| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GiveBack Nutrient Cycling Project (don't flush!)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Nicole was recently referred to me from a vegan meetup. She is looking for people to help with some advance research for a unique new recycling/reuse project! She's planning on several focus group sessions, one with vegans. Since we've discussed using urine on several PPK threads, I thought this might be a good place to post it!

"Focus Group Invitation

Human urine provides similar nutrients to conventional fertilizer. It’s currently being used in other countries, on both edible and non-edible crops, but has yet to be used commercially in the United States. Farmers in the Pacific Northwest have an ongoing nutrient need for their crops and urine could help meet this need. But farmers are dependent on their customers so it’s really important to hear what consumers’ attitudes would be towards farmers using this type of fertilizer. Come share your perspective on this topic!

The GiveBack Nutrient Cycling Project is seeking men & women, of any age, to participate in a focus group on the use of human urine as a commercial fertilizer. Participants will be compensated with wonderful pastry treats from Back to Eden, for 60-90 minutes of their time.

There are a few venue options throughout Portland so the date, time and location will be scheduled to be most convenient for the participants.

Please contact Nicole Cousino, to participate, or for more information, nicolecous@gmail.com or 510-684-9892."