| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale 2011!!! (April 23-May 1)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:31 pm 
Hip Goiter

choirqueer wrote:
Oh crepe! It's on the 30th, not the 23rd! I've been trying to rearrange my schedule for the wrong week! crepe crepe crepe! Okay. Fear not. I think I can fix this. I want to be there so much! Maybe I'll crochet something for the raffle?

I hope you can come! And yes wow something crocheted would be amazing!

Carrotm, I found a 3rd rectangular name label pin

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
Carrotm, I found a 3rd rectangular name label pin

carrot m. ha! (speaking of which, has carrot monogamy re-registered?)

thanks!

and you are so on the ball with these raffle prizes! do you have tickets? or are we going to make our own? (i'm sure there's a template somewhere. i don't mind printing them out.) i also have a gigantic glass vase that we can collect the tickets in.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 am 
Hip Goiter

Haha oops I was trying to remember which carrot it was and I didn't want to use real life names! Sorry!

I thought we could just make our own, have everyone who buys ($1/1 ticket?) write their name and number on a card since most people won't be coming back for the drawing or anything like that. Still don't know what would be best. suggestions?

I have a top hat (from my first gift from my boyfriend -- an Abe Lincoln costume, complete with fake beard) I thought we could use if we didn't have anything else but vase is probably nicer/better :)

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 am 
Hip Goiter

Also hi everyone : http://www.phoodie.info/2011/04/12/supp ... a-edition/

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
I thought we could just make our own, have everyone who buys ($1/1 ticket?) write their name and number on a card since most people won't be coming back for the drawing or anything like that. Still don't know what would be best. suggestions?

the vase i think may work better. (it'll be more eye catching i think. it's just a giant cylinder. not fancy or anything)

i found a few templates, so i can print 'em out. no biggie. and $1 per seems a bit low, considering the value of the items. but it's totally up to you. if they are only $1, i'll be printing a lot of pages. (i'll just look for a template that prints a lot of tickets on one page. good thing i have a laserjet.) :-p i was thinking maybe $5 for 1 and $10 for 3? (and possibly $15 for 5?)

name, number, e-mail 'sall good. we can also include a link to this thread on the stub for people who are curious, and we can include the stub number and person's first name. (or we can announce it on the FB page. whichever method you prefer.)

so, if someone is unreachable after a week, should we re-draw?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:25 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah it should be more than $1 you're right! That's just what I'm used to raffle tickets being. All good all good! We can work on the details next week!

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:56 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I like the $1 lotto ticket idea. The baked goods are the real reason people will come, and that actually costs us something to make, so it makes sense to charge higher prices for the baked goods. What makes a lotto really exciting is if lots of people buy lots of tickets, and I think we'd actually make more money selling more tickets for less money than we would selling less tickets for more money, because when people see that the tickets are affordable and that their odds of winning are higher if they buy more of them, they're more likely to buy them. I know if I showed up to a bake sale and saw that there was also a lotto, but it cost more to buy a lotto ticket than a cupcake, I would buy the cupcake (since I would know for sure I was getting a cupcake for my money!) and skip the lotto (since why spend $5 when I probably won't win anything?)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

choirqueer wrote:
I like the $1 lotto ticket idea. The baked goods are the real reason people will come, and that actually costs us something to make, so it makes sense to charge higher prices for the baked goods. What makes a lotto really exciting is if lots of people buy lots of tickets, and I think we'd actually make more money selling more tickets for less money than we would selling less tickets for more money, because when people see that the tickets are affordable and that their odds of winning are higher if they buy more of them, they're more likely to buy them. I know if I showed up to a bake sale and saw that there was also a lotto, but it cost more to buy a lotto ticket than a cupcake, I would buy the cupcake (since I would know for sure I was getting a cupcake for my money!) and skip the lotto (since why spend $5 when I probably won't win anything?)

i guess you're right. i found a template that has 5 tickets/stubs per sheet. so i can print them 2 sheets per page to make 10 per page. that's not too bad. i just don't know how many to print. maybe it'll be more economical to buy a roll of those generic tickets instead.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 am 
Nailed to the V

I bet you can find a roll of those tickets at a dollar store. If not, carrie you can e-mail me the template and i can print out a bunch so you don't have to waste too much ink and paper.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

xstartxtodayx wrote:
I bet you can find a roll of those tickets at a dollar store. If not, carrie you can e-mail me the template and i can print out a bunch so you don't have to waste too much ink and paper.

good idea! (i was just gonna go back to the restaurant supply store, which would most likely be more expensive)

and don't worry. i have a laserjet, so the ink isn't the issue, it's the cutting (ha!) a roll will be SOOOOO more convenient. (and smaller, so more environmental)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:52 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

You guys are rocking this out! It's going to be so awesome! I'm coming bright and early on the 30th to help set up, sell, and do whatever. (buy and eat lots of baked goods)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

gracia, do you want to drive over together? (although i'll have to stay the whole day, since i'm bringing so many things.) you can park at collingswood, and you can hop the bridge with me, and then when you wanna go home, you can train it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Possibly! I was planning on staying for the whole day too. Just not sure if my hubs wanted to come or not. I will keep you posted and thank you for the offer.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I am going to the dollar store this weekend for other stuff so I will look for tickets. I also agree they should be $1. Oddly, I don't think I'd ever buy a $5 raffle ticket, but I'd totally buy 5 $1 tix (or 6/$5 as is often done).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:47 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Dynahmite wrote:
I am going to the dollar store this weekend for other stuff so I will look for tickets. I also agree they should be $1. Oddly, I don't think I'd ever buy a $5 raffle ticket, but I'd totally buy 5 $1 tix (or 6/$5 as is often done).

Well, 5 tickets for 5 dollars is a way better deal than 1 ticket for 5 dollars! So that's not so odd.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Dynahmite wrote:

make sure to get the kind that are doubled up so the people can keep the other stub as a record.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:52 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Let me know if there are any random odds and ends I can pick up for the bakesale!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:58 pm 

No raffle tix to be found. Should we proceed with making them or does anyone know of a place they can buy them?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

i'll check in my local party store (and then my dollar stores.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:44 am 

Randi says she may have little blank cars we can have people write their info on. So, not a big deal if you don't find anything.

A week from today! I'm excited!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

i have in my possession 2000 raffle tickets.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

supercarrot wrote:
i have in my possession 2000 raffle tickets.

Holy crepe that's a lot! Thank you!

Hi everyone, I'm back in America now! I'm excited for Saturday woohooo! How is everyone coming along with the baking? I hope it's nice on Saturday. Tonight I'm making as many freaking little chocolate chip cookies as I possibly can so we can always have one person standing outside with them on a tray, giving them away as samples to draw people in! Yay! (I have a good tray for it.) Also, I went to the Manner store in Vienna on Sunday and bought the biggest pack of the original flavor (vegan!) they had, like a case of 20 I think, to raffle off as well.
Also, the Vaute Couture t shirt came! As I posted on the Facebook page, it's the 'V is for Vegan' one. Awesome! So we have that, we have the Blackbird gift card in hand thanks to Elli, the Big Green Earth store soaps, the Manner...I'm forgetting things! Waiting on Miss Rachel gift cert and dealing with Trader Joe's tax issues (ugh). Anyone offering anything homemade or personal services?

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:43 pm 
Hip Goiter

Also someone please remind me to bring the case of 'My Sweet Vegan' cookbooks!

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

i have 80 soy-free PB cup fillings chilling in the fridge waiting for their enrobement. (turns out they'll be gluten-free too.)
i'm considering throwing together another batch, but i'll have to see how far my 3.5 packs of allergen-free enjoy life chocolate chips make it.

oh, also, i got 2 copies of voluptuous vegan when we got married, so i'll throw the extra one into the raffle.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh my goodness 80! That's great! Yay! You are amazing.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next