| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a New Home in Santa Cruz
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:07 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Well, pending whether or not I hear back from these people (I sent them an e-mail yesterday and followed-up today), Uno the cat and I are going to be needing to find a new home in 30-60 days.
My housemate whom I sublease from has decided to have his girlfriend move in and for me to move out.

I just thought I might throw that out here in case anyone knows of anything!

On a related note I am heavily contemplating going on a bicycle trip this summer and so I would probably need to find a temporary home just for Uno. He is really cool and I think he would get along with other cats well, and probably all animals as long as they are nice! So any help or advice on that front would also be much appreciated, maybe it will help my get my butt in gear and hit the road!

Post subject: Re: Looking for a New Home in Santa Cruz
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:27 pm 

Yeah I'm just not hearing back from anyone about housing, and its looking more and more that I'm going to go for this bike trip this summer!

I want to come down the coast from Vancouver, WA and ultimately end up back here in Santa Cruz. I'm thinking it can be done in one month pretty easily, but I think I'd like to take 6 weeks to maybe even 2 months max so I can take my time and really soak it in (one week in Portland to pig-out, please?). I also am brainstorming about how I can stop in towns and fund-raise along the way.. but the big thing I need to figure out is where Uno (7 year-old fixed male cat) can stay while I'm gone. I know technically I could take him along in a trailer or something (admittedly some weird part of me wants to) but he wasn't raised like that, I have to imagine he'd prefer just chilling on warm windowsill somewhere.

So I know this going out on a limb but I guess what I'm imagining is maybe someone who has a few cats already to where one more wouldn't be that big of an impact. I could pay for cat food, boarding, what-have-you while I'm gone.. I'm also planning on making it a fundraiser for Farm Sanctuary which I'll probably talk about in this thread, so then you could look at it sort of like a charity donation (sort of).

Another thing is I would be willing to drive him pretty far for a good home, definitely anywhere in Bay Area and probably whole Central Coast would be great.

Thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: Looking for a New Home in Santa Cruz
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:50 pm 

Update: I found a good spot for me and Uno, I think I'm going to put off the bike trip for now and just work on getting my credit card paid off, all that fun stuff.

I'm going to go back to live and work at this really cool farm I worked at last year. It's a in a beautiful spot, and they have 3 kittens there, and other cats too! I am very excited for Uno to get to hang out with kittens.

Anyways thanks for the good vibes, everything worked out!