| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sacramento airport area eats?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:39 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Hi guys, i live in western Mendocino County and will picking up my mother in law from the airport for the holidays around noon on Tuesday and she's let me know she is expecting us to go for lunch before we start the drive back. Here's the thing- she is a elderly southern woman who is gracious but really used to her meat and potatoes/white bread/ canned green beans.She doesn't do spicy food and doesn't like ethnic food (unless you count italian). Oh, and i have a 2 1/2 year old who will have just spent 2+ hours in a car (and will have 2+ more to go) so it will need to be casual enough that he not disturb others. It doesn't have to be completely vegan, but vegan friendly would be soo good, if i don't find anything, i will pack a bunch of hummus and veggies and bread and take her to a chain and we'll eat our own food.

We only moved out here in October, so i really have no idea about locations, so i am open to your suggestions. thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Sacramento airport area eats?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:58 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I avoid Sacto like it's the plague (because it is, there, I said it). That said, a good compromise might be the Johnny Rocket's in the mall downtown. They serve Boca burgers and your MIL can get her dead thing as bloody as she wants. The 2 1/2 year old will probably love the kitschy old timeyness of it all, plus on-table juke boxes.

ETA and it's obviously super family-friendly, so if the little one needs to have a meltdown it won't be the end of the world!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:54 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

If you go south on I-5 a few miles (5 or 6?) you'll find a number of chain restaurants off Del Paso Rd. There's a Panera there. I've stopped there before on the way to/from the airport. It's boring but at least you'll eat.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:46 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

thanks guys, i will have to look into panera- i think they have some soups and hummus sammies. I don't think i will make it into town, but if i do, but from other threads, it looks like it has good vegan choices. I'm still recovering from 2 years in the middle of an iowa farm community, were there was nothing i could eat within an hour and a half of me, realizing maybe i don't always have to pack my own food...