Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2048
Page 1 of 2

Author:  philadelphegan [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

...your town SUCKS.

Now that we have our own phorum (ugh) can we decide once and for all what phucking vegan steak sandwich is the one ring to rule them all?

Blackbird's seitan cheesesteak?
Monk's seitan cheesesteak?
Govinda's chicken cheesesteak?
The one at the ballpark?

Are there others?

Author:  IsaChandra [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Phorum rocks, don't be jealous.

Author:  RandiJM [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

I was hoping someone would have already posted the 30 Rock clip in such a thread! You rock!

Author:  RandiJM [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

IsaChandra wrote:
Phorum rocks, don't be jealous.


I approve. It's very phitting.

Author:  philadelphegan [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

I'd object more vocally, but I'd be crushed under the weight of the hypocrisy *glances at username* so... phine.

Author:  philadelphegan [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

I only have 23 posts and I'm not at the GrindBird book signing... I'm such a nobody.

Author:  xstartxtodayx [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Blackbird for the win! By far!! I've had Govinda's, Monk's, Sketch's, Pope's, Campo's at Citizen's Bank Park and Blackbird's definitely trumps all.

Author:  amandabear [ Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

My vote goes to Govinda's, but I like faux-chicken way, way more than faux-steak, so I am biased.

Author:  GraciaKai [ Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

philadelphegan wrote:
I only have 23 posts and I'm not at the GrindBird book signing... I'm such a nobody.

You should have been there!

Govinda's "chicken" cheese steak blows Blackbirds out of the water in my opinion. Both are damn yummy. But, Govindas is insanely creamy and ooey gooey.

With that said, these are the only two I have tried. So I probably should not pick a winner until I have eaten them all. And, I thought the cheese used at the ballpark was not vegan. How can you have a vegan cheese steak with non vegan cheese? Am I getting that info wrong?

The last piece of meat I ever ate was at Monks and it made me sick :( Should I try their vegan cheese steak?

Author:  Eric. [ Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

The P.O.P.E. has a seitan version, had it once, wasnt anything to blow you away.

Sabrina's has one, had it a while ago, cant remember much about it so i figure it was average as well.

Homeslice in Northern Liberties makes a bunch of varieties, still need to try one though.

Author:  philadelphegan [ Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

GraciaKai wrote:
Govinda's "chicken" cheese steak blows Blackbirds out of the water in my opinion. Both are damn yummy. But, Govindas is insanely creamy and ooey gooey.

With that said, these are the only two I have tried. So I probably should not pick a winner until I have eaten them all. And, I thought the cheese used at the ballpark was not vegan. How can you have a vegan cheese steak with non vegan cheese? Am I getting that info wrong?

Yeah depending on how many overpriced Bud Lights I've had by the time I make it there, sometimes I remember to not get cheese (in which case it's not a cheesesteak) and sometimes I don't care (in which case I'm not a vegan.) And then I wash it down with crab fries, which are not actually made with crab *phew*.

Eric. wrote:
Homeslice in Northern Liberties makes a bunch of varieties, still need to try one though.

I forgot about Homeslice! Why is everything good on the other side of Center City? Good thing this is such a small town.

Blackbird seitan vs. Govinda chicken. A battle for the ages, I guess.

Author:  philadelphegan [ Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Eric. wrote:
The P.O.P.E. has a seitan version, had it once, wasnt anything to blow you away.

What is this P.O.P.E.?

Author:  Eric. [ Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

philadelphegan wrote:
Eric. wrote:
The P.O.P.E. has a seitan version, had it once, wasnt anything to blow you away.

What is this P.O.P.E.?


Pub On Passyunk East

Author:  theppkate [ Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Has anyone tried Frak's Steaks in Manayunk? I haven't had a chance to make it out there yet, but they started serving them up a month or so ago.

Author:  philadelphegan [ Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Eric. wrote:
Pub On Passyunk East

Thanks. Once again, I am so on the wrong side of town.

Author:  Eric. [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

philadelphegan wrote:
Eric. wrote:
Pub On Passyunk East

Thanks. Once again, I am so on the wrong side of town.


sounds like you need to get yourself a bicycle :)

Author:  GraciaKai [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Eric. wrote:
philadelphegan wrote:
Eric. wrote:
Pub On Passyunk East

Thanks. Once again, I am so on the wrong side of town.


sounds like you need to get yourself a bicycle :)

Speaking of bicycles, I'm lovin your new avatar!

Author:  appifanie [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

GraciaKai wrote:
philadelphegan wrote:
I only have 23 posts and I'm not at the GrindBird book signing... I'm such a nobody.

You should have been there!



I keep telling him but I'm too far away for him to listen. Someone may have to drag him.

Author:  Eric. [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

GraciaKai wrote:
Speaking of bicycles, I'm lovin your new avatar!


thanks :)

figured now that I post on here I should actually get an avatar

Author:  GraciaKai [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Eric. wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
Speaking of bicycles, I'm lovin your new avatar!


thanks :)

figured now that I post on here I should actually get an avatar

Good thinkin!

Author:  philadelphegan [ Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

Eric. wrote:
sounds like you need to get yourself a bicycle :)

I have a poser-hipster bike that I need to ride more often. And I need a helmet. And it's so cold now. I think three excuses is enough.

Author:  supercarrot [ Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

philadelphegan wrote:
And it's so cold now. I think three excuses is enough.

i used to wear ski-pants over my work pants in the winter. :-) it was insanely effective. just try them over your jeans when going shopping for them. sure you'll look like a giant, but you'll be warm!
(another awesome thing about ski pants, they're too thick to get caught in your chain!)

Author:  RandiJM [ Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

QUESTION ABOUT BLACKBIRD:

I'm ordering tons of stuff tomorrow to bring home to my parents! Sooo excited. They actually are too. I hope they are impressed. (Omnis.)

We want the South Philly pizza. We are big toppings people. Last time, when we created our own, they were really stingy with the toppings; it was mostly cheese. Are they usually more generous with the toppings or should I ask them to be and accept that they might charge me extra?

Author:  philadelphegan [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

supercarrot wrote:
philadelphegan wrote:
And it's so cold now. I think three excuses is enough.

i used to wear ski-pants over my work pants in the winter. :-) it was insanely effective. just try them over your jeans when going shopping for them. sure you'll look like a giant, but you'll be warm!
(another awesome thing about ski pants, they're too thick to get caught in your chain!)

That's a good solution to the leg-warmth problem. I have runner's thermal tights-type things that I wear under my pants - that also can be effective. Although no amount of bundling-up can change my severe case of I-just-don't-wannas.

But if I don't get to Grindcore soon... I still haven't been, though I'm really motivated by almond milk lattes.

Author:  GraciaKai [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Philly rules! Cheesesteaks, Bobby Clark, Will Smith...

philadelphegan wrote:
supercarrot wrote:
philadelphegan wrote:
And it's so cold now. I think three excuses is enough.

i used to wear ski-pants over my work pants in the winter. :-) it was insanely effective. just try them over your jeans when going shopping for them. sure you'll look like a giant, but you'll be warm!
(another awesome thing about ski pants, they're too thick to get caught in your chain!)

That's a good solution to the leg-warmth problem. I have runner's thermal tights-type things that I wear under my pants - that also can be effective. Although no amount of bundling-up can change my severe case of I-just-don't-wannas.

But if I don't get to Grindcore soon... I still haven't been, though I'm really motivated by almond milk lattes.

Mmmmm, almond milk lattes are so worth it! I'm so glad I don't live close or work close. I would be there every day spending all of my money on lattes and treats.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/