'm open to either moving into an already established place or finding a cool person to get a place with. Please read what I share below and let me know what questions you have!

About me - I am/do/don't, etc:
- Vegan since the early 90s
- friendly & mellow
- in my 30s
- employed full time at the same job for over 5 years now
- dad to three great Vegan! kids. They live with their mama / my "ex"
- don't smoke, drink or use drugs
- turn off the lights when I leave an (empty of people) room
- love to be outdoors, particularly hiking & camping
- love to travel (yay for http://www.couchsurfing.org !) close to home is great, around the world would be lovely
- very respectful of others & an easy person to live with
- typically either working, otherwise out & about. When I'm at home I tend to be either reading or sleeping.

What I'm looking for in a living space:
- Flexible on location though I do have a strong preference for the east side & definitely want to be near at least 1 main TriMet route such as the 75, 72, 70, 17, 4, 9 05 14 bus lines. Close to People's Coop or Food Fight! would be great.
- Cheaper is better. I currently pay approximately $500 a month with utilities - this is about my max. I'd like to pay less than $300 a month, including utilities.
- At least a 6 month lease. If everything is going well, I'd like to stay put for at least a year or two.
- My room / personal space can be relatively small and/or "nontraditional" (finished shed/garage, large closet, etc) provided that it is clean, dry, safe, etc.

What I look for in housemates:
- Vegans! I assume that almost everyone here on PPK is but its still worth saying.
- Open minded & respectful/tolerant of people generally - so no homo/trans-phobic folks, racists, sexists, etc.
- Respectful & responsible communication. You got a problem? Yo, I'll solve it! ;-p
- Smoke-free, little or no drinking or intoxicant use - at least in the house.
- Kid-friendliness! My kids are respectful of others and I need a space where they are welcomed or at least respectfully tolerated. They live with their mother and typically will stay with me only on Friday nights, sometimes a little more when they aren't in school. I'm quite happy to live with other parents and kids.

Ideally, we'll become friends who at least share a meal and/or do an activity in/or out of the house once in a while. Not a requirement, just a bonus!

Post subject: Re: Where to live? Who to live with?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:43 am 
Huffs Nooch

Upon further consideration I am also open to shorter leases, month-to-month, house-sitting, subletting and other options. At least until I find something more long term.