| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Visiting Oregon in July! Can I visit you?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:52 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

This summer I will be on a road trip with my partner (elahrairah13 on here) and 6 year old daughter.

We will be camping, staying with friends, and couchsurfing.

And it occurred to us that it might be fun to see if any ppkers want to be couchsurfing hosts for us. Neither of us is extremely active on here these days, but we know some names, and even if we don't know each other, we'll have the vegan thing in common, and it could be fun.

We're pretty much only ever looking to stay for one night. We like meeting new people, and like talking and swapping stories of life and adventures over a meal.
We generally arrive in the late afternoon and hit the road the next morning. We tend to be night people (but we won't keep you up if you're not!) We are not high maintenance, so if you're interested but think your place is too small... it's probably not too small.

Our rough schedule:
Sat July 20 - Winnemucca, NV - I assume we're camping around here. Probably not a lot of couchsurfing hosts.
Sun July 21 - south central Oregon - Fremont National Forest? - I assume we're camping around here too.
Mon July 22 - Redwoods National/State Parks. We're probably camping again. We can use any suggestions for awesome (short) hikes, campgrounds, which of the state parks to visit, etc.
Tues July 23 - Traveling up the Oregon coast and going to see Cape Perpetua. Camping?
Wed July 24 - Portland. Can we stay with you? Will you show us the best vegan restaurant(s)?

after that: north into Washington. Going to cross-post that to the Seattle forum. If you have advice on Mount Rainier National Park or North Cascades National Park, help us there!

http://www.facebook.com/carrotmonogamy

Post subject: Re: Visiting Oregon in July! Can I visit you?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:12 pm 
One Trick Dick

For Redwoods action, I prefer Jedediah Smith. Campsite is next to the Smith River, really nice. There are a lot of trails in the area. Boy Scout Trail, Ladybird Grove, Avenue of Giants, bunch of other stuff nearby... I also recommend the drive into Arcata for some good breakfast and finnish hot tubs.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I get along really well with 6-year olds, though I'm not sure about my schedule/roommate situation in July, but you can PM me if you like obnoxious cats. I do have a futon in the living room of my tiny apartment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:08 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

alan wrote:
For Redwoods action, I prefer Jedediah Smith. Campsite is next to the Smith River, really nice. There are a lot of trails in the area. Boy Scout Trail, Ladybird Grove, Avenue of Giants, bunch of other stuff nearby... I also recommend the drive into Arcata for some good breakfast and finnish hot tubs.

Thank you! The whole "National & State Parks" thing has made planning that stop a little harder... normally for national parks it's pretty easy to get a sense of what I want to do by going to the nps.gov site, plus maybe on-site adjustments after talking to the entrance folks and/or visitors center folks. The way this park is actually several parks dispersed over 50 miles is making that a bit tougher for me. Or has just made me more reluctant to start.
Jebediah Smith is also more convenient for us based on where we are coming from and where we are going, so that's nice.
We will probably camp, but I'm kicking around the idea looking for a couchsurfing host in Crescent City instead.

strawberryrock wrote:
I get along really well with 6-year olds, though I'm not sure about my schedule/roommate situation in July, but you can PM me if you like obnoxious cats. I do have a futon in the living room of my tiny apartment.

sent! yay obnoxious cats!