| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rant!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I didn't know where to put this and I don't want to keep posting in the Memphis Taproom thread when I'm not talking about them.

So here goes.

Several of you have been to A Full Plate Cafe and Dos Segundas multiple times. And all of you have raved about their vegan options. But, the vegan options you speak of are not on their menus. This makes me mad!! I don't want to go there and take the chance that the vegan french toast will be offered and then find out that it's not.

Can I trust that if I go to A Full Plate Cafe on Saturday before 3pm that I can get an awesome vegan brunch even though it's not on their menu?

Grrrrrr....I hate taking chances.

Post subject: Re: Rant!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Both always have vegan options whenever I go? Vegan French Toast is a staple on the AFP menu, and they have tofu scramble (I got it as a breakfast burrito once).

Not sure about the vegan french toast at Cantina Dos, but I have had it there once. They have like 15 diff things that can be vegan, so there is always choice.

What happened to you exactly? Was the server able to help? I have some pretty strange requests at these places and they always aim to please.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh nothing happened. I've never been to either of these places yet. I am just irritated that they serve vegan options and specials but they aren't on the menus. It's like they want to keep it a secret that they offer vegan food or something.

Ok, maybe that was a bit dramatic!

But still, what is the point of making it a special that's only on the board when you go in? If they make it all the time then it should be on the menu. I don't take chances with restaurants and I always like to be prepared. So I chose my destinations based on their menu.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:23 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just downloaded A Full Plate's brunch menu and the French Toast is listed on there, just an FYI. They have a pretty small vegan brunch menu, but from the menu online here is what they have:
Tofu Scramble
French Toast
Breakfast Pizza

I'm not sure why Cantina doesn't have it listed on their brunch menu because they have had it every single time I have been. Even during the week when I have walked by it's been listed on the board. So I would say out of the 30+ times I have been/walked by they have had french toast for brunch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Something must be up with their site, or my computer, or there is an internet troll. Because when I downloaded the brunch menu the first time, it gave me the regular menu instead. Just went back and did it again, and this time I got the brunch menu. And now I see it, so thank you for helping me out!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:32 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Next time I walk by I am going to take a photo of the Vegan French Toast on the Dos Segundos board and then I am going to Photoshop it onto their menu.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:49 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Never wound up going to brunch today. Oh well, theres always tomorrow right? Thanks for all of the info and help.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That's really weird, the vegan french toast was on the website menu and the paper menu when I went to A Full Plate.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:42 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I did encounter that problem when I went to Cantina los Caballitos. After hearing about the french toast, I went for brunch, and it was not on special. There really wasn't that much excitement for brunch. My boyfriend got the smoked tofu burrito, which was surprisingly bland. And I got a salad, which was good. But when you go craving french toast and end up with a salad for brunch, no matter how good the salad is, it's a bit disappointing. Even the free chips and yummy salsa couldn't make up for no french toast.

AFP on the other hand, always has french toast on the menu for brunch, as others have said. Last time I was there, the vegan pancakes were on the menu (not just the specials board).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I went to A Full Plate yesterday and french toast (and pancakes) were on the regular menu. I wasn't too excited by the food or service though. I want to like it! Maybe I need to try pancakes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:06 pm 
Tofu Pup

Dos Segundos has brunch every day. Cantina in South Philly has brunch Sat & Sun only. The French Toast on Dos's menu can be made vegan any time by leaving off the whipped cream. Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Dynahmite wrote:
I went to A Full Plate yesterday and french toast (and pancakes) were on the regular menu. I wasn't too excited by the food or service though. I want to like it! Maybe I need to try pancakes.

hmm, i think they have some of the the best french toast in philly/around