| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Day Trips!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:43 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

isnt the peanuts museum in santa rosa, i live ab an hour north of there in mendocino, and i would recommend the county for day trips, it is ab 2 hours to major areas of the county- mendocino and all the coast towns along rt 1 are very nice and have lots of vegan friendly places. the anderson valley is my favorite place to take guests, but you have to go a bit longer then 2 hrs from the city, since its all back roads. not as much to eat in the small towns, but people are accommodating, there are so many hippies moving through, it seems impossible to make a request and get a bad or negative reaction to it. We have quite a few vegan wineries (and lots of organic farms and orchards) in the county, just north of my town, Ukiah, which is off of 101, there are several. I am super excited that my town now has a vegan, gluten free Jamaican soul lunch spot (there is already an amazing vegan lunch place outside of town at the local Buddhist monastery).but honestly, as much as i love my town, it hasn't developed into a day trip place yet. Elsewhere in the county, there are also some funny/hippie hot springs here and also quite a few in Lake county, which is probably 2 hours from SF. An SF friend went and stayed at a place in lake county with hot springs and tree houses. We also have several redwood groves which are quiet, but not remote or difficult to hike.

full disclosure, i've only lived here just over a year and i'm a home body, so i really don't leave my county (i don't even get over to the coast as much as i'd like), i have dear friends in SF and haven't been down to see them yet.

Post subject: Re: Day Trips!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:28 pm 
Tofu Pup

The Stanford Inn is expensive, i've been there a few times and recommend getting the cabin (Garet Suite) near the llamas, it's cheaper and has a kitchen so you aren't eating out for every meal. Included in the room rate (about 200/night) is breakfast for two (the citrus polenta is AMAZING!!). this place is all vegan, all the time, and have an organic farm on site. Dinner there is delicious and really expensive, but if you're doing a special weekend away, do it.