| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pocono area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

This may not be the best place to put this but I figured it's worth a shot. Gonna be in the Pocono area (Scotrun to be exact) on an upcoming Saturday and we're staying at a water park resort thing (I know! but it'll be 5 couples with our kids so we're gonna have fun together anyway.) I think we're the only vegans and everyone else is vegetarian and while us adults would probably be ok with fries and beer for a day, my kids won't. I realize there will be probably nothing to eat in the resort, which features a PizzaHut blech, so anyone know of something else in the area? Definitely gonna bring lots of snacks and HappyCow shows there may be some offerings in nearby Stroudsburg so we will survive either way I guess.

Post subject: Re: Pocono area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:13 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

there is a Mo's in Tannersville (maps tells me scotrun is right next to it)- in a strip mall thing with a Sonic/Kohls/etc just off of 80 (it is like 80/33/611 all together). We went there a few times last year. Just down 611 continuing towards NJ is an Aldi's, btw, i was thrilled to see one.

there is supposed to be some interesting veg restaurant in Stroudsburg on the old main street drag but the last time I went there it was a cheesefest (god willing it has changed since then, it was only about 10000 years ago).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

oh hey I've heard of Moe's, just never been to one. Sounds like it might be a good choice, many thanks Torque!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:54 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I had never been either but I kept hearing from other people about how good it is and when we were there, that was the closest Target/Old Navy/Salvation Army to where we were staying, so we checked it out a few times.
Other than a Chinese place with great tofu and nice staff but kind of sketchy atmosphere there isn't much else around there (there is a TCBY on 611 that sometimes had the vegan frozen yogurt, and Aldi's has all sorts of accidentally vegan stuff).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:50 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

it's been years since i've been to aldi's (and i live only a few miles from one) i've heard they've gotten more organic friendly. also, i used to get vegan jello cups.