| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amani’S Veggie Garden Closing 11/30.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:26 am 
Saggy Butt

I've never been to this place, but I know I've seen it posted about on the boards. Reposted from my friend's blog:

For the past two years whenever I have been in Southern New Jersey, I have absolutely loved going to Amani’s Veggie Garden, (formerly Zizi’s Pure Vegetarian To Go). Amani’s is a delicious, inexpensive, all-vegan take-out restaurant located in Merchantville, New Jersey; just a few miles away from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Amani’s is privately owned by a young couple who have always used the purest of ingredients, and who have always been super-polite and accommodating. I have very fond memories of visiting this fine establishment, and since discovering recent news, I will be very sad to see it go.

Amani’s Veggie Garden will be closing for good at the end of November. (A copy of the final message is posted at the end of my message.) It may same silly to feel this way about a restaurant, but I am very upset to hear this, and even more upset that I will not be around to visit it one last time.

My advice to you is to bring your friends, family members, coworkers, etc. in as much as possible before they go out. Who knows? Maybe if they receive phenomenal business, they will not close down. I’m not counting on this, but if you live in the area, I encourage you to go in and say thank you. Thank you Amani’s for using the purest ingredients. Thank you for giving suburban kids and adults a place to get delicious, inexpensive, vegan food. Thank you for carrying on the true spirit of small-business ethics, and of d.i.y. as well.

In this world scoured and overgrown with multi-national corporations, it is rare to find small businesses with integrity. It breaks my heart every time I have to see one go down. Remember that your money is your power, and how you spend it shows what you support. Use your power wisely. If you agree with anything I just said, please feel free to re-post this anywhere.

http://touringvegan.tumblr.com/post/161 ... gie-garden

Post subject: Re: Amani’S Veggie Garden Closing 11/30.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh wow, I live 10 minutes from Merchantville and I never knew about this place. I will try to go before they close.