| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kid-friendly and gluten-free
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:12 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi! Will be visiting Philly with my three young children (7 yr-old twins and a 2 1/2 yr-old) and my husband and we are looking for a place to eat that is vegan (we are all vegan); kid-friendly; and provides trustworthy gluten-free options (I have celiac). In the past we have gone to Blackbird, and we could do that again and I just skip eating, but wondered if something else out there. (Also one of my sons seems averse to Daiya lately, so not sure if he'd go for pizza anyway). Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much!

Post subject: Re: Kid-friendly and gluten-free
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i think the pop shop in collingswood may be gluten-free friendly. (and it's definitely kid friendly.) if you don't have a car, it's super easy to get there from the PATCO train. i can't think of anything GF friendly mealwise in philly (sweet freedom is a bakery and i don't think has seating). poke graciakai if she doesn't pop in here. in the meantime, here's a search on her posts in the philly phorum.
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=graciakai&fid%5B%5D=43&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:13 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

this search might be a bit more useable for you. (i couldn't use gf because there weren't enough letters. poo.)
search.php?keywords=gluten&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=43&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

which helped me find this post.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20638

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:58 am 
Tofu Pup

Thanks for the feedback, supercarrot! I appreciate thd link for previous threads. We want to stay in Philly, although we did go to the Pop Shop a few years ago and my older kids loved it! Thinking we may check out Sweet Freedom and maybe cobble together individual meals at Whole Foods. But would still love to hear if about other possible options.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:25 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Gluten-free is tough in a city full of seitan. You can get New Harmony to make you something gluten free...Vegan Tree. Mumbai Bistro has a super vegan and gluten free friendly menu. Vedge accommodates, but you know, it's expensive and you need reservations well in advance. Vegan Commissary in South Philly, Philadelphia Chutney Company, Farmicia has a gf fryer but its vegan options aren't that exciting. Grindcore has gf bagels now. Desi Chaat House has gf options if you ask. HipCity I'm sure has gf options - the salads are good! MiLah maybe? Okay, so maybe it's not that tough. Essene has a good buffet sometimes, with gf and vegan labeled options. Sometimes more exciting than Whole Foods.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:31 am 
Tofu Pup

Ooo, thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, Philly does seem super into its seitan...But definitely seems there are options out there!! Thanks for giving me ideas of where to look.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hmm Cedar Point might have some GF offerings.
I think Green Eggs does as well

is Moaz or Mama's falafel GF on a salad?