| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Blackbird Pizzeria
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:54 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

are they cake donuts? (sounds like it from the description you guys are giving) and they are properly fried, yes?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:57 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
DUDES. I just got a text from my friend that they are on their way to PHL right now and they are bringing me a cheesesteak!!!! OH MAH GAWWWWWWWW

amen!

supercarrot wrote:
are they cake donuts? (sounds like it from the description you guys are giving) and they are properly fried, yes?

i dont think they were cake doughnuts but i honestly forget. there is also a chance that i ate them a day after which obviously changes things completely.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:48 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i sent them a message. they are yeasteds, but they are planning on buying the machinery or whatever to be able to make cake donuts. (i started a dottie's donuts thread so we're not hijacking the blackbird thread.)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:59 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Had their new cheese fries last night (and a good old caesar salad. love that salad!). Very yummy. Excited to try more of the new stuff.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:04 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

And I tried the new fried chicken sandwich yesterday for lunch - it was super tasty!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:43 pm 

xstartxtodayx wrote:
And I tried the new fried chicken sandwich yesterday for lunch - it was super tasty!

yah its really good...I loaded half of mine up with franks!@ i heard talk of making a parm out of it which could be amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

xstartxtodayx wrote:

ok this is good to hear because i've had two friends tell me that they hated this sandwich. it made me sad because i haven't tried it yet and now i'm a little afraid to! but i have to try it! and the new cheesesteak with whiz! i did have the smoked tofu/pineapple pizza the other day, which was bangin'.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 am 

buttercup wrote:
xstartxtodayx wrote:

ok this is good to hear because i've had two friends tell me that they hated this sandwich. it made me sad because i haven't tried it yet and now i'm a little afraid to! but i have to try it! and the new cheesesteak with whiz! i did have the smoked tofu/pineapple pizza the other day, which was bangin'.

id be curious to know what they didnt like about it. If you dont like large pieces of seitan than I could see not liking it. The bread itself i wasnt 100% on board with... but thats nitpicking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:24 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Eric. wrote:
buttercup wrote:
xstartxtodayx wrote:

id be curious to know what they didnt like about it. If you dont like large pieces of seitan than I could see not liking it. The bread itself i wasnt 100% on board with... but thats nitpicking

Okay, glad I wasn't the only person who wasn't into the new rolls. They are narrow and hard to get all the sandwich fixings in. What I specifically liked about the new fried chicken sandwich was the seitan itself. Each seitan piece is wrapped in tofu skin and has a nice fried coating. I think your friends maybe didn't like the flavor combination with the sundried tomato tapenade AND the horseradish cream AND the shallots AND the arugula. Honestly, they could do without the tapenade and it would be a damn fine sandwich.

I tried some more new things: the charred jalapeno pineapple wings are okay - not much flavor other than "spicy." The cheese fries were good, but since I got delivery the cheese sauce kind of disappeared into the fries, so it's probably better if you get them fresh. I also got the new kale salad, and that was just okay. The mushrooms were not seasoned at all and there wasn't much kale, so it didn't really quantify the $9 price tag (even though the mushrooms are expensive.)

Super stoked on trying that new Hawaii pizza and my beloved potato pizza, which I think is a little different than the OG Yukon Gold pie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:27 pm 

yah i agree 100%... the new rolls arent wide enough for all the fun inside. yah i dont need the tapenade AND horseradish cream but he likes to 'elevate' the food. if that thing was dowsed in buffalo/BBQ/marinara I assume it would be easier to make and more people would swoon over it :) I do like the arugula touch though.

havnt tried the Hawaiian jawn yet but we did get a square potato pie. It definitely has a solid amount of fat its cooked in for the brownage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8