| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mi Lah!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:24 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I had family visiting this weekend and they took me out to dinner at Mi Lah. I've never been able to afford to eat there before. OH MY GOD EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING. The only sad thing was that we had such a late lunch (at Blackbird) that none of us could even think about dessert. But I have pleeeeeeenty of leftovers for breakfast and possibly lunch tomorrow too.

I got some magical thing involving smoked shiitakes over a fluffy edamame cake with mole sauce and brussels sprouts and I think cannellini beans. It's not on the menu on the website so it must be a new item. We all shared edamame dumplings and African sweet potato patties for appetizers. Let's see, what did other people get...there was a Curried Cauliflower Stake over Butter Spinach Puree, Yellow Squash, and Roasted Beets, an African Peanut Stew in Tomato Curry Sauce over Acorn Squash and Brown Rice, an Apple Wood Smoked Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup, and some sort of pot pie with various mushrooms and greens in a phyllo crust with cashew cream gravy that also doesn't appear on the website menu. Everything was sooooooooooooooo good.

I think this might officially be my new favorite vegan restaurant on the face of the earth. Too bad I can't afford to eat there like...ever.

Post subject: Re: Mi Lah!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:12 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience! Mi Lah gets a bad rap too often. They had issues in the past but I think they are overall pretty great now. And my issues were never with the food, only the service and other such aspects. And omnis I've gone with have loved it.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:05 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I love Mi Lah and eat there whenever I go to Philly (way too infrequently).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I had a few mediocre to terrible experiences there food-wise the first year they opened and haven't been back since. Maybe I need to give it another try!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was invited to brunch there a few months ago and it was super amazing and I ate so much food. We each got a different thing and then we all split an order of the pancakes, too. Everything was amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:19 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I ate there for the first time a few weeks ago and it was really good. I had the coconut Soup and the portobello pot pie with mushrooms, mashed potatoes, greens, gravy with cashew cream. I was stuffed!

It wasn't the most kid friendly place in my opinion. We were the only family there and seemed loud to others. Maybe it was because it was dinner time on a Saturday.

I'd return for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:31 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Tonight we learned the hard way that they are not open for dinner on Sundays. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh no did you go all the way into the city? :( Did you go somewhere else good instead, I hope?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:08 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

RandiJM wrote:
Oh no did you go all the way into the city? :( Did you go somewhere else good instead, I hope?

Yeah, my parents and my brother (not vegans AT ALL) were all here, I talked them all into eating at Mi Lah, and then it's freaking closed! We ended up going to Rangoon, which was fine, but I've been there a million times and I was really looking forward to Mi Lah. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:34 pm 
Tofu Pup

I love Mi-Lah! I have used them to host my sister baby shower this year and also took a large group for a another person's batchlorete party. It was SUPER AFFORADBLE to have the shower there for 40 people although a little cramped with that many people. The amount of food served was abundant and all our family loved it and ate all the dishes (even the very unadventurous). We had so much left over food even after sharing with the family we couldn't eat it all.

So if you are ever looking for a place to have a gathering I would highly recommend Mi-Lah.