| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Rad Vegan Housemate for the Summer!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:43 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

My roommate is leaving to work at a Summer Camp and we are looking to sublet her room from mid June until the end of August. We like to keep a family type vibe in the house rather than have it feel like strangers just living together so we are looking for an awesome summer addition.

It's a pretty nice deal; You pay 287/mo (except for June, which will be $144), stay in a pretty decent apartment with a washer/dryer, a nice-sized room, live with two really great people, and enjoy the company of a lovely Dachshund, and possibly even a cat and a rabbit. The room will also be furnished which is awesome (however if you have your own stuff we can figure something out). There's a "fire escape" in the back that leads down to a small plot of land and some grass where you can hang your laundry if you choose, as well as a balcony in the front. Utilities are about $50/mo per person.

The area is southwest Philly (Basically 53rd and Baltimore.) It's a super short walk to Firehouse Bikes, and the Satellite Cafe. There's a Fresh Grocer on 40th and Walnut. You can take the 34 to CC or the EL (which is about a 15 min walk). If you have a car, there's always parking. It's a nice area with mostly families and a school at the end of the block.

We are looking specifically for a Vegan.

The people you could potentially be living with:

Lauren: 25 yrs old. Works as a vegan cook and professional woodswoman, takes care of an elderly lady, plays roller derby. Super friendly, and sweet. Owner of Butter, one of the coolest dogs ever.
Alex: 26, works at a publishing company as well as at a teacher of an after school program. Also the frontman of band. Laid back, friendly, and a great for in-depth intellectual conversations. He'll be in and out for most of the summer, so you might not see him much.

We both love the outdoors, cooking, listening to metal/rap and working out.

We're looking for someone, laid back, friendly, who will keep all the common areas, and their dishes cleaned on a regular basis. You need to pay the bills on time. If you love to cook and work out, that's a plus. I don't drink and would prefer to have someone that isn't a big drinker, drugs makes me uncomfortable as well. Animals are okay as long as they get along with my dachshund or any foster dog that might be passing through.

If you're interested, please shoot me an e-mail with some info about yourself, as well as when you'll be available to check the place out and meet us. Thanks! lauren.hooks@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Looking for Rad Vegan Housemate for the Summer!
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:14 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I can vouch for these guys. Lauren and Alex are both awesome. I highly recommend looking into this place if you need a summer sublet!

-beka

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:12 am 
Saggy Butt

Lauren rules! Someone should definitely take her up on this offer

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think ChoirQueer needs a place!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:50 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Emailed ya. :)