| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Meetup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Eric, what time works for you? My whole night is open I believe and it seems like choirqueer's schedule is open too. Maybe 7:30? I'm up for going wherever. I haven't been to Nick's or Rangoon.

Just for the sake of making decisions should we say 7:30 at Rangoon on Thursday July 28th? If anyone has any objections this can be changed obviously. I'll volunteer to coordinate, just message me privately and I'll give you my cell.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I'm fairly certain Nick's is closed these days. And the best Indian in the city is Sitar in University City, by far. But, Rangoon is a great option. If this can be pushed back a week, to August 4th (Randi - did you say you were available then, too?) that would be awesome! If that doesn't jive with the majority, that's cool, but I will be in Portland on the 28th. No worries, either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

choirqueer wrote:
Thursday, July 28 is P E R F E C T! I was just looking at my calendar and thinking, man I hope the PPKers pick Thursday.

I'm a little tired of Indian restaurant food...everywhere has the exact same menu, there are maybe 5 veganizable options, 2 of which I like, both of which I can make myself and I like my own version better. And it happens to be the only cuisine that my dad and I can agree upon for dinner, so...I've eaten a LOT of Indian restaurant food the last couple week. If everyone else wants to do Indian, I'm okay with it...but if there's another option, that would be my preference.

I'm inclined to suggest Rangoon; I've been there a couple times and LOVE IT, but I'd also really like to try some place new.

YES! THIS! THURSDAY! I'm already in the city on Thursdays, for an internship. Granted, I get out of my internship at 1 or 1:30, so I'd have to find a place to burn some time at if we can't make it earlier.

I'M COMING TO A PPK MEETUP! I'M DOING IT! Seriously, I'm dying to meet you guys. I need some (real) vegan friends.

eta: I could probably do the following week too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Lolli wrote:
Eric, what time works for you? My whole night is open I believe and it seems like choirqueer's schedule is open too. Maybe 7:30? I'm up for going wherever. I haven't been to Nick's or Rangoon.

Just for the sake of making decisions should we say 7:30 at Rangoon on Thursday July 28th? If anyone has any objections this can be changed obviously. I'll volunteer to coordinate, just message me privately and I'll give you my cell.

7:30 works for me. just wasnt sure if people were thinking 6 or something early.

xstartxtodayx wrote:
I'm fairly certain Nick's is closed these days. And the best Indian in the city is Sitar in University City, by far. But, Rangoon is a great option. If this can be pushed back a week, to August 4th (Randi - did you say you were available then, too?) that would be awesome! If that doesn't jive with the majority, that's cool, but I will be in Portland on the 28th. No worries, either way.

Yah nick's isnt an option now, just was saying i think that was last on our agenda waaaaay back when after Ethiopian last time.

we could always have more than one meetup too. if some people can come out the 28th i say lets go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Thursday the 28th at 7:30 at Rangoon it is! I'd also be willing to get together somewhere the following week if people wanted to get together then too. So spread the word!

Sorry if this isn't ideal for everyone but I've found when trying to make plans with groups it's often way easier to commit to a date and then go from there rather than going back and forth with a ton of people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:39 pm 

Enjoy it, i've only been there once and it was delicious. The menu is a bit overwhelming, so many vegan possibilities. Please report back on what you ate/what was good.

P.s. If my last post seemed kinda snippy, my apologies, im typing on a phone and have a limited view as to what im typing. /lame.

P.p.s. I hope we get a good storm tonight. The wind's really picking up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 pm 
Hip Goiter

Have fun guys! Let's do another meetup in the first half of August too. k? :)

xstartxtodayx wrote:

You say that then the crazy thunder starts and my power is out in 5...4...3...

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:50 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Lolli wrote:
I've found when trying to make plans with groups it's often way easier to commit to a date and then go from there rather than going back and forth with a ton of people.

Ohhh, I like you!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:26 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I should be able to make the meetup!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

xstartxtodayx wrote:
Enjoy it, i've only been there once and it was delicious. The menu is a bit overwhelming, so many vegan possibilities. Please report back on what you ate/what was good.

P.s. If my last post seemed kinda snippy, my apologies, im typing on a phone and have a limited view as to what im typing. /lame.

No it didnt come off like that. Just always hard finding a date that works for everyone.

Yep, that storm was nuts. I got stuck in it riding home from work and had to squint with one eye for about 4miles. when i got past the airport the roads were dry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:36 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

I think I can make it as well :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 pm 

Yay, my 'hood! I've been wanting to go back to Rangoon too. I'll be there, maybe with the bf.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

there's a groupon for the roller girls. anyone want to hang out then? http://t.co/o5QWW7n (either aug 6 or 27, we haven't purchased our ticket yet.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:39 am 
Hip Goiter

Wow I didn't know we had derby!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 am 

totally! they used to play up in like newtown or something, but now they're at the university of penn ice rink! (so much better)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:16 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I skate with the philly team on the Independence Dolls! I should be skating both dates as long as I keep my attendance up. Word is that Little Baby's Ice Cream will be vending the bout on the 27th and they always have vegan options. They sell out pretty quickly though. So yeah, come on out everyone!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:10 pm 

awesome, lolli! what's your name? i'll keep an eye out for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:32 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Lolli is actually what I go by in most circles (and what it says on the back of my derby uniform.) Lauren is my real name so pick whichever one you'd like. Definitely say hi when you see me! I should be pretty easy to spot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 am 

ok, i've decided on the 6th, cause we have a groupon for ethio that expires on the 8th, so that'll work really well. <3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:20 pm 
Hip Goiter

I know we just had a meetup or two with Veg-Eric but it's November now! We have to plan things before it snows and we all hibernate.
Also I have many movies to see. God I still haven't seen The Help! And it's out of theatres! Does anyone want to see Martha Marcy May Marlene? Supposed to be great, but it's scary/thriller, so I can't see it alone (or at night) or I'll have nightmares.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:08 pm 
Saggy Butt

Isn't Vedge supposed to open soon? I'm in DC, but was planning to come up for that, and would love to meet you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 am 

RandiJM wrote:
We have to plan things before it snows and we all hibernate.

I am already hibernating, from now until December forking 22nd (can you believe finals period goes until then?). A movie might be a good study break sometime though. I'll let you know. But don't wait on me for anything.

akasha wrote:
Isn't Vedge supposed to open soon? I'm in DC, but was planning to come up for that, and would love to meet you guys!

YES.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:57 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Dynahmite wrote:
RandiJM wrote:

I am already hibernating, from now until December forking 22nd (can you believe finals period goes until then?).

Except...for Thanksgiving at my place? Maybe? If nobody's coming, I'm not going to make a ton of food to eat all by my sad self!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:51 pm 

choirqueer wrote:
Dynahmite wrote:
RandiJM wrote:

I am already hibernating, from now until December forking 22nd (can you believe finals period goes until then?).

Except...for Thanksgiving at my place? Maybe? If nobody's coming, I'm not going to make a ton of food to eat all by my sad self!

Of course! It will be a MUCH needed respite from all the crepe I have to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:45 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

i'm up for a meetup! no specific ideas at the moment though.

i'll be with family for thanksgiving.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next