| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good veg-friendly cafes with wifi?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:42 am 
Kale Wreath

This is a bit last-minute, but I'm doing some thesis work in SF right now, and tomorrow I've got to get some computer work done and was hoping to find a nice cafe to do some of it in. I stopped by a couple of places in various areas today and was surprised that a lot of them didn't have wifi. I totally get that a lot of places don't like customers sitting with their laptops for hours, but there must be some places (besides starbucks) that are okay with it and have some nice vegan treats as well? I'm staying between Inner Sunset and Haight but would be willing to go as far as downtown. Let me know if you've got any suggestions. Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: Good veg-friendly cafes with wifi?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:51 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Mercury Cafe on Octavia has vegan brownies, soup, sandwiches and chili. I like it there.

Mojo on Divis has bagels and fruit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am a fan of wine bars, so here's some suggestions in that vein...

Yield is in the Dogpatch and has free wifi and awesome vegan flatbread pizza and appetizers, though they serve ONLY wine and water for libations. Their sibling cafe, Pause, is in Hayes Valley, and I understand that they have a more diverse menu, though I've never eaten there.

Nook in Nob Hill/Russian Hill area has wifi until 6PM (then they shut it off so that the evening crowd can be social, which I think is a very cool way to run things--come and work during the day, then shut it down and socialize and booze in the evening!), and although they only have one or two vegan sammiches, I really like them. They are a wine bar, but they also serve coffee and what-have-you. I think they MIGHT have vegan cookies or something.

None of those places are super convenient for you, but I figured I'd throw the knowledge out there in case someone else can use it or you decide to journey a little!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm 
Kale Wreath

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up going to Mercury cafe because it was more convenient for that day, it was perfect for what I wanted. The next day I was in the Mission near St. Francis Fountain and saw tons of places that looked like they'd fit the bill, maybe for the next time I visit :). I'm so envious of you people who actually get to live here!