| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possibly couch-surfin' for a week
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:32 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Hi! So, my residency at Pendle Hill ends on June 11. We're trying to figure out if there's enough funding for me to stay here at least a little while longer to work in the library, but it may be the case that I need to leave on June 11. I have a bunch of plans involving travel this summer, but I also made a commitment to do at least two days of volunteer service at the Quaker conference office in Philly before the big summer conference gathering in July, so I need to stay in the area for at least a little while longer after June 11. So I am wondering if anyone would like to have a sweet, well-mannered purple-headed vegan who will cook for you, to visit your couch/guestroom/futon for a few days or maybe a week starting June 11. I may have other options as well, but if possible I'd prefer to stay with vegans who would actually appreciate my cooking skills. ;-)

My only restriction is, I'm seriously allergic to some chemical/scented products, most especially cat litter products (anything scented or "clumping"). I'm not allergic to cats, just cat litter, so if you've got unscented non-clumping products, or if your litter box is kept far far away from people, it's probably fine, but if you keep your litter box in the bathroom, I won't be able to go in the bathroom.

I still don't actually know what I'm doing after June at all, but I promise to let you guys know if I'm staying in the area or not!

Post subject: Re: Possibly couch-surfin' for a week
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

If you want to come stay with us you are more than welcome! But we live in Jersey, I take the train into the city mon-fri for work, and there are buses.

We have a sofa you can have, and I have been itching to set up my guest room. So now I have the perfect exscuse!

And we have a cat. But we use feline pine litter, and its in the basement.

Let me know, we would love to have you!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:46 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

If our cat litter set up works for you, you're welcome to our couch as well! The box could go in the other room too if that is better.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Thanks both of you! I'm still waiting to hear about some options closer to here, but if I don't hear by tomorrow I am going to start planning other stuff, for real. Dynah, whatever you did with the cat litter last time was fine, I guess maybe you put it in your room? I think it would be better for me if I could stay with you because you live like a block away from where I'll be working. I'll let you know as soon as I can whether that turns out to be the best option.

Gracia, I may end up needing somewhere to crash for a stretch later in the summer, so I'll get back to you about that. Thank you!