| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale 2014
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

The World Wide Vegan Bake Sale is coming up in a few short months (April 26 - May 4th). I am volunteering with the Humane League to help out with Philadelphia's first VegFest (June 14, 2014!!) and I thought it would be a great idea to have the bake sale and donate all proceeds to help out with the costs of the VegFest.

Folks from the PPK organized a bake sale maybe 2 years ago, at the Wooden Shoe on South Street. I was thinking we could do the same thing this year, as well as getting some help from the local vegan baking community (Desserts are Go, Flax Your Head, Stanley's Cupcakes, etc.)

Any interest? Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale 2014
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:24 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yay so glad you thought to do this! I will definitely help but I'm not running the whole thing like last time; that kind of sucked. :) I think we need to have it outside somewhere to make enough money. Inside at the Shoe didn't raise nearly enough as we should have.
So glad we are having a VegFest.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I have a shiitake ton of dress rehearsals/concerts that week, but if we do it on Sat 4/26, I'm pretty sure I could do that! I'm also not a good person to be organizey since I have noooo time but I'm happy to bring baked goods and help sell them (if I don't have rehearsal or a show).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:44 am 

Awesome!! Sooo, I'm going to be out of town for work the weekend of 4/26, so I was pushing for a 5/3 date. CQ, I know you might be unavailable/super busy, but baked good donations would be awesome if you can manage to fit that in.

Randi - Wooden Shoe are taking forever to get back to me...Got any outdoor ideas? I wonder if we can table at a farmer's market?? Greensgrow or my favorite Clark Park? Even Rittenhouse would be cool, we'd sell out for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

xstartxtodayx wrote:
Awesome!! Sooo, I'm going to be out of town for work the weekend of 4/26, so I was pushing for a 5/3 date. CQ, I know you might be unavailable/super busy, but baked good donations would be awesome if you can manage to fit that in.

Randi - Wooden Shoe are taking forever to get back to me...Got any outdoor ideas? I wonder if we can table at a farmer's market?? Greensgrow or my favorite Clark Park? Even Rittenhouse would be cool, we'd sell out for sure.

Yeah, that's a concert day for me, so that's totally a no-go. I might be able to get something to you if I can bring it earlier in the week, but I can't promise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:31 pm 
Hip Goiter

Hm I will see who I need to talk to about a farmers market table. I think the Rittenhouse market is exceedingly difficult to join but I'll look into that one too, as well as any others.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:58 pm 

I reached out to Clark Park Farmer's market and we basically couldn't table at the markets themselves as we need to be licensed. The person did suggest setting up a table in Park B of Clark Park, the second park across the street from where the Farmer's Market is. That's not a bad idea, as there are usually smaller vendors set up there anyway sometimes. Similarly, I wonder if it's possible to table at a spot across from Rittenhouse, like in front of Barnes and Nobles? Far fetched, but we can dream big. Or, wait until Sunday May 4th and do it at the entrance of Rittenhouse (if possible)? I've seen people table there, but never sell baked goods there?? Hmmm... An avenue to look into for sure!

Also, QC I will keep that in mind while solidifying plans for sure. I'll try my best to accommodate anybody that would like to help out. Details forthcoming!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Interested!