| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Natural Selection vegan restaurant- opening soon?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:55 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Yeah save it for special, special occasions. I just hope they will keep it at least half vegan and won't go all dairy crazy. Still a bit bummed it's not all vegan. My heart still belongs to Portobello.

Post subject: Re: Natural Selection vegan restaurant- opening soon?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:15 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Finally.

I've been dying to go since they opened, but I've been waiting for a special occasion. So the boyfriend and I decided we wanted to help ring in the new year with a fantastic meal. And we weren't disappointed.

It was very pricey. Since the NYE menu was special, we paid $50/person. We were going to be doing more drinking later, so instead of the wine pairings we split a $23 bottle of wine. It was hard spending this much on dinner when we weren't totally stuffed by the end (though we were pleasantly satisfied), but I still recommend this as a great treat.

They did the dinner a bit differently than they normally do on NYE - they have five courses, and there was only one option for each. Everything was listed as vegan except one of the salads, but they substituted out the m parmesan for seasoned tvp. I'm kicking myself because I can hardly remember all of the courses - trying to get a copy of the menu right now! But the notable items included the pasta with Oregon black truffles, the chickpea/red quinoa cabbage wrap, and the warm chocolate cake. Outside of the five courses, there was also champagne and grapefruit granita for a palate cleanser and locally made truffles that came with the check. It was an epic meal.

Also to note, the space is lovely and intimate, the service was spectacular, and the view of the kitchen made this a fun place to dine.

Check it out!

Of Capsicums & Things."