| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Part of city doesn't matter. But now I have a new wrinkle because I volunteered to find a place for a bigger dinner, so now looking for a place that can accommodate 10-15 and serves alcohol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Hmm places that are big, not too noisy, and have veg/omni food... might have to think on it a bit

a couple off the top of my head: Han Dynasty, Farmicia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:12 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Cantina Los Caballitos/Dos Segundos might work for a larger omni-crowd and serves alcohol.

Han Dynasty definitely is spacious enough. (DanDan, is much much better and the new Han Dynasty spin-off, but much smaller space).

Khyber Pass Pub might be able to accommodate you if you call in advance.

Indeblue for Indian food in center city, vegan friendly and serves alcohol.

Strangelove's beer bar (and they have vegan desert!)

Zahav is amazing but $$$

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:55 am 
***LIES!!!***

Awesome, thank you!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 am 
***LIES!!!***

Wow, all of those places look pretty awesome. I'm checking with folks to see if they will tolerate Mexican food because I want to have that cheesesteak burrito at Dos Segundos.

ETA - Ooh, I really want that lemon ginger cake at Farmicia, too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:31 pm 
Tofu Pup

I have a very long list of places I would like to try here - Vedge is definitely on that list.
HipCity Veg is fantastic! Ariann - I look forward to hearing about which place you decided on, and how everyone felt about it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:19 pm 
Hip Goiter

Merry Christmas yous guys :P

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:21 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

did anyone go to the cheesesteak thing? i didnt really understand the tickets and what that got you...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:03 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Everyone: YOU MUST GO to Panda Cafe in South Philly (at Snyder and Passyunk). Really delicious, super affordable, all vegetarian/ mostly vegan Indonesian food. The owner is really knowledgeable about veganism; most menu items are automatically vegan, and most of the others can be modified to be vegan. I had the gado gado (sans egg) and Es panda (sweet iced drink with coconut milk, red beans, mung beans, and grass jelly). Boyfriend had the tofu croquettes appetizer and some noodle jawn ("Happy Panda" maybe?) and was similarly blown away. Seriously, this place is SO GOOD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:04 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

lilyyw wrote:
Everyone: YOU MUST GO to Panda Cafe in South Philly (at Snyder and Passyunk). Really delicious, super affordable, all vegetarian/ mostly vegan Indonesian food. The owner is really knowledgeable about veganism; most menu items are automatically vegan, and most of the others can be modified to be vegan. I had the gado gado (sans egg) and Es panda (sweet iced drink with coconut milk, red beans, mung beans, and grass jelly). Boyfriend had the tofu croquettes appetizer and some noodle jawn ("Happy Panda" maybe?) and was similarly blown away. Seriously, this place is SO GOOD.

thanks for the heads up!! never been but will definitely check it out!

not sure if you live down that way but went to http://amerithaiphilly.com/ for the first time a week or so ago and it was really good. They have 5-6 vegan items listed and other curries and such can be using tofu.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:09 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Oh also the vegan wing bowl is this saturday 3-5pm at The Abbaye

https://twitter.com/TheAbbaye?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:37 am 

lilyyw wrote:

I was wondering about this place!! Thanks for the heads up, I will have to check it out this weekend!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:39 pm 

xstartxtodayx wrote:
lilyyw wrote:

I was wondering about this place!! Thanks for the heads up, I will have to check it out this weekend!!

Okay I just had lunch from this place today and it is LEGIT!!! And they deliver!!! And it was delicious! And soo cheap! I didn't have a menu to order from but now that I have one in my possession, I can't wait to try everything, including those traditional drinks like the Es Panda and Es Dawet. I ordered the tofu croquettes, Delicious Panda noodles, Drunken Noodles and the Sego Kucing. Everything was very tasty and the owner was really nice. My new favorite place, I am so stoked!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:49 pm 

Glad you liked it. I can't wait to go back yet again.

Apparently Insomnia Cookies now has a vegan (and gluten-free) chocolate chip cookie. I've not tried it yet, but yay for more and more mainstream vegan options. The Center City location is conveniently near a Ben and Jerry's scoop shop. . . I'm anticipating a scoop of vegan B&J's atop a cookie in my near future.

On another note, has anyone bought the Follow Your Heart vegan egg in the Philly area?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

yeah, it's at healthworks in collingswood for $5!!!!!! (we were buying it for $7.50 on amazon!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:40 pm 
Hip Goiter

Omg wait the CC Ben & Jerrys has the vegan options for scoopies?!?! waaaaant!

My mom always likes to go to Insomnia in Manayunk after Han Dynasty in Manayunk and that smell would KILL me. I'm so glad they have a vegan one now!

I couldn't find the vegan egg anywhere when I was home a few months ago. (But I found it here (in London), weird.)

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:44 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

xstartxtodayx wrote:
Okay I just had lunch from this place today and it is LEGIT!!! And they deliver!!! And it was delicious! And soo cheap! I didn't have a menu to order from but now that I have one in my possession, I can't wait to try everything, including those traditional drinks like the Es Panda and Es Dawet. I ordered the tofu croquettes, Delicious Panda noodles, Drunken Noodles and the Sego Kucing. Everything was very tasty and the owner was really nice. My new favorite place, I am so stoked!

Was hoping to make it last weekend but didnt feel like pedaling that far south. Have a Race going on down at the naval yard this weekend and hoping to check it out!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:45 am 
Saggy Butt

lilyyw wrote:
On another note, has anyone bought the Follow Your Heart vegan egg in the Philly area?

I found it at essene. It's in the refrigerated dairy section.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:58 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Spending some time in Philly soon... We'll be in the museum of art area. And now I want to go to Ben & Jerry's hahah. I don't think we can afford Vedge prices, and I would like to try something new (so not Hip City Veg). Any recs?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:15 am 

In the art museum area. . . Mugshots, OCF Coffee House, Belgian Cafe, and there is a Whole Foods nearby if you want to grab groceries/ hot bar stuff. The art museum is so cool! If you have time, Eastern State Penitentiary is worth a tour.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:27 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

There are lots of places to eat around the Art Museum. La Calaca Feliz on Fairmount Avenue has vegan options, as does Era, the Ethiopian Restaurant at Poplar and 28th. Angelino's Pizzeria has red pie options that are vegan by default. Haven't tried the Thai or Sushi places around 26th, but they look as though they have options. V-Street is Vedge's slightly less pricey sibling, and it's near Ben and Jerry's. Vedge prices are reasonable for the quality of the food, and you can get away with ordering two dishes instead of the three they recommend, but it's still not cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:24 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

One good way to do Vedge is to go during Happy Hour... plates are $4-6 and youll be able to try 4 or 5 things. I agree that V-Street is also great and we usually end up there btw the two. Id also make sure to get some Dotties Donuts!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:41 pm 

Eric. wrote:
One good way to do Vedge is to go during Happy Hour... plates are $4-6 and youll be able to try 4 or 5 things. I agree that V-Street is also great and we usually end up there btw the two. Id also make sure to get some Dotties Donuts!

When is happy hour?

I have had Dottie's Donuts at BrewHaHa, and they are truly awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:41 pm 

Thank you all for the recs!!! I am really excited for tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:12 am 

Thank you all! We went to OCF Coffee House and that was really good. I got the vegan BLT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next