| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Atiya Ola's Cafe - University City
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i had never heard of this place before, but i got an e-mail from levelup that they've just joined the ranks. apparently it's a 100% vegetarian cafe that "specializes in raw food" and is vegan friendly

45th and Baltimore
(215) 939-3298

if you hadn't joined levelup yet, click here, and you'll get $5 credit to use anywhere. they're a cardless/cashless payment system that rewards you for dining/shopping at any place that accepts it. https://www.thelevelup.com/join/43950 (i'm such a shill) there's also a $2 credit attached to atiya ola's, so an automatic $7 credit there. (they also have mugshots, sweet freedom, fuel, basic 4 vegetarian, santa fe burrito, kauffmann's produce, garden fresh produce, cedars, a full plate, home slice, great harvest bread, casona & pop shop and they're always adding more.)

Post subject: Re: Atiya Ola's Cafe - University City
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

It's not 100% vegetarian unless they've changed their menu recently. They definitely serve meat on their breakfast menu. Their vegan selection is not that great either....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

aaah! thanks. i really dislike when restaurants or daily deal sites, or compilers such as levelup describe a place that isn't 100% vegetarian as if it is. this is what they say:
Quote:
University City, it looks like you did not heed Dad’s “everything is good in moderation” warning. Detox from your excessive ways at Atiya Ola’s Cafe, a vegan-vegetarian cafe that specializes in raw food. Hold the judgement! Their fresh food is incredibly flavorful. Hummus and pitas. Breakfast bowls packed with eggs and sweet potato home fries. Rich, vegan Chocolate Cake. Clearly this is not your bland veg-itarium. Oh, and if you want to tack on another activity in the quest for total health domination, there’s a yoga studio across the street! With this food as fuel, you might actually make it out of child’s pose.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:07 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

http://philadelphia.menupages.com/resta ... foods/menu

And then you look at their menu and everything has fish in it, or is served with a side of obscure "breakfast meat." Oy vey. "Vegan-vegetarian cafe" and there are 4 vegan things on the menu, 2 of which are salads haha.

I haven't been here in years though, it could be decent.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:28 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I was silently boycotting this place because I was also irritated that it was seemingly advertised as a veg place and then still served meat. However, I ended up there when I was doing a raw stint just to see what raw offerings they have and was surprisingly impressed. The woman behind the counter (assuming she was the owner) was incredibly nice and I liked everything that I ate there (and I am picky.) They had blueberry moss juice which was pretty great too. I felt silly for being mad after being there and I'd definitely go back. Yes they do serve meat but the more vegan options in the city the better and before Jar Bar opened I believe they were the only place in the city doing raw stuff (someone please chime in if I'm wrong because if there is another raw place I need to try it!)